Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Selling Cats Without Enabled Pedigrees
02-28-2015, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 04:51 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
RE: Selling Cats Without Enabled Pedigrees
(02-28-2015 11:54 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  There is an easier way when you have boxes rezzed in-world:

1) Left Click on the box
2) Click the Online Help button on the popup menu and Go to Page to load web page.
This takes you directly to the pedigree for that cat, there is no need to search through lines of database text.
3) Click on the "View Pedigree Tree For This Cat" line, which displays the pedigree tree.
4) In the pedigree tree, checkmark the upper right box :"Enable In World Pedigree Link"

Done!

Since most cats for sale are in-world, this 30 second operation (because of KC server lag) should have NO excuse for not doing. Every time a new kitten box appears, that is the first thing I do. This also works for live cats of course.

It's actually more work if your kitties are in the Cattery, since now you need to search through a text list of the boxes, or pictures of your live cats, before clicking to take you to their family tree.

Oh, that's much faster!

Thanks, I didn't know how to do it this way either!

M

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
02-28-2015, 09:50 PM
(02-28-2015 11:54 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  There is an easier way when you have boxes rezzed in-world:

1) Left Click on the box
2) Click the Online Help button on the popup menu and Go to Page to load web page.
This takes you directly to the pedigree for that cat, there is no need to search through lines of database text.
3) Click on the "View Pedigree Tree For This Cat" line, which displays the pedigree tree.
4) In the pedigree tree, checkmark the upper right box :"Enable In World Pedigree Link"

Done!

Since most cats for sale are in-world, this 30 second operation (because of KC server lag) should have NO excuse for not doing. Every time a new kitten box appears, that is the first thing I do. This also works for live cats of course.

It's actually more work if your kitties are in the Cattery, since now you need to search through a text list of the boxes, or pictures of your live cats, before clicking to take you to their family tree.

Thank you, I did not know this either - a Big help and an easy way to start a routine.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant
03-03-2015, 08:02 PM
BTW - PLEASE turn on pedigrees for Collection cats too. I see many reputable breeders who never do this, but it does matter to some of us.

Ex: Yes, I may be looking for hidden traits, but I'm also very specifically breeding Domino IV's for sale as pets, and prefer they have Genesis Water eyes showing.

Thanks!

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
03-07-2015, 07:11 AM
I believe it would help everyone if the pedigre was turned off by default on cats. There are many other breedables whos lines you can trace back quite far by clicking on a pet and being redirected through its pedigree, then pedi of parents, grandparents...e ct ect... It could be jsut me but, I find that seeing more than those you won would help quite a bit of breeders, and seeing further than grandparents of cat you wish to buy. It would not ruin surprise factor of trait cus again... we can never be completely sure what is hidden behind shown trait, but it would be nice to see pedi without having too turn the option on for every box

[Image: 13950600883_338a1a1f18_z.jpg]
= = = = = = = =
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Jackson_Verlack]
= = = = = = = =
 Thanks given by: xStormyx Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Devilness Chant
03-08-2015, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 03:11 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
(03-07-2015 07:11 AM)Jackson Verlack Wrote:  I believe it would help everyone if the pedigre was turned off by default on cats. There are many other breedables whos lines you can trace back quite far by clicking on a pet and being redirected through its pedigree, then pedi of parents, grandparents...e ct ect... It could be jsut me but, I find that seeing more than those you won would help quite a bit of breeders, and seeing further than grandparents of cat you wish to buy. It would not ruin surprise factor of trait cus again... we can never be completely sure what is hidden behind shown trait, but it would be nice to see pedi without having too turn the option on for every box

I assume you mean pedigree turned ON by default. The real question, that KittyCats management needs to answer here, is WHY they made the world pedigree link an option, and WHY they set it to default off.

Usually illogical decisions are based on protecting someone that have influence with KittyCats - the hiding of breeders names in the pedigree is one example.

So why is this even an option, and why is it set to off? Equinox, Kitten?
 Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield , Devilness Chant
03-08-2015, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 03:09 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
While I sometimes forget to enable it myself since it needs to be done manually I agree I would not buy a kitten without pedigree either.
Some hidden traits may want me to buy the kitten even more and some don't I don't like surprises so much when it comes to hidden traits.

I believe it is not automatically enableD because it could cause a sudden increase of server requests which could be seen as spam by SL.
As I recall this is the reason but correct me if I am wrong KC

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

03-08-2015, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 04:26 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
This is if you could turn them all off or on with one click. If it were already enabled by default, the new requests should be spread out over time, as new kittens were born.

I think it would be well worth the hassle to be able to personally specify what our own default should be for this, even if it takes a day or two for all the processing to happen after we enable it. (Just let us know what to expect.)

I feel like any reputable seller should have in world pedigree links turned on, and yet sometimes I forget or miss doing it myself. Being able to have it turned on by default would fix that.

P.S. I'm also thinking it might be good to have a class or info pack for breeders and sellers with tips & tricks, including how to do this.

The Magick Cattery

Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Ryanna Enfield , Devilness Chant
03-08-2015, 04:45 PM
(03-08-2015 02:53 PM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  Usually illogical decisions are based on protecting someone that have influence with KittyCats - the hiding of breeders names in the pedigree is one example.

Regarding privacy concerns:
- Doesn't it already display the breeder's name as "Someone Else" if it's not you?

- You already know who owns the cat that you are buying.
- You can see owner's names for parents and grandparents in the Pedigree - that's the only part that concerns me, but it already does - as you can see them anyway once you buy the cat. However, they change over time as cats change hands, so none of them may be the actual breeder.

I'm glad they provide it as an option, and the only reason I can see for it being turned off was the processing required to enable it for everyone whenever they added it.

The Magick Cattery

Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield , Devilness Chant
03-10-2015, 06:34 PM
*hand up Mine used to say someone else instead of YOU. Turns out my name in cattery and I guess here weren't capped. It was devilness chant, instead of Devilness Chant. I think that was my doing when I signed up for forums and such. *blush

Since I've been back, I've been walking around some of the kitty sims, looking at kitties and have found some boxes that have no price. I understand keeping some of our babies at our shops and of course they're not for sale, but I assume the boxes are meant for sale. I've seen a few I would have bought if the prices were right, but I'll never know.

I'm not sure if it still happens, but I remember sim resets or sl restarting regions (or whatever they're doing to mess with us) would turn off prices too. It might not be a bad idea to check your inventory from time to time.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
03-12-2015, 02:53 PM
I've found unpriced ones as well.. and have sometimes found mine unpriced when I was sure I'd set the price. I don't sell a lot in world, but I when I do, I find it worthwhile to double check them and then to recheck them periodically.

The Magick Cattery

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)