Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggested Rules for auctions
10-18-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Suggested Rules for auctions
In response to points 1 thru 5:

These points might create animosity rather than showing care for eachother. It will only achieve stress among auctioneers as well as patrons. People should not be told how, when or where to hold or attend auctions. Everyone has the right to pick and chose the times and auctions they would like to attend. Making all auctions an hour long will create an overflow of auctions and the inevitability of auctioneers having to rush through panels to make the time. Our patrons deserve the care and the time we give to do our best to sell their kitties. While we speak about the cat and explain why it is a good purchase, the patron is making his or her own considerations about whether or not to purchase the kitty - and it is more than likely that this time will generate bids. Stressing over time limits will create tension on the auctioneer and that will result in more unhappy patrons than otherwise.

Imposing rules on people is not the way to create harmony among everyone. We need to respect everyone's Second Life and their KittyCatS hobbie or business. We are all adults and we should behave as such, keeping in mind that our rights end where someone elses begin.

Therefor I will not rush my patrons, nor will I be constricted to an hour. KittyCats is suppose to be fun not enslaved where we are
reminded about the time every second.

Points 6 and 7:

I find it convenient and not confusing as we have access to see everything available related to KittyCatS, such as classes, clubs, races and we are able to plan our daily activities much easier.

Point 8:

Auction times belongs to the auctioneer. This is so because we have real lives and we need to adjust our Second Life times according to real life, not the other way around. As an auctioneer, I have always been considerate of other auctioneers times, which should be, in the end, what the auctioneer should do on their own, as a courtesy, rather than be told to do so.

Point 9:

If an auctioneer owns the time, then he/she should contact the other person for the update. A sim owner has many things to do and worry about. The way an auctioneer can best help the sim owner is by taking care of their own auctions.

Point 10: This is completely up to the auctioneer and the auction house.

Point 11:

Every individual who is an auctioneer represents the sim they work for, however, they are also breeders, individuals, and as such not everything they do should reflect on the auction house they work for. It simply represent our personal choice on how to conduct our personal KittyCats! business or hobbie. No one can or should tell anyone how to conduct their business.

Point 12:

An auctioneer should always follow an exemplary conduct in the way they handle everything around them, on the other hand, no one should tolerate abuse or belittlement in any way shape or form. As I mentioned before, treat one another with the same respect you wish to be treated. I for one like to treat everyone the same, Happy, Friendly, Drama Free Environment.

Point 13:

My personal auction time is mine. New auctioneers that have overridden established auctions have been, for the most part, the ones cause the conflicts you are speaking of. Had they respected the times that were established prior to their joining the auction calendar, much of this could have been avoided.

Point 14: I support other auctions and I have also promoted other auctions at other sims during my auctions. I agree and support the Co.Op in helping eachother rather that working against one another. Isn't that what a community is all about? I did want to add that people that run over someone elses established time is usually frowned upon.

Point 16:

My time is my own. It should not be removed unless I quit or chose to change my time.

Point 17:

When someone owns a sim and pays for it, then they can chose to offer tools to their customers as they see fit.

I am sure that all auctioneers do their best to try to sell a kitty, and it is natural to get sidetracked while doing so. Sometimes we have fun, make jokes and have a good time while we are at it. Auctions should always be fun! Never regulated! Time restrictions is a terrible idea and personally I do not think that this will ever take off. On the other hand, each Market owner is free to do in their own sim whatever they see fit that might work best for them. That does not mean that everyone else have to do the same.

Angel Nika...KittyCatS is more than an Addiction, its an Obsession!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Nocshadue Balbozar , Revan Salamander , Beloved Ruby , LickN Wonder , Karizmah Avro , Illuminatra Resident , fabioazevedo Oh , Ryanna Enfield , Vrem Vaniva , Aubreygrace Starlight , LyricaBlues Resident
10-20-2014, 09:47 AM
RE: Suggested Rules for auctions
I would like to thank Veronitka for having the time and inclination to respond to the points.

Happy for your contribution.

Looks like we're getting to see the behavior and the way of acting of the majority. and thus following the best path.

Again, I thank all who contributed, even a "Thanks" in some response to Express common that this idea is pleasant.

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: LyricaBlues Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)