Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggested Rules for auctions
10-15-2014, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 10:14 AM by fabioazevedo Oh.)

We all know that the market grew, and the number of auctions has increased. So the 'old politics' should be adapted to the new market which we are living. So, here is a list of suggestions, to be analyzed.

Just sad to see, auctioneers, fighting, and fighting islands, for this reason. Thus, a proposal to start all over again, and try to create a policy of good neighborliness.

1 - All auctions shall be only 1 hour, showing that we all care for each other.

2 - Auctions starting in hours as 10:30 am, 11:30 am, must be moved to full hours. 10am, 11am

3 - The auction begins at 10am, 10:59 am should close down, therefore respect auction 11am. So with the other schedules.

4 - Star highlighted, for the auction, have a great time at the same place / time / auctioneer. Thus the combination of a) Auctioneer, b) island, and c) time, should be kept for a long period, for an auction to win a highlighted star. If there is change of auctioneer, place, or time, this auction loses the star.

5 - Bonus for over 15 minutes for auctions that have star. Then the auction could go from 10am until, 11:14 am. Even overlapping the auction 11am. The auction 11am, continues at the same time, 11am until, 11:59 am.

6 - Remove other types of events worksheet auction house such as Café, Club Class.

7 - Create a new spreadsheet with events (Coffee Club, Class, race, photo, fighters).

8 - The auction / time
a) belongs to the auctioneer?
b) belongs to the island?

9 - If the time of the auction, the island belongs, then only owners of islands, or managers, should request updates on spreadsheets, not allowing auctioneers to request updates, spreadsheet?

10 - If the time of the auction, the auctioneer belongs then auction with auctioneers rotation, should be removed?

11 - The auctioneer:
a) is an individual person who does what he wants?
b) the Auctioneer is an official of the island?

12 - The auctioneer shall follow the policy of 'good conduct' of the island, and be kind to all visitors to the island?

13 - When an auctioneer is fired, this 'time':
a) must be made available as free time in spreadsheet?
b) the island has rights to put a new auctioneer, at the same time?
c) The auctioneer can take this time to another island?

14 - The island has rights to tell the auctioneer that he can not do, auctions, on other islands?

15 - Auction / Auctioneer / Owner of the island, to be notified when your auctions, beyond the time limit allowed, and overlaps the next auction?

16 - If an auction does not happen for 2 or 3 weeks, this auction can be excluded from the auction spreadsheet, and, this time, be available to another auctioneer?

editing:

Missed a question

17 - We must create a limit number of auctions per island? How many auctions can have an island? If the island pass the limit, the island should remove some auctions?

I tried to create a policy of good neighborliness. Not everyone will agree, but follows the idea, and if the majority agree, we can change the rules of the auction spreadsheet. The owners of the islands can apply these suggestions in their island.

I would like to know the opnion of you.

This way, you can agree and disagree with each item here, and add other ideas.

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: LyricaBlues Resident , BestKittenFriend Resident
10-15-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: Suggested Rules for auctions
Wow epic list of do's and dont's I am happy I am no auctioneer or market owner! :-P

Happy owner, happy cat. Indifferent owner, reclusive cat. - Chinese Proverb
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , fabioazevedo Oh , Brunabug Nightfire , Ryanna Enfield , Ivy Norsk
10-15-2014, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 11:12 AM by LyricaBlues Resident.)
Hello! These points are all valid concerns I hear from buyers/sellers/auctioneers and sim owners and are a concern to me. I would like to reply to each individually where i have a clear opinion on.

(10-15-2014 09:26 AM)fabioazevedo Oh Wrote:  1 - All auctions shall be only 1 hour, showing that we all care for each other.
2 - Auctions starting in hours as 10:30 am, 11:30 am, must be moved to full hours. 10am, 11am
3 - The auction begins at 10am, 10:59 am should close down, therefore respect auction 11am. So with the other schedules.

I agree with this, but would also include that starting to send mass tp sooner than about 5 min before our auctions should not be done because it is disruptive and inconsiderate to start calling people away from other's auctions. Rule of thumb: Dont Do What You Dont Want Done to You. Do not send out mass tp, or IM patrons at auctions to lure them away or offer "free panels" at one's own or a friend's auction..sadly, that happens too often.

RE: the start times, I used to feel that way too...but now I consider that this creates a little gap of time (30 min) for buyers and sellers to take a break instead of running from one auction directly to the other. It is less stressful.

Quote:4 - Star highlighted, for the auction, have a great time at the same place / time / auctioneer. Thus the combination of a) Auctioneer, b) island, and c) time, should be kept for a long period, for an auction to win a highlighted star. If there is change of auctioneer, place, or time, this auction loses the star.

5 - Bonus for over 15 minutes for auctions that have star. Then the auction could go from 10am until, 11:14 am. Even overlapping the auction 11am. The auction 11am, continues at the same time, 11am until, 11:59 am.

This could be hard if we are to take part of a True Co operative where auctioneers may be shared or do a few auctions at other places to "help out". The bonus idea would be to intentionally, for any reason, step on another's time..I dont think thats wise and creates too much opportunity for manipulating the results (multiple avatars and "clicks" can influence who gets these bonus opportunities to step on other's auction times for example). Mutual respect and fair play should have no exceptions, in my opinion.

Quote:6 - Remove other types of events worksheet auction house such as Café, Club Class.
Why? One spreadsheet to show All events is alot easier for patrons to see at a glance what their options are. When something special is going on, many of us promote it in the appropriate Forum Topic.

Quote:8 - The auction / time

The slot belongs to the person who secured it. If i come to your island, with my own schedule, or if I secure it while in your employe, it goes with me. I will have been the one who went to the trouble of going through the schedule to find an opening that did not conflict, and I will have been the one to put it on the sheet...However, I would hope that in the interest of cooperation, we would be open to negotiating and showing flexibility when trading or compromising. Just like I did when i was managing Pixel Paws...I left behind the slots I had secured myself in the interest of cooperation and fairness. Those slots were given to Pixel Paws to use as the owner wished.
Quote:9 - If the time of the auction, the island belongs, then only owners of islands, or managers, should request updates on spreadsheets, not allowing auctioneers to request updates, spreadsheet?
No, this would give sim owners a dangerous monopoly with too much potential for the use of slots against each other and lock out of control the ones who Actually Do the Work. Auctioneers should not be viewed as pieces in a chess game. Who secures the time should have more control over the choice to share/trade/give it.
Quote:11 - The auctioneer:

Well, again...the concern as i see it is that most of the drama and backbiting is not from sim owners as much as from auctioneers. If you make them officials, it will open up a new stew pot to cook up more problems.
Quote:12 - The auctioneer shall follow the policy of 'good conduct' of the island, and be kind to all visitors to the island?
Absolutely! Wherever your auctioneers go, they represent your sim...pure and simple. If sim owners make no effort to set a standard of behavior for their "employees", then they are missing an important potential tool for creating true harmony among the sims. The open, or convert creation or dissemination of drama should be discouraged and those found to consistently do such things whether in their main or alts, should be held accountable for the good of All KC. If an auctioneer, or Any Official of a sim sees dismissal as a possible consequence they will a) get a grip or b) get better at not getting caught LOL...but the fact is that "crazy cant hide crazy" indefinitely...and whether directly or through friends/alts the pattern becomes clear eventually.
Quote:13 - When an auctioneer is fired, this 'time':

No. If i am working at Joe's KC Sim and I quit or am fired, I may choose to auction on my own land...no one can stake a claim to what is mine any more than they can take my car because i am not driving it. To make sure that the sims have a fair chance to have their own auction times, each sim would be wise to secure their own either by negotiating or the same way auctioneers got theirs - Do The Work to get them and they will always have their own and find auctioneers suited to the sim's auction schedules

Quote:14 - The island has rights to tell the auctioneer that he can not do, auctions, on other islands?

If this is the case, if auctioneers are "owned"...where is the spirit of True Cooperation as opposed to objectifying auctioneers? No, I don't believe this exclusivity to be respectful to auctioneers as human beings any more than i feel it is fair to monopolize buyers or sellers by discouraging the Free Flow of commerce among All sims by forming "cliques"...that is sooo junior high school lol

Quote:15 - Auction / Auctioneer / Owner of the island, to be notified when your auctions, beyond the time limit allowed, and overlaps the next auction?

16 - If an auction does not happen for 2 or 3 weeks, this auction can be excluded from the auction spreadsheet, and, this time, be available to another auctioneer?
yes on both items. If the sim owner is made aware of persistent disrespect for colleagues' events by their employees, it is up to them to address it and make clear that they do not want to bring disharmony by poor representation by their employees. When it comes to related activities, the Sim's public "face" is their employees.

But at the end of the day, what all this boils down to, in my opinion, is that All We Need is a some cooperation and consideration for each other as sim owners/staff and for our patrons who are going to get burned out or feel caught in the middle sometimes. My favorite quote comes back time and again...Be The Change You Wish To See In The World (Gandhi). We will all benefit in KC...its just that simple! Play Nice! lol...See or hear drama? Dont Feed into it by listening or spreading it! Like the mythical Leviathan, that monster will just grow so big it will swallow us up!

SUN 4pm & WED 11am Poison's Paradise
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Th.../46/238/21

THURS 6pm
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sc...220/128/26

Be The Change You Wish to See in the World (Mahatma Gandhi)
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , Songdog Woolley
10-15-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm gonna do a quick first reply (got RL kids running around right now)

What if we all place a gap of 30 mins after an auction.
For example:

Starting auction;
10 AM till 11 AM
Next auction:
10.30 AM Till 11.30 AM
We all know that SOMETIMES we're having bidding wars or one special kitty or more on an auction, so even IF an auction is rolling out, it would not ask ppl to hurry over to the next auction.

I think that all of us auctioneers can say that we never went over an auction for more than 15 till 30 minutes.

Having a gap of half an hour after an auction would be great so like in actual real life you can also have the time to do a little break in between, take a sip of your coffee or just take breath for once in a while.

This could also give the opportunity of auctioneers helping out each other.
For the moment I'm limited down to one auction, and I know, sometimes it happens that an auction lasts a little longer then another.
If there would be a small gap I think that everyone would be happy and that every auctioneer could be eligible to go through all the panels without losing the crowd on exactly 2 mins before an other auction.

The KittyBox
  • Create your forum signature!
  • KittyCat$ Calculator
[Image: Script_Hyun.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh
10-15-2014, 12:00 PM
I’d like to believe that people are well meaning. Having this same conversation over and over again, however well intentioned, is pointless. Calling for Kittycats auctions all over the grid to adhere to a master schedule so that they do not overlap is like trying to get dance clubs all over the grid to hold dances that do not overlap. It will never happen.

Moreover, there is no good reason for it to happen. Surely, auctions, dances, and other amusements in SL ought to be organized around the convenience of the adults who are spending their time, talents, and money (if the event requires land) to run them.

As a community, we ought to respect one other enough to allow all Kittycat owners to sell their cats as they see fit—where they choose, at the time they choose, at the price they choose. Attempts to interfere with that freedom seem to me to be officious and patronizing, as well as futile.

Again, I believe that no one means to be other than helpful. But some attempts at help are misguided. If I were to go to lunch with a group of small children, I ought to help them order, cut their meat if necessary, and help them wipe their faces. If I were to have lunch with a group of friends, no one would be pleased if I tried any to do any of those things.

We are adults here. I’d like to see us respect each other as equals and respect our ability to choose for ourselves.
 Thanks given by: Nektuu Wytchwood , Script Hyun , Kayleigh McMillan , fabioazevedo Oh , Illuminatra Resident , Ivy Norsk , Brunabug Nightfire , Mizaki Resident , Ryanna Enfield , LickN Wonder , Revan Salamander , Jania Cleanslate , TerrorMisu Resident
10-15-2014, 12:25 PM
most auctioneers work together or used too ! think we are forgetting the fun factor in kittycats , we are not all robots and a bit of competion is healthy for all business , one reason ive stopped auctioning , its to mechanical so to speak ,, us older auctioneers would IM one another if we ran over alittle which can happen sometimes a bit longer is needed to bring that crowd into the bidding ,, the fun factor !! and we would be at one anothers auctions in support regardless of what sim we worked on , somewhere along the line this was sadly lost
just my view of things Smile

.-~·*'˜¨¯`·¸ Rubes ¸·`¯¨˜'*·~-.
.-~·*'˜¨¯`·¸AUCTIONEER AT UKF ¸·`¯¨˜'*·~-.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , fabioazevedo Oh , AmoreJade Cyberstar , Brunabug Nightfire , Unicorn Blackburn
10-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Yes as Rubes is saying the fun factor! Sometimes it is hard to find it certainly with all the business talk and rules and regulations for prices and auctions :/
I don't like rules I want to have fun!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: ruby Tierbal , fabioazevedo Oh , AmoreJade Cyberstar , Ivy Norsk , Jackson Verlack , Deerne Resident , Mizaki Resident , Nocshadue Balbozar
10-15-2014, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2014 01:14 PM by xStormyx Resident.)
I think that having these as "rules" would make the auction experience a bit forced, stressful and rigid.

Most of the auctions that I attend, including my own are already mindful of the time and this is more out of concern for their patrons who need to attend other auctions or want to attend the next auction. If the auction runs over the hour it might mean that people are having fun with the auction and talking and bidding Big Grin Or maybe there are quite a few panels at that particular auction.

Of course, if market owners make these rules for the auctions at their market then that is up to them.....

Just my opinion Big Grin

[Image: n1cumv.jpg]

Stores and Auctions @

FelineS KittyCatS
United Kitty Friends
A little bit of everything
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , ruby Tierbal , fabioazevedo Oh , Ivy Norsk , Jackson Verlack , Deerne Resident , Mizaki Resident , Revan Salamander , Unicorn Blackburn
10-15-2014, 02:11 PM
In response to this .. I wanna address a few things clearly...

1 - All auctions shall be only 1 hour, showing that we all care for each other.
Not All Auctions have 10 & 2 Special Panels... Some Auctioneers like to have more panels included in their line ups to give variety and to accommodate more patrons. Which Causes Us to go Over 20-30 Minutes. Also if you count in the factors that some of us Play games, or even do things That are fun with our crowd.. This could lead to going over times.

4 - Star highlighted, for the auction, have a great time at the same place / time / auctioneer. Thus the combination of a) Auctioneer, b) island, and c) time, should be kept for a long period, for an auction to win a highlighted star. If there is change of auctioneer, place, or time, this auction loses the star.

Who is going to be in charge of this System?.. And How do we know Its being done fairly? ... In reality, We do Not ..

6 - Remove other types of events worksheet auction house such as Café, Club Class.
7 - Create a new spreadsheet with events (Coffee Club, Class, race, photo, fighters).

There's No need to change this. This works Just fine as it is! .. People open one page and see just what they want to!

8 - The auction / time
9 - If the time of the auction, the island belongs, then only owners of islands, or managers, should request updates on spreadsheets, not allowing auctioneers to request updates, spreadsheet?

Since April 2014 I have Had Times Taken from me by Sim owners claiming they OWN them on 2 different occasions. After I did the leg work to get them. So I think that If an auctioneer does the work .. Its Theirs to Keep. If the Sim owner does the work to ensure that Slot for them, Past Auctioneers or for future Auctioneers then it is The Sims. If the Sim Owner is doing the work to get those Slots then they are responsible for contacting the person for the change, Otherwise its the Auctioneers.

11 - The auctioneer:
Every Auctioneer is a person who does what they want to. I am an Official of every Sim i work at. No Auctioneer has the right to be controlled. Auctioning is for fun. I dont Auctioneer because i HAVE to, I do it Because i WANT to. I add things when i want.. I say what i want and I do what i want. and Not Once would any of my Sim owners try to tell me different because thats what makes a good Auctioneer!

12 - The auctioneer shall follow the policy of 'good conduct' of the island, and be kind to all visitors to the island?

Each Auctioneer is their Own Person. When I am Auctioning I am Vampi the Auctioneer. When I am buying kitties, I am Vampi the Customer. As for representing a Sim when not on duty, I think that should be left up to the Auctioneer. If Im tired and Ive had a long day and I go to buy a Cat, lets say at Pixel Paws, I dont want to stop and talk to 500 people along the way. I want to get my cat and leave, So if i dont wear a tag or i dont say Hello does this mean Im not representing?

13 - When an auctioneer is fired, this 'time':

Oh this is a GOOD Question! ... this has Happened to me on 2 different occasions. The times chosen were MY times.. and then when I left the Sim the Sim owner claimed those times without discussion or compromise. If the times You sought out yourself and you did the work to get them then they Should be Yours. If the times you did NOT do the work for and the Sim owner presented them to you when the job started and were used in the past, present and future then those times are the SIMS!!

14 - The island has rights to tell the auctioneer that he can not do, auctions, on other islands?

The Sim Owner has the right to provide suggestions and guidelines, but the Auctioneer is ultimately in charge of his/her Auction. If i come onto a Sim and my Rules are laid out for me and are nonnegotiable and those rules include things that I know my loyal patrons will run from I will refuse the job. It comes down to making the people happy!

15 - Auction / Auctioneer / Owner of the island, to be notified when your auctions, beyond the time limit allowed, and overlaps the next auction?

In an Ideal sl this would be great! But unfortunately this is not the world we live in, Not all Sim Owners are online. Not All Auctioneers are friendly with one another and There is No auctioneers Group to respectively reply in!

Auctioneers do go on Vacation and Sometimes there are incidents in which they cannot be online for these periods of time. If you gave away their slots because of an emergency or because they went on vacation what would you have to give them when they returned?

17 - We must create a limit number of auctions per island? How many auctions can have an island? If the island pass the limit, the island should remove some auctions?

I think that each Venue should be MORE respectful on their Auctions/events. There are some providing 13 a week.. Really?.. who needs 13 and why would you wanna take up that kind of space on the schedule when someone else could use it? ...But i also think its a fine line between where people want to go and when.

Also One Last thing Since I got your Attention! .... The KittyCats Co-Op
The KittyCats Co Op was created to provide support for ALL Sim owners/Auctioneers and to Bring business between the Sims. I look at this Auction Schedule and i see Auctioneers being promoted by the Co Op But it seems Not 1 Sim owner in the CO Op Knows about it. Nor Has the Co Op Branched out to Do what it was created to do.. How can this Be?

Heart
Vampi S
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , doubledareme Resident , Jania Cleanslate , Aubreygrace Starlight , Songdog Woolley , Jolita Korobase
10-15-2014, 03:19 PM
I do not believe that there should be a set time for auctions. People attend the auctions that they want to and stay for however long they want. Having a limit would make auctions stressful, when they are supposed to be fun and a learning experience for newbies and experienced breeders. I will admit that sometimes auctions do go on for much longer than they should/need to, but if you have other things to do... go and do them. It's nice seeing so many members of the community attend these events, but I feel like there's too much pressure on people to attend/stay. If you are a good auctioneer people will notice that. If you aren't people will notice that as well and that's when filling up your panels, etc. may/will become an issue.

Anyways... We should all let people run their markets/auctions as they see fit. A rigid/permanent structure across all markets will just make people want to do their own thing.

Happy Breeding!

-Illumi

Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ @ Cʜᴀᴛᴇᴀᴜ Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛʀᴀ - KɪᴛᴛʏCᴀᴛS! Aᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , fabioazevedo Oh , Deerne Resident , Jackson Verlack , Kayleigh McMillan , doubledareme Resident , Gloria Marchant , Karizmah Avro , Jania Cleanslate

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)