Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Twilight eyes recessiveness
06-17-2016, 08:49 PM
RE: Twilight eyes recessiveness
I agree Ivy. Full Moon getting placed shifted a lot of things. I didn't catch that Full Moon effected Twilight since the effect was on Crystal Crush which in turn effected Twilight. I had like 5 dominance projects go out the window because I noticed belatedly some recent proofs also effected them.

(06-17-2016 09:11 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Seems like things are coming together very quickly. And that I don't need to be running Twilight versus Gerb purple... time to reassign more cats. It gets confusing and I think I somehow missed this thread when I was opening my twilight box.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2016, 01:16 PM
That would be so cool HappyDaize. Twilight only needs to be proven against Bronze to be placed. It is really close.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-08-2016, 03:34 PM
re-posting, as I had accidentally deleted...

Currently have a kittycorn/starter cat who carries British Shorthair C&W fur and Twilight eye, paired with an Aussie Dark Chocolate with Bronze eye. They have produced a Brit SH C&W with Twilight eye. The Test kitten is now paired with a Tonk Blue Mink /Dry Olive eyed mate to determine his hidden fur and eye.

I will update with info & additional pedigrees if/when we have more constructive results.

[Image: 7n0LxH9.png]
07-11-2016, 12:45 AM
Have to renege on saying just needs to be Bronze. It looks like it is 3 eyes it needs to be be tested against
Odyssey Cognac Moon, Morning Dew, Bronze

Twilight
Saga's charts says: dominant to Canary & Crystal Berry, and recessive to Gerbera Blue & Crystal Crush
Thread: dominant to Canary & Crystal Berry, and recessive to Full Moon & Crystal Crush
Three eyes to be tested: Odyssey Cognac Moon, Morning Dew, Bronze

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-21-2016, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2016 04:19 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Twilight
Saga's charts says: dominant to Canary & Crystal Berry, and recessive to Gerbera Blue & Crystal Crush
Thread: dominant to Canary & Crystal Berry, and recessive to Full Moon & Crystal Crush
Odyssey Cognac Moon, Pewter, Morning Dew, Bronze

Right now that's what the list of eyes said, I am double checking since OCM and Pewter have been placed to see if anything got knocked out

12/19 post
dom to Crystal Berry
12/27 post
dom to Canary
1/8 post
rec to Crystal Crush
7/8 post
dom to Bronze maybe but needs baby's hid

because rec to Crystal Crush, Crystal Crush info
Crystal Crush
Saga's charts says: dominant to Pewter, Twilight, Crystal Berry & Bronze and recessive to Full Moon
Thread: 7/9/16 Reven found proof Crystal Crush is dominant to Bronze. Down to 2 eyes! 7/11/16 Pewter placed. Down to 1 eye!
Odyssey Cognac Moon for placement

dom to Canary/Crystal Berry until Bronze is confirmed
recessive to Crystal Crush. Crystal Crush is either in front of or behind Odyssey Cognac Moon. So for now can say rec to Full Moon for sure

Twilight is between Full Moon/Crystal Crush and Canary/Crystal Berry (darn nothing changed but I feel less confused) But with Pewter placed, have to add an eye to be tested against
Odyssey Cognac Moon, Pewter, Morning Dew, Bronze

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-21-2016, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2016 12:29 PM by HappyDaize Resident.)
My first Twilight x Bronze eyed test kitten hid Dry Olive. I have a second Twilight eyed sib paired now, to see what that one hides... and the parents still paired also. So it's an ongoing waiting game here.

Updated to say since Bronze is now knocked off the list for testing, that Twilight female will be paired with a dif eye for testing. Looks like placement is close now. Wink
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Ivy Norsk
07-24-2016, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2016 07:21 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
My test against Morning Dew came back successful. Twilight is dominant to Morning Dew.

Mom has Twilight
Dad has Fancie Teal Diamond
Baby has Morning Dew, proving Twilight is dominant to Morning dew

[Image: 8d92f222cae03ede9c54f2e967366efb.png]

This is Tait's second box, first one failed.

I think this knocks out both Morning Dew and Bronze leaving just Odyssey Cognac Moon and Pewter to be tested against Twilight. Confirmation?

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Ivy Norsk
07-25-2016, 06:52 AM
Ryaaz is proven to hide ody rainbow with this, since it's way back in his pedigree
https://gyazo.com/710ae2817154d5dd7db1e55c0085d9af

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
07-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Cee and I paired her Pewter eyed female with my Kittycorn who hides Twilight and just got a Twilight eyed kitten. She's unpacked and at Saga. I'll pair her with a recessive eye to see if she hides Pewter under the Twilight shown or not.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
07-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Congrats HappyDaize on the new baby! Looking forward to finding out the hid!

Congrats on your new baby, Dreampoetz and finding out the hid on Riyaaz!

If you're trying to find the dominance on Twilight, there are only two eyes left to test Twilight against: Odyssey Cognac Moon and Pewter. All the other established eyes have been proven dominant or recessive. Everyone at the Saga Project Space has been doing a great job on narrowing the recessiveness of Twilight down to OCM and Pewter!

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)