Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Would it be rude
11-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Would it be rude
To ask some specific questions about breeding and traits...I'm stuck again & I am trying to figure this out before i ask you all again...If anybody else has any more resources for me that'd be great. I've read almost everything twice & still not understanding dominant traits and hidden traits, and how a parents traits will play into an os and it's traits...all kitties have one dom trait and one hidden...ugh idk
I don't wanna keep running to the forums and kitty cats chat is more for customer service then my dilemma with breeding. ahhhhhh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: Would it be rude
http://kittycatsaddicts.com/wiki/Breeding_Basics
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2014, 04:55 AM
HI Brittanybelike,
If Tad's musty dry ole dusty wiki article does not help, you can contact me inworld and I will share what I know - but I may have to refer to said article or it's editor a few times. It's hard to remember all the ins and outs at first and sometimes I still forget when "oldtimers" kicks in. But please don't be afraid to ask for help.
 Thanks given by: brittanybelike Resident
12-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Thank you tad...I've read that one as well ..but it's good to have it handy & Charmayne...I'm going to contact you when i get inworld...Ty much <3
12-01-2014, 01:02 PM
http://gyazo.com/78fad46af26e9c2eaa3300a346adc666

Both of this kittens parents eyes are dominant to what the kitten has but one of the grandparents has this eye...
Why would the kitten get it when the eye isn't very strong in this pedigree and mom and dad have midnight sky and rainbow prism...midnight being the most dominant
12-01-2014, 01:22 PM
There is no 'strong' or 'weak' history. There 'is' or 'is not'

Each cat has two trait values. Flip a coin: heads its the value you see, tails its the other value.

That is ALL there is to it.

In your case Burst Latte and Double Choco each flipped a coin. Burst Latte threw Tails and passed Rainbow Prism. And Double Choco threw Heads and passed Ody Rainbow. Rainbow Prism is more dominant, so the offspring, Tiny, shows Rainbow Prism and hides Ody Rainbow.

Jet received Midnight Sky (Tails) from Patch Flair and Ody Bellini or something more recessive (don't know: heads or tails) from Latte Sassy

Tiny and Jet each threw Tails. So Kitten received Ody Rainbow from Tiny, and Ody Bellini (or something more recessive) from Jet.

Ody Rainbow is dominant to Ody Bellini, so Kitten shows Ody Rainbow.

YES, it REALY IS that simple. There is NO 'history'. Each cat has two, and passes one based upon a coin toss. That's it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , Eurydice Barzane , brittanybelike Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)