Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SHARE HOW YOU FOUND KITTYCATS HERE
10-18-2011, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 04:41 AM by Liv Zerundi.)
RE: SHARE HOW YOU FOUND KITTYCATS HERE
I was breeding bunnies and other kitties in SL. Just like Kendrah, I also saw those pictures and I thought they looked cute. I wasn't convinced by them though, since I really did like the other breedable kitties.

When I saw the kitties in beta, I was still trying to convince myself that I didn't like them. I was very, very stubborn and also I was loyal to that other kitty-company (God knows why).
Then I took a little break from SL for over a month and I came back in february. During my break, I didn't miss my other breedable kitties at all. So when I came back, I decided not to get any land, but just chill in my linden home.
As you can guess, I didn't live there for very long..

A few days after my return, KittyCats released. I gave up on my stubborness and went to see them at my friends house. And omg was I sold. Especially when I saw their little tongue! After a few days (it felt like days, could have been hours), I went out and bought a starter boy. It was the cutest little flame with water eyes and I named him Pixel.

Together we lived very happily in our Linden Home. Then I started to feel bad for Pixel, cause who could he play with when I wasn't there? So, of course, I bought a girl. Actually, I bought 3 girls, because the first 2 were both flames as well and I wanted something different.

After I got a smokey girl, named Prim, I moved house and within 2 weeks I had 20 cats. At my top I had 50 of them. I got too addicted though, staying up (very) late to see boxes unpack or staring at kitties to get to 100% love. My RL boyfriend wasn't too happy about this. Even though the lovedrops solved a bit of the problem, it was time for me to take another break.

My mom (Hannah Winters) also left SL for a while with me and even without being in SL, we still talked kitties. My mom even made a little painting of one. And I still kept checking this forum to see what was happening.
So I decided to come back, since I obviously wasn't able to let go.
Now I am the proud owner of 6 kitties and that ammount has been stable for over a week now. I really love being a part of the KittyCats community and having the kitties as an hobby.

And I think I just filled a whole page. Oops!
I just typed a freaking long story, but it seems not to show..
Maybe later I'll give it another shot Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2011, 03:07 PM
I like fashion, especially couture. So, I bought a dress and I was looking for shooting locations and ended up in a japanese SIM full of super kawaii stores. One of them had an almost perfect surrounding and I was looking around when I saw a gatcha: 'Pay 50L and get a cat! Only 4 left!!!'

Strange thing is... in almost 5 years of SL (that's another story), I'd NEVER EVER threw lindens into gatchas. On top of that, I had no idea what kind of cat they were referring to... But my mind loves a mystery and I paid the gatcha, got this little box and rezzed it right there. 30 minutes? What kind of 'cat's that? So, I was taking a few pics around during this time... and from the box suddenly turned into a black cat with a white triangle thingy on its forehead... And it was running around, saying it loved me! Plus, I clicked a few buttons and the kitten was on my shoulder.

I refused to have land when I returned to SL... but I read all the KC manual and in 3 days I had a home, 5 cats and even got to meet (and rescue) amazing friends in the process.

Plus, I had an issue with collars in the 3rd day and Mr. KC went down there super nice and efficient and solved it for me.

Funny thing is... I was thinking about how I got into KittyCats and that's the story, but they were everywhere and I never really noticed them. Maybe because I needed to solve this 'mystery' on my own. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I was at work and i had a dog ! then this girl showed me her cat and i was like OMG they are so cute! so i had to adopt one!
10-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes..like many of you I believed breeding a pet in SL was silly..soooo silly XD And..how could anyone get attached and frikishly nuts about a virtual pet?

Around april this ideas were about to change. I was looking at a profile of someone on my friends list and she had a pick of Kittycats. I considered her to be an inteligent, creative person...had she fallen for breedables? No way! I had to go and look...and then I fell too Wink

I knew nothing about them I am very independent so I asked nothing either, I saw there was a website and checked it and..as I did not really read it I decided I wanted a chateau..but oh..you cannot choose the fur..they come in bags...Shut, I thought..maybe I get lucky. Of course I got 2 genesis..and 10 minutes later...2 genesis more..Then I went back to the site. OK, you can only get genesis and breed the rest, got it, in that case I want a smokey -I decided- . I had to buy 16 kittens to get a smokey XDD (allthough to my friends I only confessed 8) My idea -very cold headed- was..I keep the smokey and a partner and I put the rest in my inventory, I am not breeding, only this couple..and then I saw them, so tiny, cute...little devils looking at me and purrring....I was lost Sad Of course I could not punish them to get sick in my messy inventory, I had to keep them all!!

So I thought, ok..you went completely nuts, you have a house full of kittens..now relax and when they have babies..just give them away. But I couldn't. I kept them all... And it only got worse when I discover the secondary market (yep, took me a while) All those pretty traited kittens..my long wanted Chateau!!*sighs*

I've been veeeeeery addicted, now I'm taking it easy and simply enjoying them like at the begining (honestly, I cannot pay atention to them or have fun like I had at the begining, if I have 100 kittens, but I am comfy with a quite smaller number Tongue)

These kittens are the most adorable breedable I have seen so far, the group is helpful and warm towards newcomers and the team is ,in my opinion, very thoughtful and well organised. At least I got addicted to something good Wink Thanx!
10-28-2011, 09:23 AM
I was never interested in breeding virtual pets. I have a friend who clogged her island with meeros and the upkeep in petting/feeding/breeding seemed to be a bit overwhelming. Besides, my SL Partners are not really into the game either. However, I was feeling kind of down for the past week and sick. One of my friends breeds KittyCatS and gave me one of his newborn kittens as a present.

I unpacked it and then died from the cute overload. Now I am contemplating buying a boy kitty to breed her with in order to get another kitten or just making her a perma-pet. She's nothing special in terms of traits and the like, but cute and novel to me! <3 I especially miss the one-day-old tiny kitty chasing the ball around and dropping it at my feed. Holy cute cat, Batman!

If I do breed, it will be very slowly and one cat at a time. I would do it for fun and not for profit. Still debating.
11-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Well, I first found KittyCatS from Collabor88 and I instantly fell in love with the cats that were out on display (which were a few dozen), and I just had to buy one. Her name is Yurenni The Kitty! Then, I went to the kittycats store and ended up buying a handful of things for her along with a cute little sister Mini The Kitty. So now, a few weeks later.. I found myself buying a third cat... a boy named Granola from a cat farm(?) and he was just perfect for my little furry family. Then just today when I checked my email.. I got a message from my first cat Yurenni which was a complete surprise for me since I was a little nervous about breeding but I did have plans for it in the future...

"The object 'KittyCats - Yurenni The Kitty' has sent you a message from Second Life:
I just had a kitten!"

This kitten is a big surprise and I have not unpacked it yet but the pedigree is this

Box
Fur: Genesis - DominoEyes: Genesis Meadow (Curious|Big)Shade: NaturalTail: GenesisEars: MysteriousWhiskers: Silver (Guitar)Size: Normal

I am very happy with my cats and I love how realistic they are. They were and still are well worth the money and I hope that soon we will be seeing PuppyDogS Tongue
12-06-2011, 12:16 AM
I actually found out about KittyCats through the Collabor88 store, was shopping as saw them so bought one, loved it so much brought my alt on and bought another...and thats all she wrote...I am now the proud owner of 11 KittyCats and I had my first kitten a few days ago..I think everyone can agree with me how exciting it is as you wait for that first kitten..I love my kitties!!
12-06-2011, 12:20 AM
My friends got my HOPELESSLY ADDICTED. Big Grin And I havn't looked back since! <3 I love spending time with them and our cats!

It started with a little Russian black with passion eyes that I had fallen in love with. A friend got it for me, and while in the
KC main shop to buy perma pet for him I some how got turned around ending up leaving with treats, food, milk and a bed!
He got set up all fancy like, and slowly i started attending auctions, and making kitty friends, and seeing their cats, and mine looked rather lonely.... So I got a friend for him. Then another, and another and another! Soon I was up to my eyes in cats and loving every minute of it!
12-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Rainbow RE: SHARE HOW YOU FOUND KITTYCATS HERE
Heart I have done just about all kind of breedables in sl. from tutles, to roos, to horses, to even th other brand kitties. I pretty much given up on all breedables except for a few horses that i just will not get rid of. My sl wifeh/ best friend. was telling me about how her kitty was laying on its back weird like. of course with my nick name being lady kitty i had to go and see. She was right at first glance the kitty was laying in a very wierd postion, but the more i cammed in the cutier it was. I took a risk on going to buy a start kit and see how they interacted, since she gave me some information on then. low and behold I feel in love, much like i normally do. my 2 cat's went to a whopping14 in less then 2 hours. i kept some i gave some away as gifts. im trully glad someone made a kitty like these. looking forward to getting more as wellHeart
12-06-2011, 12:45 AM
My boyfriend had to move to Ireland not so long ago (from the Netherlands), and when he did, he had to leave his beloved cat with his parents, because he had missed a set of his shots (he got the shots, but not "on time.") In order to bring his cat, Spot, to Ireland, he'd have had to keep him in quarantine for several months. It would have been terribly expensive, and probably some amount of stress on Spot, also. So, the BF felt that he'd be happier living with his parents.

However, he was pretty down about leaving his cat. Understandably, of course. I started checking into cats in SL, and two of my very, very dearest friends told me about KittyCatS, and offered to show me their cats, and to even give me one, if I could find one that looked like Spot.

Not only did I find one that looks like Spot (Genesis Domino), but I also found silver & white tabbies. I have 2 silver (but mackerel, not classic) tabbies in RL, rescue kitties; siblings, who I didn't have the heart to separate. They'd been the only solid, steady, dependable parts of each others' lives, so I couldn't break them apart. I meant to get one cat, and came home with two. Smile I couldn't be happier, though! So, when I saw the silver tabbies in SL, even though they're classic tabbies, not mackerels, I figured I could get SL "replicats" for me, too.

I meant to have just those 3, in total, 2 for me and 1 for my bf. Then, though, I saw other breeds, my first "extra" paid-for acquisition was a pink & white chateau. And then I discovered snow bengals. And then it was teacups and toys. And on and on it goes. Smile

Now, I have 19 cats, and my bf still has his 1!

Auctioneer: Sundae Sweet Treats (Sun 9:30AM) | Feline Fun & Games (Mon 9AM)
"Once you have been in the dark, you learn to appreciate everything that shines."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)