Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SHARE HOW YOU FOUND KITTYCATS HERE
10-03-2011, 04:39 PM
RE: SHARE HOW YOU FOUND KITTYCATS HERE
I had tried 2 other cats & it was horrible. I ended up giving them away. I have a hud that lets me know about lucky chairs that have my letter on them. I earn a few lindens that way. some times there are other interesting & decent prizes, too. one day I saw a chair had a KittyCat on it. had never heard of that before. hmmmm, as a Tiny gray kitteh, I had to go see. that first kitty is almost 120 now. even though he's very common (flame with sunshine eyes), he's beautiful to me.

unlike the other kitties I did, the customer service for KittyCats is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I bought a pair of starters when they first came out planning to only keep them as my pets and never thought much about it until I Project FUR Japan, I was one of the organizers. There was a auction to benefit PJF where people had donated cats they bred to be auctioned and all funds went to PJF. I realized there were so many varieties, and there was a red tabby there that I just had to have it reminded me of my childhood cat. I also won the raffle cat they had there that was also supporting PFJ.

After my experiences with the KittyCatS team working with them to get set up for PJF, the community at that auction I decided I would try my hand at breeding because they everyone I met was just so wonderful and I already knew I loved the KittyCatS themselves.

The rest as they say is history.

<3 Sanura

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Like Kayleigh, I was also like "Uh, breedables? Ehh, I think not!"... But then I stumbled upon meeroos (!) and I was hooked. It was waaay back in closed beta for the meeroos, so it felt like FOREVER before we open beta started and I could finally get my own little 'roos!
Meanwhile, I had set up meeroo-circles and whatnot, and that release-date just kept being postponed... And then a friend borrowed me a cat to keep me company while waiting... It was a Wildwood cat, and I was not impressed.
Next day I gave it back, but had meanwhile heard of some other cats - MUCH cuter I was told - and I found a landmark and landed on a market, and voila! There sat a cute little grey'ish brown cat with lovely green eyes and stared at me - all alone in one side of a stall, and a price tag of only 25L! (Luckily, we no longer see SO cheap cats - hooray for menegarie!) She had to come home with me. -And then I saw a striped one! Aww, I LOVE striped cats! Had to get that one too. Oh, and the black w. white... Tooo cute! That one too, only 100L... Before a day had passed, I had 6 cats and started reading about them, pairing them up and browsing markets like crazy. I also started making KittyCats-friends, got wildly impressed with the community, and soon had 50+ cats and a job as a KittyCats auctioneer. The rest is history, hehe.

Oh, and the meeroos? Yeah, I got those too, still. Cute buggers <3 -But they never did get all the attention they could have gotten, if it hadn't been for their postponed release and my stumbling upon KittyCats.... hehe ;-)
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I know I've told this story to Callie, but Draco and I got into KittyCatS because I'm a regular reader of Harper Beresford's blog. Before the beta for KittyCatS began, Harper posted some pics and info about the new pets on the blog, and I was captivated. My husband and I had been involved briefly with another breedable about a year before, but we're both RL cat lovers and this seemed so much more our speed. We joined the group before beta, applied to be in it and didn't make it, and finally decided we would each get just one.

Hahahahaha. Right. One each. That resolve lasted all right.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
It began with the RFL's for me as well ... I was traipsing around Sanu's shop n saw (my soon to be friend) Ana's kittehs playing & lounging in the sun as pretty as can be ...I had to have (at least) one of each hehe & pestered poor Ana ... she led me to the KittyCats mainshop ... a few days later I had my first RFL and what would be the first of many friendships founded on a shared love of our KittyCats Big Grin
10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Not really sure when i got into KC, was like april/may I think. Anyways, there I was, logged in for the first time in many weeks after a somewhat disgruntled and sad parting with SL. I was loitering about at the gor hub in my, by now, famous robe (atleast in the KC auction crowd) and my Dr Who group chat popped up and it was a woman asking if anyone wanted to come to a cat auction or kittycats auction. So I took a deep drag on my home rolled medicinal herb and debated in my head what was going on. But anyways, curiosity took over in the 4 seconds i thought about it (felt like 40 minutes to me) and I asked her for a TP.

Took the TP and I rez in at Cheeky Kitten Magical Pet Market, or something to that effect, anyways. I quickly scoped out the place and saw only women around, that included the two women sitting in front of everyone else, who I assumed to be the auctioneers. People were throwing out numbers, their bids and I was like, whats going on really, what cat are they bidding on? Took me about 5 minutes before I realized they were on voice and I relogged to get my voice working. When I am returned I just hear 2 guys speaking, passionately and vividly in cute terms about cats and pedigrees and what not. I then realized the two women auctioneers were guys. Those attending auctions would definetly know who they are, Theodore and Draco Nacht.

Words were flying fast, people were bidding like they were on drugs and I got a bit ramped up in the whole thing myself. Chatted up a few women in the process, got some fast advice and stuff like that. So I entered into the fray, bidding on cats that other people wanted, how could I go wrong with that tactic? I probabrly bought atleast 4-5 cats, might have been alot more, can't really remember.

Found out later you had to buy virtual food and have land for them, but that all worked out eventually. And the rest is history as they say.
10-03-2011, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2011 11:11 PM by Draven Schapire.)
I saw the RFL cats when I was at the event, and one of the organizers was excited and talking me up about the new KittyCats. Having just had a colossal fail with another breedable (my first venture into that world... thanks Maia) I went "Eh.. no thanks" and went on my way. Not long after, someone gave my girl a different brand of cat, much to my dismay. It didn't work right at all so she nuked it and once again we were critter-free. Then Jaide gave her a KittyCats smokey kitten. I reluctantly went to see it... and it was tiny and zipping all over the place and I laughed... then the cat stuck its tongue out at me and it was all over.

A couple days of searching later, I brought home a flame teacup cat I named Cheeto, and a domino for her that we called Cobweb because she liked to hide in the corners. Nilla knew I liked the snowshoe chocolates so she camped out at bid boards and surprised me with one... two weeks later we had two dozen KittyCats... months later and we are "down" to 75 or so... and they are still sticking their tongues out at me as if to say "See? We knew we'd get you hooked!"
10-04-2011, 12:49 AM
we started like the others who had other breedables. Always loved cats IRL. So a family member got us a kitten from another breedable. However, all this cat did was lay there, and it looked constipated all the time. Then I tried another brand of cat. Where it was cuter then the first, you couldn't cuddle it. Then, that family member who got me that first cat, showed me her new KittyCat. She had gotten rid of all her cats, for the kittycat, and suggested we do the same. We were sceptical at first. However, it didn't take long, and that family member gave us a cat. Well, we fell in love, and kept getting more cats. We don't have as much as most, however, we have a lot more then we ever bargained for.

First, the cats themselves are ADORABLE. And the most realistic. Cuddeling, unbelievable. Fantastic features.

What really got me is the customer service. Of all the breedables, and not just cats, KittyCats is the absolute best! Superior with customer service. You know they REALLY care.

The community is also top notch. Extremely friendly, very helpful. These are people you know you can ask questions, and they will help. Also people you know that will not rip your head off.

I love KittyCats, they are the best! Heart
10-04-2011, 01:32 AM
I was having one of my episodes of depressions and it was turning pretty bad rather quickly when I was talking to a friend in IM, she and I got the ozimals bunnies together way back when, we never continued with them, though she still has her first out from time to time and mine stays in invent securely. I told her I wasn't sure if I was going to live through the night, it wouldn't be the first time I tried to kill myself so I recognize the signs. She told me to hush and take the tp. She then gave me enough money to buy a single-cat package in the kittycats mainstore. I had no clue what was going on, I gave the money back and told her it was to much, she insisted that I should buy one anyway and that she'll buy the collar for it then! (She's even more stubborn than me -.-) I bought a boy single pack and groaned a bit inwardly, not another adoptable, I had gotten tired of the bunnies rather quickly. She told me to tp home and unpack it. So I did and 30 minutes later I was coo'ing in her IMs about the most adorable little smokey boy with blue eyes. I named him Sebastian and made a vow to him to never ever leave him. I haven't had a depression since then and own even more kitties now Smile
10-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Like some others, I was not at all interested in breedables. I loved my VKC dogs because you can pet and play with them, but don't have the responsibility of feeding them. I follow many of the fashion blogs and learned about KittyCatS from It's Only Fashion and one other blog (can't remember which one). The kittens were so adorable, so much prettier than other breedables, that I began to think that maybe I would get just a couple to have as pets. I told Clovis about them, who kept quiet about his concerns that his wife might turn into a crazy cat lady. Now, several months later and with dozens and dozens of kitties between us, we are both full-on addicts. Heart

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)