Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Selling Cats Without Enabled Pedigrees
02-27-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: Selling Cats Without Enabled Pedigrees
The way I enable a pedigree to make ite asier since I have over 100 cats..close to 200 now LOL. When a box is born I always go into the website and find the cat and enable it right away. There have been times when I do forget to do that but and every now and then I do miss a box but I usually get a buyer letting me know it's not enabled and I come down and enable it right away. I also do not bid on bidboard cats without a pedigree link. I have seen so much scamming and harassment etc lately from the Halloween cats and the Valentines cats. On bidboard it deff should be a requirement especially if at auctions it is. A bidboard is just an auction but on your own time. I usually will not buuy or bid if i also haven't seen the seller before. I guess with all that's gone on with collection cats lately I am a bit cautious. But I do like supporting newer breeders so I do try and buy but I love looking at the pedigrees too so I can see a complete background of the cat. It just makes it easier on everyone and also will help the market and breeders too. Happy breeding!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Illuminatra Resident , Devilness Chant
02-27-2015, 08:15 AM
(02-26-2015 03:45 PM)Ra Elman Wrote:  A Global ENABLE on the Pedigree Page (http://kittycats.biz/pedigree/) would be a Nice NEW feature. Doing them one at a time is c r a z y Smile but doable for now.

if there is a way to do this now PLEASE let me know Confused

Simple solution! Solve the problem!

And I do not see why the market should be the tax to control the pedigrees of all cats of all the shops, with no active links. unreal idea.

Maybe it's easier to enable pedigree, for people who use online cattery, since they are the Kitten page where he is born. perhaps it's a routine easier.

who does not use the online cattery, and has kittens in sl usually uses the online cattery only to activate the pedigree when a kitten goes to auction.

Just a matter of habit, which can not be imposed on other breeders.

Thus, the KCC to develop a system to enable pedigress on lots, it appears that this type of abuse is decreased.

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Devilness Chant
02-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Charm's Pedigree roster can run upwards of 1,500 cats and boxes. At 5 minutes, maximum, per cat or box, which, with the current throttle, it could take up to 5.2 days for a global option to effect her entire roster.

Who among you is willing to wait nearly a week for a single click on a web page to take effect?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Devilness Chant
02-27-2015, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 09:05 AM by Illuminatra Resident.)
(02-27-2015 08:02 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote:  The way I enable a pedigree to make ite asier since I have over 100 cats..close to 200 now LOL. When a box is born I always go into the website and find the cat and enable it right away. There have been times when I do forget to do that but and every now and then I do miss a box but I usually get a buyer letting me know it's not enabled and I come down and enable it right away. I also do not bid on bidboard cats without a pedigree link. I have seen so much scamming and harassment etc lately from the Halloween cats and the Valentines cats. On bidboard it deff should be a requirement especially if at auctions it is. A bidboard is just an auction but on your own time. I usually will not buuy or bid if i also haven't seen the seller before. I guess with all that's gone on with collection cats lately I am a bit cautious. But I do like supporting newer breeders so I do try and buy but I love looking at the pedigrees too so I can see a complete background of the cat. It just makes it easier on everyone and also will help the market and breeders too. Happy breeding!

Aubrey, what you have explained here definitely reiterates just how important it is to enable a pedigree. Yes, I realize that there are some people who have hundreds, if not thousands of cats. I realize that it may be difficult to remember to enable the pedigrees of all of the cats you own, especially if you have several shops. But here's my personal opinion. If you have the time to set all of those cats out in various shops, decorate, etc. you also have the time to enable the pedigrees for your potential customers. Yes we all have a slip up, and that's fine. The simple solution to that is, a buyer sending you an IM or a NC asking you to enable the pedigree. No big deal. No harm done!

It would be wonderful if there was a solution to enable all of the pedigrees of the cats that you'd wish to sell in bulk, but as Tad has pointed out it's not really that possible with the system that KC has designed.

Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ @ Cʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛʀᴀ - KɪᴛᴛʏCᴀᴛS! Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant
02-27-2015, 09:20 AM
I agree that it is too much of a burden for market owners to police boxes at their market. That would take much too much time. I don't think it's a realistic prospect.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Devilness Chant
02-27-2015, 09:27 AM
(02-27-2015 09:20 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I agree that it is too much of a burden for market owners to police boxes at their market. That would take much too much time. I don't think it's a realistic prospect.

Absolutely! It is too much of a burden, but I do not see any harm with market owners educating their renters (via rental notecards, classes, or however they choose) on the importance and value of pedigree use. That would really help everyone. Some people will really walk right by a cat at your shop if one is not enabled, but others may contact you privately so that you can assist them with it.

I do think that in places where sales are more immediate (auctions, bid boards & live tables) that pedigree use should be enforced. In those cases people know what they are looking for, and may not have the time to contact a seller to enable a pedigree.

02-27-2015, 09:40 AM
As a market owner all I can do is educate people. I do have a much smaller market but I still cannot go around and check every cat in every store. I do have new breeders who rent from me as well as older breeders. I decided to take a minute of my time and send this notice to help educate. We can't force people to turn on the links but we can let them know it's there and they will do whatever they wish with the knowledge they now have. This is what i sent out.
A pedigree shows the full ancestry of your kittycats! This helps determine what the cat may be hiding. Did you know you can enable a pedigree link for your live or boxed cats? It's simple!! Go to the kittycats website http://kittycats.biz/index.htm

select pedigree from the tabs.
Find the kitty you want, click on it and check enable in world pedigree link. It may take a few minutes to pop up, if it doesn't pop up within a couple of minutes switch it to box to image or vice versa.
Happy breeding!

Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Devilness Chant
02-27-2015, 10:08 AM
(02-27-2015 09:40 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote:  As a market owner all I can do is educate people. I do have a much smaller market but I still cannot go around and check every cat in every store. I do have new breeders who rent from me as well as older breeders. I decided to take a minute of my time and send this notice to help educate. We can't force people to turn on the links but we can let them know it's there and they will do whatever they wish with the knowledge they now have. This is what i sent out.
A pedigree shows the full ancestry of your kittycats! This helps determine what the cat may be hiding. Did you know you can enable a pedigree link for your live or boxed cats? It's simple!! Go to the kittycats website http://kittycats.biz/index.htm

Find the kitty you want, click on it and check enable in world pedigree link. It may take a few minutes to pop up, if it doesn't pop up within a couple of minutes switch it to box to image or vice versa.
Happy breeding!

This was a wonderful way to inform your breeders of the value of pedigrees! People that are new to KittyCatS! want to learn how to breed and pedigrees definitely help everyone breed what they love. Good for you Aubrey! Smile

02-28-2015, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 04:46 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
(02-27-2015 09:40 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote:  A pedigree shows the full ancestry of your kittycats! This helps determine what the cat may be hiding. Did you know you can enable a pedigree link for your live or boxed cats? It's simple!! Go to the kittycats website http://kittycats.biz/index.htm

There is an easier way when you have boxes rezzed in-world:

1) Left Click on the box
2) Click the Online Help button on the popup menu and Go to Page to load web page.
This takes you directly to the pedigree for that cat, there is no need to search through lines of database text.
3) Click on the "View Pedigree Tree For This Cat" line, which displays the pedigree tree.
4) In the pedigree tree, checkmark the upper right box :"Enable In World Pedigree Link"

Done!

Since most cats for sale are in-world, this 30 second operation (because of KC server lag) should have NO excuse for not doing. Every time a new kitten box appears, that is the first thing I do. This also works for live cats of course.

It's actually more work if your kitties are in the Cattery, since now you need to search through a text list of the boxes, or pictures of your live cats, before clicking to take you to their family tree.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Illuminatra Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , MsMagick Resident , Ra Elman , AugustAfternoon Resident , Devilness Chant
02-28-2015, 01:39 PM
(02-28-2015 11:54 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  
(02-27-2015 09:40 AM)dreampoetz Resident Wrote:  A pedigree shows the full ancestry of your kittycats! This helps determine what the cat may be hiding. Did you know you can enable a pedigree link for your live or boxed cats? It's simple!! Go to the kittycats website http://kittycats.biz/index.htm

There is an easier way when you have boxes rezzed in-world:

1) Left Click on the box
2) Click the Online Help button on the popup menu and Go to Page to load web page.
This takes you directly to the pedigree for that cat, there is no need to search through lines of database text.
3) Click on the "View Pedigree Tree For This Cat" line, which displays the pedigree tree.
4) In the pedigree tree, and checkmark the upper right box :"Enable In World Pedigree Link"

Done!

Since most cats for sale are in-world, this 30 second operation (because of KC server lag) should have NO excuse for not doing. Every time a new kitten box appears, that is the first thing I do. This also works for live cats of course.

It's actually more work if your kitties are in the Cattery, since now you need to search through a text list of the boxes, or pictures of your live cats, before clicking to take you to their family tree.
I actually didn't know you could do it in world. Thank you.

Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)