Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SHARE HOW YOU FOUND KITTYCATS HERE
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
RE: SHARE HOW YOU FOUND KITTYCATS HERE
I was actually mourning the loss of my RL kitty, Mr. Bibs for quite a long time. He was my heart. He was a rescue kitty that was deaf, and he was pretty darn ugly because he had licked off all of his fur from being so stressed out (he was found in the attic of a house that had been raided for drugs by the police about 4 days earlier - he had been locked up there by the crackwhore owner so she could get high without him bugging her!) Anyway, he had eventually come to me scared, stressed out, and just *dying* for someone to love him. How could I resist? He turned out to be such a loving, cuddly, funny little man. When he came to me, I had just lost my previous kitty, Kaluha, that I'd had for 17 years and I didn't think I was ready for another one. Kaluha was my best friend for 17 years, I never thought I could ever open my heart to another cat. But Mr. Bibs proved me wrong! Smile

Mr. Bibs was with me for a short 16 months before he finally succumbed to renal failure. Sad My heart was totally broken. First I lost my long-time, best friend Kaluha, and now the loving Mr. Bibs. I felt like I had lost the love of my life, and twice in such a short time. After Mr. Bibs, it took me at least a year to even think of adopting another kitty. So I thought about it. And thought about it some more. But I don't know, I just couldn't do it yet. More time passed and still I was kind of lonely but just couldn't bring myself to open my heart again.

One day I thought, maybe I could find a pet kitty in SL and that would help start the healing for me in RL? I did some research and looked around... I'd already had a VKC dog and a Zooby pet on my other account, but VKC didn't have cats and Zooby's cats were cool but the one that looked like Mr. Bibs was kind of creepy Tongue LOL

I did some Google searching for cats in SL and found a blog entry where someone was reviewing this new breedable cat called "KittyCatS" (I wish I could remember now where I saw that article!) I definitely was NOT interested in breedables at all (I regularly made fun of the concept of breedables to others lol) but in this article it mentioned that they could be just pets and that they looked so much more realistic than other cats in SL. I went to the store and asked some questions (that was probably Kitten L), talked to one of my tenants that had some of them, and within a few hours I had my first KittyCat. And then about 45 minutes later I had my second one, and about an hour after that I had my third, and the rest you probably already know LOL

So now? I feel like every time I sit and watch the kitties sleep, or stare at the patterns on their fur or the details in their vibrant eyes, I feel just a little bit more of my heart healing. I don't think it will be too much longer before I once again have another RL kitty in my house.

I have always wanted to say thanks to the creators of KittyCatS actually, but figured they'd probably heard all kinds of stories like this one lol. But really, thanks Smile I never thought I would ever love another pet ever again, but now I know it's possible.

OMG, if I get another RL kitty I'll have to make another replicat, woot!! Wink

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Sena Nansen , Fizban Underwood
10-06-2011, 06:05 PM
My sister and my boss found KittyCats for me! Bekah came home one day with a green bag that we rezzed in our living room... Inside was info about a brand new breedable kitty!

We joined the addicts group, met tons of amazing ppl and anxiously awaited the release! I studied, talked to every one I could about these amazing new kitties. I hosted the very first KittyCats Auction on the grid 2 days after Kitties began breeding out for the first time! We had over 50 PPL and crashed the sim Big Grin

Since then KittyCats have grown in popularity, with tons of new ppl coming into them all the time Smile I still remember those early days when we were just learning about these adorable kitties. They are still my favorite, and 7 months after their release, I continue to do two auctions a week
!! HeartHeartHeart
10-07-2011, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2011 02:30 PM by Wendi Lavendel.)
Ignore this post..
I posted a reply yesterday but it never showed up with the other new posts.
So today I posted it again, and then that seemed to make my original post (and my duplicate post) appear!
Deleted the duplicate, but then the posts were missing again so I'm posting again to see if the 4th page of missing posts appears..!

..Ok weird, that worked.

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
10-08-2011, 01:49 AM
I was shopping at a store and they had cats that were a reasonable price and I thought well I am not going to breed them I just want a pet, after my kitten was unboxed I started seeing the RFL ads and it all snowballed out of control from there and I became completely and utterly addicted!!! Thank goodness all of my non breedable friends love me because I am pretty sure they get tired of me talking about traits and telling them about the kitties that I have and that I get. I just gave an unboxed kitten to a friend and he says he isn't going to breed, but never say never thats for sure!!
10-08-2011, 04:26 AM
I kept seeing the KC starter package on the marketplace and going "awwwww" then thinking "Eh I'd never work again". The idea of breeding cats kept crossing my mind until finally, I went searching for them again. I *almost* tried another really ugly breedable cat then finally found these again and have been extremely happy with them.

My work and finances have indeed suffered (my own fault), but I have had so much fun and made lots of friends I could never replace thanks to the kitties!
10-08-2011, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2011 05:35 AM by Kendrah Vantelli.)
So, like i was in another breedable cat market/store, this was before kittycats came out, the date was December 27th 2010 and someone by the name of cats resident handed me some pictures of these cute lil kittycats and said they would be out soon. When they came out I grabbed a bunch of them and have been here ever since.
Here are some of the pictures Smile

[Image: kittycatspostcardmaynee.png]

[Image: kittycatsaddictssiamese.png]

[Image: kittycatsteaser.png]

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
10-10-2011, 06:15 AM
I left sl for a few months for rl reasons, and when i got back, my sl sister was raving about these cute little kitties that breed.. she gave me 2 boxes from her starters and off i went.. I swore black and blue i wouldn't have more then 10. then i wouldn't have more then 20, then 40...
10-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Wink RE: SHARE HOW YOU FOUND KITTYCATS HERE
I was the biggest cynic about SL breedables I just didn't get it. why spend shoe/clothes/hair/skins etc etc money on a 'fake' pet?

I read a lot of blogs and I noticed there was a lot of hype around the release of the kittycats . I tp'd to the Kittycat sim the day before they kits were released to see what all the fuss was about.......and I was hooked!

Kittycats have given me a brand new hobby in SL, I have met new people and stepped out of my SL comfort zone (a bit).

Thank you Callie & the Kittycats staff for your creativity, your excellent customer service and last but not least your super cute Kittycats.Heart
10-17-2011, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 09:28 AM by Easnadh Swansong.)
I found KittyCats through the search in SL. I wanted to get a cat for my new SL home b/c I've always had a cat in my RL. Before I bought one though, I went to their web site to read up a bit. Was happy to find out that I could have the cat as just a pet b/c I'm not interested in breeding (for now, I have to confess that I am starting to think of maybe breeding). Then when I found out there were blue burmese cats available, I just had to get one in memory of one of my RL cats that I had.

Almost didn't get my kitty b/c I didn't know that after purchasing the box you had to take it. LOL

As I type this out my little bundle of joy isn't even a day old yet, but I LOVE him. He's soooo cute.

My friend and her bf watched my little kitty be born also. She now has a KIttyCats too, a little teacup sized one. :-D
10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
I had a friend who gave some away in a little raffle or two...she was doing a special dj event at her sl son's then sim, and gave away kittycats boxes as prizes. I think I ended up getting like five from her. It started off as a 'ok, they're cute, why not', and ended up with a 'okies, yet another breedable for my collection' lol.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)