Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

TWINS?!
01-17-2015, 10:34 AM
TWINS?!
Hi all, my cats just had twins, and i've never seen this before, was wondering if any one had any info on it? some questions i have;
if i breed them am i more likely to get twins again?
are they attached to each other if i birth them?
how much are they worth if i sell them?
how likely is it for twins to appear?

there stats;

? ? New Born Kittens

Non Identical Twin:

Fur: Chateau Cat - Black & White No. 2
Eyes: Genesis Water (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Plush)
Size: Normal

Fur: Genesis - Domino III
Eyes: Odyssey Splash (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Guitar)
Size: Normal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2015, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 10:57 AM by Ivy Norsk.)
RE: TWINS?!
Congratulations on your twins!
They are a fun surprise.

I think the answers to your questions are: breeding them again is Not more likely to lead to more twins. I mean, twins aren't even like the sizes which run at around 2% or 1% of all boxes. Twins are much more rare. In 16 months of breeding I've gotten 2 sets.

Once you unbox them they are just regular kitties. Kayleigh MacMillan, I know, has asked that there be some permanent way to mark that a kitten was a twin. So far it's just dressing them in matching collars or hats or teeshirts. (I got the WorldCup teeshirts for 2 of mine). Consequent to that, I don't know that they actually sell for any higher than a regular cat. They kind of are just regular cats. I think it's just meant to be fun. Perhaps someone else can chime in on the thread if they've sold a set of twins for higher than normal. People tend to not unbox them I think, and you'll see them displayed in shops in boxes, because once they're born you just can't tell.

As for frequency, I don't think we know. We might compare it to the appearance of gems. I know that in 16 months of breeding I've gotten 2 sets of twins. Now that's not really the right way of looking at it. One should count out of how many boxes bred rather than in months, but I don't know how many boxes I've bred. Perhaps others can chime in on how often with more precision.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: BellaDonna Starflare
03-18-2015, 05:02 AM
RE: TWINS?!
no ifo but congratulations :-)

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)