Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Were are all the jewels?
08-03-2016, 12:34 PM
RE: Were are all the jewels?
(08-03-2016 11:38 AM)ShelleySerenity Resident Wrote:  I've been breeding cats for over a year and a half. I only get about 15 kittens per week, so I don't have anywhere near as many kittens as more productive breeders. In the time that I have been breeding, I have received ONE emerald. I really like the Fancie cats, but as others have said, it's impossible to get one by just waiting for gems to show up. And, for me anyway, they are just too expensive to buy all the gems required. So, as pretty as they are, if KittyCats have intended to make them an exclusive item to only the rich people, then they have succeeded. I'm sure that sounds like "sour grapes", and I suppose that would be an accurate assessment. Nevertheless, that's just my opinion.

well there still so many other kitties to love Smile thank you all for all you topics an toughts an ideas it has help us make the decisions we need to make about the fancie cats. we not going bother with it not worth all the trouble. im happy with the kitties that are avail i enjoy breeding them and collecting them.

[Image: 5efpnd.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Tongue RE: Were are all the jewels?
I have been fortunate enough to receive several emeralds, two rubies and one diamond over the years (if memory serves) from among anywhere from 10 - 25 breeding pairs at a time. I've traded as well as purchased a few when I found them on sale i.e. reasonably priced, trying to save up for the big prize.

I do understand the frustration of those who have received none or very few but I'd hate to see the Fancies program changed. Personally, I would not send more kitties to the menagerie the chance of getting a jewel. The boxes I keep are kept for a reason and the others are already in heaven so that would be way too big of a gamble for me. Plus, there are other special kitties available for your boxes/menagerie dollars...Confetties anyone?? Tongue
08-03-2016, 08:47 PM
I think I used this post three years ago!

I have tried coercion on the kitteh, as in:

" I WILL NOT PLAY BALL UNTIL YOU DROP A JEWEL!"

I have tried sneaking up behind them wearing a dog mask

and shouting ' WOOF!'.

I have tried giving them MINERAL WATER. . . .but still nothing.

A cat will drop a jewel only when it wants to and on ITS terms.

Which is between ' someday' and 'not this year'.

Good luck with all this jewel seeking!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: VeetMesser Resident
08-03-2016, 08:48 PM
(08-03-2016 01:12 PM)Deidra Loring Wrote:  I have been fortunate enough to receive several emeralds, two rubies and one diamond over the years (if memory serves) from among anywhere from 10 - 25 breeding pairs at a time. I've traded as well as purchased a few when I found them on sale i.e. reasonably priced, trying to save up for the big prize.

I do understand the frustration of those who have received none or very few but I'd hate to see the Fancies program changed. Personally, I would not send more kitties to the menagerie the chance of getting a jewel. The boxes I keep are kept for a reason and the others are already in heaven so that would be way too big of a gamble for me. Plus, there are other special kitties available for your boxes/menagerie dollars...Confetties anyone?? Tongue

im really addicted to the mega cats i have five them now three with me an two with my lady and buying 4 more friday from another breeder i love watching them grow and dressing them they really fun. and i like how they push me around when they want attention just really cute.

08-03-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: I think I used this post three years ago!
(08-03-2016 08:47 PM)Winter Phoenix Wrote:  
Which is between ' someday' and 'not this year'.

Sounds like hopeless optimism!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Winter Phoenix
08-05-2016, 06:14 PM
I guess I'm lucky. I get about 1 - 3 jewels a year. Definitely very random. It took me 2 years to save up for a fancie although I did buy 2 maybe 3 jewels and at the end borrowed about 3 diamonds worth from friends and stole the rest from Winter (I did sneak back into his shop and replaced it after my fancie pooped them out).

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
08-08-2016, 08:35 AM
Yea it doesn't seem fair, i have maybe 10 cats at a time and have only been with kittycats a short while and have gotten one ruby.. only one, but from what i've read, thats a pretty good drop
08-08-2016, 01:29 PM
(08-08-2016 08:35 AM)OnnaYokai Yamabushi Wrote:  Yea it doesn't seem fair, i have maybe 10 cats at a time and have only been with kittycats a short while and have gotten one ruby.. only one, but from what i've read, thats a pretty good drop

wow that is good i have been wit kittycats for almost a year now none my kitties have given me gem not as of yet. but i will say over all breeding kittycats is fun and addicting. it mayseem fair but just think how exciting it is if you happen to finally get a fancie.

08-10-2016, 03:47 PM
I like the fancie system. It gives me a long-term goal to save for (I finally did get there). it took more than 2 years which rewards people who are in KC longer rather than the folks who try it for a quick buck for a few months and quit cause it ain't that easy.

Since I havne't got a lot of them, I am nowhere near getting all the furs. Still I think it might be nice o get a new fur as it always creates a sweet little furor when something new gets released. It's just fun watching the excitement when a new eye hits the cats. And yes, only people who get a fancie get a new eye at first but it does seem to get out into the market pretty quickly. Maybe next June as collections are winding down and the slower summer starts.

And the odds of the eye passing are the same as any other hid, I think. About 50%. And they are not superrecessive so if you get one, you can make more. All the fancie eyes are already out in the market and most of htem have been uptraited nicely.

The fancie system to me is a balance to the random special births like at St. Pattys. Th random special births can happen for anyone who has a breeding pair that week and the odds are fairly high you'll get one I think. The fancie is the opposite side -- not everyone has a chance at it, and you have to save for it with luck providing one or two jewels and the rest: whine, buy or bargain to get the jewels -- most people do. I borrowed the bulk of my jewels from 3 different people and paid them back with the jewels birthed each week from my first fancie. The value is partly in how hard it is to get your first one. One of my friends got her first one without her own birthed jewel to start -- she bargained and bargained to get it, trading furs and eyes and anything she could until she got her 30 emeralds. I don't know anyone who got their first one only with jewels they personally birthed. And after you get the first one, the second one is much much easier.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
08-11-2016, 06:33 AM
I used to think that breeding a lot of cats may raise my chances and got none. After reducing the numbers of breeding cats, one ruby dropped, and nothing since. I stopped looking for gems. They either will drop or they won't and between trying to get my normal cats to show the traits I want and the colored fettis dropping gen furs instead of fettis, it's already frustrating enough sometimes. RolleyesBig Grin

Loving the cattery! Thank you KittyCatS!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)