Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Is pocelain shade retired?
01-14-2015, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015 06:19 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Is pocelain shade retired?
I hear people talking about blush shade being retired as it was on a special edition kitty.

I saw porcelain was on the Lazy Dayzies for spring 2011 and there was this sentence on the Kittycats collectible page "The new traits are not in our normal starter packs and may never be."

Does that Porcelain was never in the normal starters?

And I might as well as check on the others
on KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?, google spreadsheet
http://kittycats.biz/forum/newthread.php?fid=5

They show these 2 shades as coming from a special
Twinkle --- Valentine 2012 Love Leopard Ambrosias --- * Guaranteed passable trait from Ambrosia kitties only

Flash --- Winter 2012 ---- Potential passable trait from Winter 2012 kitties only

So are Porcelain, Twinkle, Flash and Blush all retired? Or any of them still available in the starter kits?

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: BessTudor Resident
01-14-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Is pocelain shade retired?
My understanding is that porcelain, twinkle, flash, and blush were only ever in the starters of those LE collections that you mention, and thus, yes, are retired.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
01-14-2015, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015 06:45 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Thanks Ivy for the info. I have a Burmese Blue I'm putting up for auction and every trait on him is retired except for whisker color but wasn't sure about the shade. It's great to find out a little bit more about shades as there is not that much info on them . (I should have noticed that they were colored purple/ret on saga's chart but didn't see it until after your answer.)

And I am assuming all whisker colors are available as I think I've gotten every one out of my starters.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
01-14-2015, 08:29 PM
There could be a lot more whisker colors. I think that's a place where HQ could easily expand a lot (they've 15 whisker shapes by now). And yet, I understand why (speculating) that may not have happened: it's only in the past year that latte has gotten a real spread on the grid, blonde has been a novelty item, chocolate never spread before people jumped on the dark chocolate bandwagon going for that more recessive placement. People were doing white myst white myst for so long, just to get the 9T score. I still see stores that are filled with cats that are ALL of THEM white myst. (The 9T score is less and less meaningful as a sign of a well-bred cat.) I think that this year 2015 will be the year of the whisker color. I think white is a fine color - a great color - for Some Furs. With more whisker colors, some people will always gun for the most recessive, but more people will start to specialize, I think, picking their favs.

01-14-2015, 10:58 PM
I agree with you about the 9T. mysterious, small, mysterious, mysterious, white mysterious is fine but not on everything. I would rather take a curious, big, fussy, rounded fold, chocolate, fussy and who cares if it is 6T or 7T (depending on shade). Some shades blow out the white furs and you can't take a photo of the cat in SL (I am partial to taking photos).

The other thing that bothers me is how everyone wants mysterious, small. doesn't make sense to me. In Anime, different pupils designate different emotions or qualities. Big, curious pupils would mean someone who was young and innocent -- usually the good girl in the show. A small pupil is often someone who is older or evil or angry. and in RL, different pupils on cats are different moods. Of course it is opposite for my cat. Small pupils is relaxed and big round pupils means she is stalking something, LOL. Still we lose 3 different types of expressive eyes when we're stuck on Mysterious, Small.

It's a little weird to me of people wanting to put things in a box like 9T (and not looking at the actual trait). Or saying Tiger Trifecta and dismissing a cat that only has a Tiger tail but not Jade eyes or Wild Tiger ears. Do you like a Tiger curl tail in different combo of ears and eye? I'd say be a little expressive and creative in the breeding.

(Although I do admit while I love Genesis Coco IV with its little heart, you won't catch me breeding for it because its so hard to get genesis out due to how dominant it is. Sighs. I love Genesis water too but prefer Royal Sapphire because both are great shades of blue. However Royal Sapphire is easier to change if I decide I want a different color eye on the kitty)

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
01-15-2015, 08:24 AM
Kayla Wrote:Or saying Tiger Trifecta and dismissing a cat that only has a Tiger tail but not Jade eyes or Wild Tiger ears. Do you like a Tiger curl tail in different combo of ears and eye? I'd say be a little expressive and creative in the breeding.

One of the best combinations I've seen may be the Egyptian Cat which is Foxie ears with a Tiger Curl tail. Somebody once brought one to an auction:
Russian black fur,
Platinum eye (though I think other eyes would work as well),
Flair shade (which really is the best for Black and Blue Russians imo)
Tail: Tiger Curl
Ear: Foxie
and I forget the whiskers.
But it was so elegant and even though it was a cat with no particularly new traits, the crowd went wild and it sold for a high price. Because it basically looked like this:
[Image: bast-black-gold-YT-5392.jpg]

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
01-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Wow! That sounds really awesome. I wish I could have been there. (When you said other eyes, I looked at the statue and thought, Oh, 18-k gold eyes)

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
01-18-2015, 08:39 AM
(Note: Started talking about this thread on another so bringing my reply here for less confusion)

Quoting Ivy "Re: breeding thread. Thank you. I love to chat about cats. But I know that there are many many people here with more expertise and experience here on the board than I. Many of them are busy and just don't post.
I think the latest specific thread about porcelain shade not many people are clicking because they don't need to read about porcelain shade. I've been thinking of starting a new thread about "Classic" cats and throwing that Egyptian cat post into that."

I know but it does have 70 clicks so I think it helped people. I doubt people would add to it because your answer was good and gives all the info necessary.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)