Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Selling Cats Without Enabled Pedigrees
03-12-2015, 04:05 PM
RE: Selling Cats Without Enabled Pedigrees
Don't simply check that it's For Sale!

* Check the price. Conditions change. Last month, when you set it to 15000L$ that may have been a competitive price. But, this month, when it's everywhere for 1000L$ all you're doing is telling potential customers you never check and don't want to sell it.

* Check the name. Knowledge changes. Last month, when you didn't know that Jade was recessive to Peach Bellini, naming it "Peach Bellini Offspring" was acceptable. This month, that's a (at best) misleading claim and your reputation with potential customers will suffer for it.

* Check your signs. Same as with names, you don't want outdated information.

* Verify you have Pedigree links enabled and that any givers are working.

* Pick up the clutter! Signs advertising cats/boxes which were sold, moved, picked up, whatever, also make you look bad.

It's not just about selling, and it's not just about doing it right the first time; it's also about showing your potential customers you regularly keep up your shop.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Illuminatra Resident , Devilness Chant , Priestess Firanelli
03-12-2015, 04:27 PM
(03-12-2015 04:05 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Don't simply check that it's For Sale!

* Check the price. Conditions change. Last month, when you set it to 15000L$ that may have been a competitive price. But, this month, when it's everywhere for 1000L$ all you're doing is telling potential customers you never check and don't want to sell it.

* Check the name. Knowledge changes. Last month, when you didn't know that Jade was recessive to Peach Bellini, naming it "Peach Bellini Offspring" was acceptable. This month, that's a (at best) misleading claim and your reputation with potential customers will suffer for it.

* Check your signs. Same as with names, you don't want outdated information.

* Verify you have Pedigree links enabled and that any givers are working.

* Pick up the clutter! Signs advertising cats/boxes which were sold, moved, picked up, whatever, also make you look bad.

It's not just about selling, and it's not just about doing it right the first time; it's also about showing your potential customers you regularly keep up your shop.

Lovely advice Tad!

Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ @ Cʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛʀᴀ - KɪᴛᴛʏCᴀᴛS! Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant
03-17-2015, 07:48 AM
i totally agree with everyone who suggested an automatic pedi link. I can understand that activating at once ALL past kittie's pedigrees might crash the system but what about future born cats?

i know some people who just forget to activate or try to activate a link but its simply not working for them...for whatever reason, we all know sl has issues here and then...so telling ppl walk along might not a good suggestion. How about just IMing the person to friendly ask for a pedigree? that would be nicer, wouldn't it?

So i totally vote for a feature where we can say "activate all future newborns pedigree atomatic" *check*

xoxo
Julia

Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield , MsMagick Resident , AugustAfternoon Resident , Devilness Chant
03-27-2015, 02:42 AM
oops my cat bumped this thread, bad cat Wink
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
03-27-2015, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 02:29 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
LOL! I saw that thread and it needed the bump. Angel

FYI, the In World link is temporary and expires after 30 minutes so putting it in forum posts, on MP lists, etc. doesn't work.

It is okay to IM it to someone if you want to show them the full pedigree while you're discussing a kitty, but screenshots of the pedigree page work better for posts, etc. It's really meant for in-world shopping, and is shown as a clickable link when you view the cat's info in local.

Example:

??????????????????????????????????????????
? MEGA 9T+1 M Ocicat Lavender - Platinum - Twinkle - PSF - Wavy

Fur: Ocicat - Lavender
Eyes: Platinum (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Small)
Shade: Twinkle
Tail: Chop Chop
Ears: Pointed Soft Fold
Whiskers: White (Shape: Wavy)
Size: MegaPuss

Version: 1.43
Owner: MsMagick Resident
ID: fe211fac-cbcf-a27b-f419-4fb210a2b8ec
Pedigree: http://kittycats.biz/p.php?f84d1ece-f194141-87681 <<---- In World Pedigree Link
?????????????????????????????
MOM: Oci Silver Girl
Fur: Ocicat - Ebony Silver
Eyes: Blush Quartz (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Small)
Tail: Curious
Ears: Pointed Soft Fold
Whiskers: White (Shape: Wavy)

DAD: Lavender Glow
Fur: Ocicat - Lavender
Eyes: Divine (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Small)
Tail: Mysterious
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: White (Shape: Dreamy)
???????????????????????

(I was talking to a seller the other night who wasn't aware of this, so thought I would share it.)

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
03-27-2015, 02:22 PM
My take on this whole thing is I just really feel it is up to the individual if they wish to enable the pedigree link or not. Expecting secondary market owners to enforce their renters to use the pedigree link isn't realistic. It also isn't the secondary market owners' responsibility to make sure their tenants are using the pedigree link.

I do enable the pedigree link, but not everyone knows how to do it. I have spoken to a few who didn't even know it existed.

I have bought several kittycats without a pedigree link available to me. If they are a cute kittycat that I've been searching for and they are being kept as a pet, the pedigree doesn't matter.

I'm pretty laid back when it comes to things like this. Just my take on it. Smile
03-27-2015, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 05:01 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
I don't think market owners should force the use of links. But it helps to sell cats, so is good customer service, to be sure those who don't enable links learn.

Can you buy without seeing the Pedigree? Sure. But, consider two cats, completely unrelated:
* both are L$5000
* both are named 'Hides Blue Marble'
* both show Snowshoe Cream, and
* both, when clicked read out in local chat that their parents were Soft Black and Snowshoe Cream.

The one with the Pedigree link shows the Soft Black came from an Ebony Silver and a Blue Marble.

Which you gonna buy?

How are you gonna feel when you purchase the one which didn't show a Pedigree link, and only then are able to find out the Blue Marble was on the Snowshoe Cream side?
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , MsMagick Resident , Ivy Norsk , Devilness Chant , Priestess Firanelli
03-28-2015, 09:27 AM
I'm pretty new as well.

Is there a way to make the pedigree enabled without logging on to the website? I wish there was a menu button to push when the cat is in world. Smile

Clementine's Meow: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/To...s/51/78/21
03-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Nope, for the local-chat link, you have to log in at set it by-hand, for each cat/box.

Your other choice is to use a Pedigree-giver object. That, at least, can be done in-world.
03-29-2015, 09:40 AM
(03-27-2015 02:22 PM)Ehcoe Resident Wrote:  My take on this whole thing is I just really feel it is up to the individual if they wish to enable the pedigree link or not. Expecting secondary market owners to enforce their renters to use the pedigree link isn't realistic. It also isn't the secondary market owners' responsibility to make sure their tenants are using the pedigree link.

I do enable the pedigree link, but not everyone knows how to do it. I have spoken to a few who didn't even know it existed.

I have bought several kittycats without a pedigree link available to me. If they are a cute kittycat that I've been searching for and they are being kept as a pet, the pedigree doesn't matter.

I'm pretty laid back when it comes to things like this. Just my take on it. Smile

The renter should be able to run their business the way they want as long as it's respectful to others.

The points being made here are ways to help shop owners sell more in reality.

Maybe sim owners can give note cards to new renters or even old renters with instructions on how to set pedigree links? With new people coming in all the time, not everyone is aware of ways to set links. This could really help new people make sales.

It can be a hassle going into every kitty and setting the link, but you do save on prims in the long run since every pedigree giver is at least one prim. There used to be a sign that had a script that you could copy paste the id number into it and it would show the owners pedigrees. I don't know if it's still around but it was really nice and less prims if you don't want to go into each kitty and set the link.

Since coming back to kitties, I've been combing the markets and buying kitties. Personally if I go to a shop and don't see pedigree links set up, I won't buy and move on. I've bought a few for the shown traits and trusted that was what I was going to get, only to be disappointed with hidden traits that I didn't want, but might have known if I had been able to see farther back than just the mom and dad. There may have been kitties that I might have bought for hidden traits, but with no pedigree I couldn't tell and moved on.

Pricing is very important also since you can't sell a kitty that isn't marked for sale. It's important to check your shops from time to time and update them. Even being new again, I can check to see if a kitty is really worth as much as it's marked. I can ask kitty friends, check sagas charts, or know just by how many of the traits I see in other shops and love shacks. (I'm a bargain shopper lol)

You pay your rent, you pay to feed your kitties, they're your investment and hobby. By no means do I mean to tell anyone how to run their business. I am only trying to offer some helpful advise. Heart

So many get discouraged because their kitties aren't selling. It is a huge market, with a lot of competition. And it's easy to get discouraged. But sometimes just a few tips and tricks can make all the difference or at least help. Smile

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)