Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Sharing My Thoughts on KittyCatS! Features
10-20-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 05:45 AM by Ayaami Resident.)
Heart Sharing My Thoughts on KittyCatS! Features
Just wanted to share my thoughts considering that is what this section is for...

More often than not (lately), I see people writing their suggestions for traits, market improvements, etc in the Feedback Corner and KittyCatS! Chat - General Discussions Forums. I often read that there is a notion however big or small that KittyCatS! doesn't care about the community's suggestions...

I, like many others would like to believe that the seeming disregard of the community's suggestions for KittyCatS! is simply not the case...I would ask that if any improvements are being made, post them in them in the Mewspaper and/or News Tab to let the community know that changes are in the works as it may help to ease tension a bit.

Also please consider adding the word suggestions somewhere in this forum and please make a Bengal - Creme Heart

Thanks,
Ayaami

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Jania Cleanslate , Kayleigh McMillan , Deerne Resident , Ryanna Enfield
10-21-2014, 06:39 AM
RE: Sharing My Thoughts on KittyCatS! Features
Off the top of my head I'd say that the Aby Dark Chocolate was a requested fur somewhere in this forum and we're breeding them now.

There's been a lot of contention in the marketplace community lately. I think it's important to distinguish very strictly between the spheres of KittyCats and the Secondary Market. KittyCatS has said that they will not interfere in the secondary market, and I think that's right - it's a messy kettle of fish. At the end of the day, they provide the starter cats and the catfood and that is it. Calls upon them to referee are misplaced. Yes, they can try to goose the market with new traits and they were asked to not make every new trait so recessive as it too-quickly devalued the most recessive traits. They listened and the sassy whiskers and tail were placed at a midpoint.

I, and others, have called on them to do some adjustments to the Menagerie side of things. Most easily to introduce new menagerie cats, but also to open their spreadsheets and consider adjusting the payment for a menagerie cat higher. That is their sphere of things. But it is also a brazen suggestion, since it is a direct request for them to take a slimmer profit margin. I make the suggestion for their consideration, but - at the end of the day - their profit margin is their own business. I make the suggestion and then shut up, because it's not my money.

We, in the secondary market, are responsible for managing our own tension.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Ayaami Resident , Kayleigh McMillan , Illuminatra Resident , Jania Cleanslate , Deerne Resident , Ryanna Enfield
10-21-2014, 08:09 AM
KittyCatS has been fairly consistent in letting everyone know that they consider all comments.

They wisely, however, do NOT expose what they are working on, and very wisely do NOT make delivery commitments. Even when we're all fairly certain a deliverable is immanent, such as the recent Special Collection, while they do offer 'sneak peeks' and 'hints' they do not set hard delivery dates and do not commit to the features in the deliverable.

This is as it should be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Illuminatra Resident , Ivy Norsk , Ryanna Enfield , Deerne Resident
10-21-2014, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 11:25 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I'd like to add to this some points of improvment KittyCatS! as a business has made for us which are priceless to me!

- Gender on display: there was a time we needed to actually unpack a kitten to know the gender and if it was the wrong one it was up to us to feed, menagerie or sell it the last point couldn't be done if it were project kitties we cried for help at this point.
- Break Free: Too many mistakes were made which led us to buy the 200L Break-Up potion if we made such oopsy.
- Repacker: If we change our mind or a kitty goes for a no sale on an auction we can just put it back in the box and no value is lost nor do we have to feed it anymore that helps a lot in market down times.
- Menagerie Bottle: Oh gosh our oopsy's were drama's seriously valuable breeders, by accident to the menagerie without a chance to get it back on that one we cried wolves to KC and they listened.
- All time Menagerie Bottle: We could retreive up to 3 cats we really missed a lot which we brought to menagerie out of being new and regretted that much later for me personally I am eternally greatful they did that (secretly I hope they will allow us to retreive one all time kitty on their birthday's *wink* *wink* KC Smile )
- Lower prim mode kitties and the totally unexpected Online Cattery: there were times we actually had to mandatory pay land fees for the prims the cats take to breed them, that makes such remarkable difference in how much we need to spend.
- Shorter unpack time: While initially unpacking took 30 minutes, we had not option to do it instantly in the Online Cattery either, they changed this to 15 minutes on the community's request to make that shorter because we felt it was só long! :-)

I am old I think but if I go back in history so so so much has been changed due to requests of our community that I am almost certain I forgot things in this summery and I'm definately postive KittyCatS! listens at all times but maybe not instantly and perhaps not always how we want or mainly how fast we want it.
But even though they state they do not take part in the secondary market they sure developed things that makes our breeding and dealing so much easier.

Edit I just knew I forgot something ...
The instant pedigree link omg!
There was a time we had to setup a pedigree script by each kitty & box for the customer's ability to check our kitties; till the grandparent that was, no futher.
And ofcourse we so frequently forgot to set the pedigreegiver out or change the ID when we placed a new kitty besides that it took an extra prim on our market venue.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Ayaami Resident , Illuminatra Resident , Jania Cleanslate , Ivy Norsk , Dimpz Morane , Deerne Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Deer Thistle , Vrem Vaniva
10-21-2014, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 10:58 AM by Jania Cleanslate.)
I agree, I am sure Kitty cats HAS made ALOT of improvements and I appreciate all the convenience Kitty cats has given to us. I am thankful that all of the older breeders can look back and remember when KC was in beta mode.. memories I surely don't have.

** EDITED BECAUSE .................I was a Bad kitten! So Sorry Tad If I personally made you feel anyway.. I noticed I been getting terrible boxes.. Kitty Karma for sure Hugs all around!*******

Designer Kitties! Recessive Kitties.. Kitty Korner! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Monet/216/160/22
 Thanks given by: Ayaami Resident , TerrorMisu Resident , Winter Phoenix
10-21-2014, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 09:47 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(10-21-2014 12:44 PM)Jania Cleanslate Wrote:  I agree, I am sure Kitty cats HAS made ALOT of improvements and I appreciate all the convenience Kitty cats has given to us. I am thankful that all of the older breeders can look back and remember when KC was in beta mode.. memories I surely don't have.
But on the other hand as someone here mentioned... not sure whom.... but.. KC is a business, and had they not made those changes.. where would KittyCats be?
It seem so hard to voice your opinion openly in the forum because so many ppl as well as I do love KC, I love everyone even those who get on my nerves. but Some of us become very over protective of KC and make every attempt to voice an opinion savage and make a person on the defense.. I posted in a form whiles back and was told repeatedly that we all should be respectful. and I agree but there are ppl in this forum who are allowed to bully and say such things in harsh tones and nothing is said.. ...

Edited to not hurt any feelings and my sincere apologies to Tad and Charmayne Heart

I totally agree with you: breeders old or new have just as much rights to voice their concerns and as paying customers absolutely experience having KittyCats how they want without limitations Smile
We older breeders should just never forget how it was to be new, discovering and wondering.
Noone should feel entitled to ruin that experience for anybody.

*Grandma leaves her soapbox Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Deerne Resident , Ayaami Resident , TerrorMisu Resident , Charmayne Brentley
10-23-2014, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 03:09 PM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
We have said this before, however it seems it bears repeating.

We are going to make the request that people speak to each other with respect. Please leave out judgments about people and what you think of them. If you want to comment on ideas, please do, and please keep it to ideas and not "about people".

Our forum is a place to discuss ideas, opinions and to do it in as kind a way as possible. We can disagree - that's fine and normal. We just ask that everyone abide by our guidelines of keeping posts respectful.

If you have an issue with someone, please work those things out privately.

So to recap:
  • Discussing ideas and thoughts are FINE.
  • Judging people, name calling, and anything rude is not ok.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Deerne Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)