Were are all the jewels?
09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
RE: Were are all the jewels?
The jewels appear when you breed a box, not when you open it. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes, sorry, it takes mating kittys to get a box and a jewel.... and I still think its kind of a marketing tool, although i am sure many will think this is mean to say. Nothing should be so hard , a person cannot get even one and keep mating kittyCats to get a jewel.
09-26-2011, 02:14 PM
If someone just really really wants a jewel, they can go buy one the same way that if I really want a Siamese Flame I can go buy one. Of course, I can't afford a Siamese Flame, but it doesn't make things unfair that they're so cute (great marketing move), so hard to get (ditto), and that only one in a very great number of starters will carry the randomly assigned genes to make such a cat (thereby meaning those who can afford to buy/maintain dozens of starters have the best chance to getting them).

The game isn't unfair or ruined if I don't get the super rare cat I want in the first couple months it's available. I can continue to enjoy it for what it is, focusing on the parts I love best, and, yes, being painfully jealous and frustrated that so-and-so got one but not me. I'm okay with that because that's life, and Kittycats is fun, and Siamese Flames are a tiny part of the overall user experience. On a long enough timeline, I am bound to get one someday if I just stick with it. What makes the jewels different?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Siamese Flames...sigh...oh well, one of these days Smile

My poor, poor Siamese Blues will find their way out the door and I will have beautiful Flames...but only when I can afford them (and I don't spend a lot in the secondary market EVER!)

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
09-27-2011, 09:26 AM
I agree Kimberly!
I did rob a bank to have all the collectables but new furs or traits are soon enough old news and spending much on them is a waste knowing it is a matter of time for them to be common.
As for gems I refuse to buy them.
I like the kitty of the month idea recently released a nice chalenge to increase the chance to collect gems.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

09-28-2011, 01:58 AM
I have yet to see any jewels from my cats.
I find that new "gem collector box" that came out today a bit ... idunno, hilarious.
09-28-2011, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2011 02:25 AM by anna Acanthus.)
Jewel rate it way too low for it to be of any interest to me. A pity cuz what started out as a great feature has become pretty futile to most it seems. I gave my only ruby to a friend.
GL to those who can afford to spend at least 100 K on jewels to be able to obtain a special.
09-28-2011, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2011 12:26 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
The monthly breeding challange makes it possible for non elite credit card holders to collect gems which I find very cool I have set up my kitties to bring me the reguiered kitty of october I hope they will deliver LOL:-D
I have also seen some fair priced gems today and I assume as they become more available to people with a normal budget the price degrees to the gems which makes it fun for everyone again.
Why I think we shouldn't envy the ones who payed high amounts for them as this is a devaluation advanced!
I have seen gems for 100k in the past while I payed 0,5% of this price today okay it took me some 007 to hidden places.
Being patient has it's pro's:-)
I think but mainly hope it will be more accessable to all of us!
I try to be happy with what we get offered via the breeding challange but I also feel discouragement sometimes.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
got another jewel from fishing! yay! so a ruby & an emerald. my friend, Robby, got a diamond on a diamond kitty box. Smile
10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
got another jewel from fishing! yay! so a ruby & an emerald. my friend, Robby, got a diamond on a diamond kitty box. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)