Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Crystal Crush recessiveness?
07-09-2016, 05:50 AM
RE: Crystal Crush recessiveness?
I found this on a love table!

[Image: 8bc77e06d71e4519f5cdddbfa236317b.png]

Mum shows her mother's shown Chrystal Crush.
Dad shows Tapestry royale, which is known to be recessive to both Chrystal Crush and Bronze.

Therefore, Stan's shown Bronze must be mum's hidden eye, and recessive to Chrystal Crush.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
07-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Scooped again!
I've been running this pair-off. The baby was showing Crystal Crush, but I have not gotten a chance to open the box and test it. The box was produced just yesterday.

At this rate, we really will have the charts cleaned up by August.
I'm now moving on to test against Ody Cognac Moon.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
07-11-2016, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 03:54 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Congrats on finding it Reven! (time stamp for 1st part is a little after 11pm)
(when I did a new reply, forum just added it to my previous reply. so this time stamp is 2:53am for 2nd part)

Just posted placing Pewter which effects Crystal Crush

Saga says
Pewter is dominant to Bronze and recessive to Odyssey Cognac Moon (and Crystal Crush)

which means Crystal Crush is dominant to Pewter

I've placed Pewter between Odyssey Cognac Moon and Morning Dew (see Pewter thead)

so the line up is now
Full Moon (Ltd.Ed)
Odyssey Cognac Moon
Pewter
Morning Dew
Bronze
Canary

So if Crystal Crush is dominant to Pewter, does that mean it only needs to be tested against Odyssey Cognac Moon to be placed?

That's the way I'm reading it but I've been catching up on my charts (bad rl week so haven't been doing my kittyboxes charts so am playing catch up) and when I do a lot of charts I flip dom/rec so just want to see if that's what others see too?

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
07-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Yes, that is my operative understanding. I've got an ody cognac moon boy open now to run with my crystal crush girl. There are quite a few unplaced eyes that are listed as recessive to crystal crush, so once we get it placed, some things are going to narrow considerably.

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
07-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks, Ivy. This is cool!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
08-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Just a quick update. My last two breedings of crystal crush versus ody cognac moon were unhelpful as both cats threw their recessives. There's always next week. Also Doll Orfan is also running the test, so perhaps she will have better luck.

08-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Awww, I'm sorry Ivy. Good luck next week!

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
08-17-2016, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016 04:14 PM by Reven Rosca.)
My Crystal Crush vs Morning Dew test pair just had a Crystal Crush boy.

[Image: 56dda798a76f5151570e603e12d1c54a.png]

Mum shows Crystal Crush and is proven to hide Pewter
Dad shows Morning Dew, and I have reason to believe that his eyes are pure.
Kitten shows Crystal Crush.

Crystal Crush is already proven dominant to Bronze and Pewter, which means that it is also dominant to Morning Dew, and I'm having a major facepalm moment while I push my kitties off the project platform Angry and admits that I made a fool of myself.

Bye bye kitties! Angel

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
08-17-2016, 06:21 PM
LOL.
I think crystal crush Has NOT been tested yet versus Ody Crush (but I could be wrong). I'm currently running Crystal Crush versus Ody Cognac Moon (and they've been very bad kitties and threw their recessives for 3 weeks, but just last week produced a box showing Crystal Crush that I can test for hidden) and ALSO Ody Crush versus Ody Cognac Moon.
If you want to run one of your crystal crush cats versus an Ody crush, I could open the box that proved Ody Crush rec to Full Moon.

08-17-2016, 06:54 PM
(08-17-2016 06:21 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  LOL.
I think crystal crush Has NOT been tested yet versus Ody Crush (but I could be wrong). I'm currently running Crystal Crush versus Ody Cognac Moon (and they've been very bad kitties and threw their recessives for 3 weeks, but just last week produced a box showing Crystal Crush that I can test for hidden) and ALSO Ody Crush versus Ody Cognac Moon.
If you want to run one of your crystal crush cats versus an Ody crush, I could open the box that proved Ody Crush rec to Full Moon.

That sounds just about right, Ivy.
Both eyes need to be tested against Ody Cognac Moon for final placement, which means that they also must be tested against each other. I'll put Thea back on the platform tomorrow.

Tad nailed it!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)