Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Cognac recessiveness?
11-26-2016, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2016 05:21 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
RE: Cognac recessiveness?
Thanks Arella, Great proof -- and a good intellectual excercise thinking about it.

Thanks also Arwen for the extra analysis as it helps.

And KittycatsProof, thanks for updating your chart so quickly. It really helps a lot. I check you guys to see if I've missed anything on my list.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2016, 01:23 AM
Laughs, i figured it all out last night, and waited for the proof on lapis till the morning and had forgotten what i had figured out. i stared at it for a good hour before i remembered ocm was dom to twilight hahaha. I'm testing congac vs ocm now 5 of 5 have passed cognac so trying to pull hiddens now. also opened a ody cognac wine today too to test aganst that i haven't found a 100% proof of it being dom to cognac yet.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner
11-27-2016, 10:26 AM
(11-27-2016 01:23 AM)Arella Ohmai Wrote:  Laughs, i figured it all out last night, and waited for the proof on lapis till the morning and had forgotten what i had figured out. i stared at it for a good hour before i remembered ocm was dom to twilight hahaha. I'm testing congac vs ocm now 5 of 5 have passed cognac so trying to pull hiddens now. also opened a ody cognac wine today too to test aganst that i haven't found a 100% proof of it being dom to cognac yet.

Are you using the cat that hides Twilight to Test OCW? That would be grreat and narrow OCW alot if it showed
heres the current range for OCW your cognac hiding twilight would be great to test the eye.
Posting it to save people time on looking it up Smile

[Image: 9251534699890c996ca11d097e48961d.png]

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
11-28-2016, 08:09 PM
I am not since both are girls, but i just opened another of the sibs to the twilight hider to see if it hides twilight as well so might have a good one to test the ocw with.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
12-26-2016, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 07:02 PM by Arella Ohmai.)
Get ready to hurt your brains again... Ready Set GO!
OCM Dom to Cognac...

Lets start out with the final breeding...
Mother Shows Jade, Hides Ody Bellini
Father Shows Cognac Hides...this is where it gets fun
Offspring Shows Ody Bellini

Offspring:
[Image: 8776e7acaa363035dfd8984b1570a02f.png]
Mother:
[Image: 53cd6ddf500bf8c62d6cd2f3be05e2e7.png]
Father:
[Image: 94f5f28bd75cd121d36d53957aac5662.png]

Sooo...Mother passed Ody Bellini...and Father passed Exotic Breeze...
Exotic Breeze came from the fathers Grandmother!

Offspring proving grandmother hid exotic breeze:
[Image: 13c1e1a8393ace1ff12326867a32cd17.png]
12-26-2016, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 07:27 PM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Ok my brain really hurts because I'm not seeing how cognac and jade producing ody bellini proves OCM is dominant to cognac

(12-26-2016 06:45 PM)Arella Ohmai Wrote:  Get ready to hurt your brains again... Ready Set GO!
OCM Dom to Cognac...

Lets start out with the final breeding...
Mother Shows Jade, Hides Ody Bellini
Father Shows Cognac Hides...this is where it gets fun
Offspring Shows Ody Bellini

Offspring:
[Image: 8776e7acaa363035dfd8984b1570a02f.png]
Mother:
[Image: 53cd6ddf500bf8c62d6cd2f3be05e2e7.png]
Father:
[Image: 94f5f28bd75cd121d36d53957aac5662.png]

Sooo...Mother passed Ody Bellini...and Father passed Exotic Breeze...
Exotic Breeze came from the fathers Grandmother!

Offspring proving grandmother hid exotic breeze:
[Image: 13c1e1a8393ace1ff12326867a32cd17.png]

Ok looked at it again and see you are saying Pipin hides cognac. But you have not proven that. All you proved is Rapunzle hides exotic breeze. Pipin may hide it as well. Unless we see Pipins hid pulled with a known recessive it proves nothing. You can't pull cognac with cognac hiding something else and be100% sure which cat passed it. You need to pull it with a cat showing a known more recessive eye.

Forum Based Charts

12-26-2016, 07:35 PM
Pippin could only hide cognac or Tap royal, both are dom to Ody bellini, so ody bellini or something more recessive had to come from rapunzle looking back Jo Jo, Rapunzle's mother was proven to hide Exotic Breeze which is more recessive to Ody Bellini, which could be the only way the offspring of Coldagh and jason gave us ody bellini.
12-26-2016, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 07:47 PM by Arwen Swordthain.)
You never showed any proof of Pipins hidden. You never even stated what it might be. Without charts showing what Pipin hides the proof means nothing. We need to see Pipins chart to back up your claim. Assuming the parent in question shows cognac and hides tap royale we need to see that proof as well and know 100% that Pipin cannot hide something rec to ody Bellini.
It's a multi chart complicated proof but currently it's missing the most important information.
Looking at the charts we need proof Richarda hides Tap royale. That will complete the proof and place cognac
(12-26-2016 07:35 PM)Arella Ohmai Wrote:  Pippin could only hide cognac or Tap royal, both are dom to Ody bellini, so ody bellini or something more recessive had to come from rapunzle looking back Jo Jo, Rapunzle's mother was proven to hide Exotic Breeze which is more recessive to Ody Bellini, which could be the only way the offspring of Coldagh and jason gave us ody bellini.

Forum Based Charts

12-26-2016, 07:47 PM
(12-26-2016 07:35 PM)Arella Ohmai Wrote:  Pippin could only hide cognac or Tap royal, both are dom to Ody bellini, so ody bellini or something more recessive had to come from rapunzle looking back Jo Jo, Rapunzle's mother was proven to hide Exotic Breeze which is more recessive to Ody Bellini, which could be the only way the offspring of Coldagh and jason gave us ody bellini.

I'm afraid we need to prove Pippin's hidden eye before it can be proved that he passed Cognac and not JoJo.
That shoiuld be an easy task, since he's only 55 days old.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
12-26-2016, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 07:52 PM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Pulling Pipins cognac with more recessive eye is certainly the simplest way to prove OCM IS Dom to cognac

(12-26-2016 07:47 PM)Reven Rosca Wrote:  

I'm afraid we need to prove Pippin's hidden eye before it can be proved that he passed Cognac and not JoJo.
That shoiuld be an easy task, since he's only 55 days old.

Forum Based Charts

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)