Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

A Christmas shopping thought
12-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Tongue A Christmas shopping thought
So after a grueling day of rl last minute Christmas shopping my last purchase of the day was the icing on the cake, we have all been here at one time or another, I had to share this.

One more support ticket

To all of you, owners, fellow breeders and colleagues and cat lovers everywhere in any life, Merry Christmas to you all and here's to a better 2015 Big Grin

http://truekittens.wordpress.com
http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/147491
http://twitter.com/TrueKittens
So many cats, so little time......
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident
12-21-2014, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 08:04 PM by Vrem Vaniva.)
RE: A Christmas shopping thought
gaaahhhh!
Imagine! SL thinks you are so very careful about allowing items to get into your inventory. You say, "No, I really can't possibly accept that item I just paid 3K lindens for ... I must, in conscience, decline it." Right! Why do we even have the option to decline something that we have just bought?

Sometimes when I go to the KC shop i turn on "auto-accept inventory items offered," like at times when they are offering a free special kitten and you only get one crack at it, or where there is a lot of traffic, or for the advent calendar. I did auto-accept a few times after accidentally declining a purchased item.

Vendors can work different ways ("You Paid XYZ X number of Lindens for product X" and it goes right into inventoriy, or "XYZ is offering you Product X. Accept?") It's a difference betwee vendors saying "Buy" and vendors saying "Pay." The "Buy" vendors are a lot simpler. The "Pay" vendors are scripted, and enable the sellers to gather a lot more information and do more with the transaction. But the pay-vendors are the screwup vendors. Not much can be done about it.

Luckily for us, KittyCats has absolutely superb!! customer support. We are safe from harm Smile Kitties stay happy Smile So ... my sympathies! after all that shoppin', getting "malled" at the mall, now this. Here, have a hot cocoa and some soft music ... Smile
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident
12-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Merry Christmas to you too!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-22-2014, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2014 02:05 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
Something that may be useful to those who use certain viewers: Firestorm and Singularity viewers (and maybe others, but alas not SL Viewer) allow you to turn off group notices for each of your groups. The notices still appear in the notice archive so you can review them, but you don't get an announcement every time there's a new one. This is particularly nice if you're a member of a group that is very active with notices.

To turn off a group's notices, open the group's Info window and in the General tab uncheck "Receive group notices".
12-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. That has happened to me too. I went to click the "OK" button from message telling me that I had paid this person X amount of lindens. Just as I was about to click it, the "accept or decline" notice popped up and of course the "decline" option is placed where the "OK" button from the message is. So now I try to be more patient and wait for all the messages to pop up. LOL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)