Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

What News?
12-10-2014, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 12:34 PM by Deer Thistle.)
RE: What News?
jwenting Resident I think the point is that those who don't lurk in-world as much should still have access to KittyCatS information like anyone else just the same. This is a quality of life issue, it's to support all SLifestyles, whether you're someone who is actively participating in SL many hours a day thus would benefit from a group notice. Or perhaps you're someone who logs in only when given a reason to due to RL (Hi!), these individuals benefit most from forum news, beyond those who have come to expect the forum as a news source in general.

There's no harm done in informing all parties and it's really no big deal to do IMO, the devs frequent the forum anyway as seen here. Smile No one has stated that there should be forum news OR group notice news, it has been both since I joined in 2011 - heck, we have the KittyCatS blog cover the same topics as the forum, which is awesome. Ideally all types of community members should be able to get news of all sorts. What's the harm in continuing to inform the community on all KittyCatS-related platforms?

You are assuming that only because people such as myself don't frequent in-world as much, KittyCatS-related events/news wouldn't benefit us and that's incorrect in several ways, we're active participants and customers like you. This even applies to people who are in-world quite a bit: A) SL tends to eat group notices as mentioned by users with this issue above, B) Group notices are easily overlooked due to the mass spam of group notices received from other groups as well, and C) Some KittyCatS hobbyists can't login as much therefore may participate in KittyCatS just as often but on the cattery and can't go in-world unless they plan ahead to balance their schedule - I fall into group C, therefore I don't see notices. As seen in this thread, I'm not alone, so that's several customers who are not "in the know" if a forum post is overlooked for an announcement. And you're right, you can never reach everyone but might as well utilize any popular routes, and again what's the harm? Many have come to rely on the forum as a source of news as this is a platform KittyCatS has used to post events from day one, at least since I joined.

In an ideal world, important news and events of any sort would go - and have gone - to both those who rely on group notices and those who rely on the forum news/blog posts to reach all customers and community members. And thank you KittyCatS for posting news on the site and in group in the first place, it's very very helpful as I find myself in this predicament of being unable to sign in-world often but strive to partake in KittyCatS when I can. Heart

Kayleigh McMillan This is such a good idea about posting hints! I totally want to upload the blurry, enticing hints to the forum for those of us who can't join in the fun group chat speculation. I bet our forum speculation would be amazing LOL If only I was in-world enough to check notices as well to effectively do this >.<

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Cygnoir Blanc , Priestess Firanelli
12-10-2014, 06:13 PM
It seems to me that when Kittycats puts out a notice in Kittycats SL group notices, the notice can be copied and pasted into the Kittycats News section without lost of much time. Should take less than a minute. Even on a slow day, 2 minutes tops.

If the cost in time is that Kittycats staff feel obligated to reply to comments, turn off comments in the "Mews News" section only and put up a note at the top of that section, "comments welcome but please post any comments on news in the general discussion section." Or something to that effect.

Here is the advantage timewise for Kittycats. Even if you put up multiple group notices on the same thing, you only have to put up 1 note on the Forum because it stays up.

It should not be an either/or situation. Either group notice or a forum notice. Both should be good. Because Kittycats has a cattery which makes it much better than a lot of other breedables, people can take care of their kittycats out of SL. It also allows for more cats. Which increased Kittycats profit margin due to need to buy food. It is a good business decision to service those people as well as the people who have the space to keep their cat out of the cattery in SL. The forum tends to cater to those people as well as to the newbies.

The email suggestion is unnecessary. It takes too much time to constantly collect and add and update email address lists (especially when emails get returned, it creates a need for action which takes time.)

-----

The other thing is that "we the people" can also take control and post interesting news about Kittycats as we find it in the General discussion section. We can create a convention like starting every News thread in the Gen Disc section with "News: Kittycats put in group notices that ....." or "News: Kittycats in Toys for Tots". It may create some misinformation as people may not just copy group notices but also anything else they notice. Example, may say Kittycats is in Breedables Fair when actually it is the Adorable Sim, I think. But if that happens, other people will be happy to correct them.

---
any that is i my $L2 worth.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Ivy Norsk , Cygnoir Blanc , Priestess Firanelli
12-10-2014, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 07:24 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(12-10-2014 12:29 PM)Deer Thistle Wrote:  ...

Kayleigh McMillan This is such a good idea about posting hints! I totally want to upload the blurry, enticing hints to the forum for those of us who can't join in the fun group chat speculation. I bet our forum speculation would be amazing LOL If only I was in-world enough to check notices as well to effectively do this >.<

OMG! I've fun already about the hilarious forum speculations this will give!Tongue
We want the same fun KittyCatS! but sometimes we need to work and give RL some attention as well as much as we may want to be in chat day in and day out.

P.s. If people who are maintaining a RL are left out from some priveleges I seriously wonder why I would pay my KittyCatS! fees (food, milk, vita's) don't we pay for the same entertainment and eventual warnings as everybody else.
I thought we were one club with different mews sources but it seems people are not treated equaly.

*Wink* *Wink* most of us have mobile devices which allows us to take part on the forums without the boss knowing that Dodgy
To know via the forums what event to look forward to would be really cool otherwise we are so detached and left out.

(12-10-2014 12:02 PM)jwenting Resident Wrote:  correct. And the only risk was to people buying a few highly specific cats (mega scarecrows mostly) on the secondary market.
For that you have to be in world, and if you were in world you got the notice.

Of course someone who's neither on the forums NOR in the group won't ever get a notice, and neither will potential first time buyers.
Can't reach everyone...

Mega's are for sale on MP as well we can obtain there and login at night to find a malicious kitty in our marketplace purchases folder.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)