Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Were are all the jewels?
08-31-2011, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2011 12:42 PM by destiny sandalwood.)
Were are all the jewels?
Since the Jewels came out I have had at any given time 82 to 40 live cats. But yet have never gotten one Jewel, I understand that yes this a random occurrence but you would think at some point that randomness may have fallen just once my way. I was wondering how many others have gotten... is it none or if you have how many... as well as how many kitties do you have?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
08-31-2011, 12:39 PM
RE: Were are all the jewels?
we've had about 15-20 kittens between us, not one jewel. I got one the first fishing contest they did, but haven't got any from kittens. Sad
08-31-2011, 02:51 PM
We have had upwards of 100 cats at any given time between us since the jewels came out and nothing. I've had a whole lot of boxes since the jewels began and none have appeared for me.

I'm not futzing over it. Its rare, they are supposed to be hard to get, it makes the fancy cats that much more special.
08-31-2011, 03:39 PM
(08-31-2011 02:51 PM)Nynaveve Wirefly Wrote:  I'm not futzing over it. Its rare, they are supposed to be hard to get, it makes the fancy cats that much more special.

Don't take me wrong I am not fussing over it either. I know its random and rare and I have not gave up hope that the randomness will fall my way Smile
08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
I have had about 24 cats since the jewels were released - and have not gotten one yet either. Though it does bring a little relief to me to hear that 'bigger' breeders (50+ cats) aren't getting them either.
09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
I have had around 100 cats, give or take a few at any given point, since the update. By now, that means hundreds of kittens - and not ONE jewel.
I do own a jewel - but that was because I bought it Wink

Then yesterday, my mother had her first kitten - and lo and behold, suddenly a strange red prim is hovering right next to her cat - she was close to deleting it, thinking it was some random prim left over from her recent move....!! I must admit that for a moment there I thought "Ohhhh FFS!" - to be completely honest, hehe - but I am of course also happy for her.

However, currently the jewels are of no value at all. Unless we all get together and put our jewels in one pot, noone will get a fancy cat this side of next christmas Tongue

My wish? -It is to remove the jewels from the kitten boxes, and instead make them appear randomly upon sending a cat to menagerie! -Comming with a sort of cute message about your cat leaving behind valuables for you as it happily runs to the lovely place. -Either that, or jewels merging with KittyBucks, giving us a little, but steady value towards that fancy cat every time.

It would also remove a LOT of "less desirable" kitties from the grid, and help the 2nd market by adding a certain value to ALL cats. -Who'd sell a cat at the dumping price of 100L when you could get a jewel by sending it to menagerie...? -And if anyone did, it'd be bought so fast that few would notice that fire sale ;-)

I know KittyCats earn on food - but with "too many" cats on the grid, prices on the 2nd market drops to a level where people give up on their cats because it gets too expensive. -After all, most people are dependant on making at least part of the food cost back via the 2nd market, or breeding the lovely critters just gets too expensive - and they give up or move on to cheaper breedables, or keep just 1 or 2 as pets, which in the long run is definately not in the interest of KittyCats.

I have a feeling that even though few wants to make a fuzz about it, very few or noone are really HAPPY with the current jewel-system. I for one wouldn't mind seeing a change - in the direction I suggested here, or something else that could help towards the same goals.
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
09-02-2011, 06:32 PM
hi all Smile

There are currently about 190 jewels, owned by 150 different people!

Regards,
KittyCatS.
09-03-2011, 05:42 AM
considering how many people in total own how many cats in total, that is way too rare.
09-04-2011, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2011 06:48 AM by anna Acanthus.)
(09-02-2011 06:32 PM)KittyCatS Wrote:  hi all Smile

There are currently about 190 jewels, owned by 150 different people!

Regards,
KittyCatS.

I've had one ruby in the 10 weeks that jewels have been available (so i'm one of the 150 lucky ones out of 1000's of KC owners)
It takes 10 diamonds, 20 rubies or 30 emeralds to be able to exchange for a special kitty, so at this rate it'll take almost 4 years and with a bit of luck i may get there this side of Xmas 2015.....
KOOL !! Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Bebe Begonia
09-04-2011, 06:39 AM
(09-02-2011 05:58 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  My wish? -It is to remove the jewels from the kitten boxes, and instead make them appear randomly upon sending a cat to menagerie! -Comming with a sort of cute message about your cat leaving behind valuables for you as it happily runs to the lovely place.

I second this full-heartidly. It not just would help the market big time, it also - when you think about it - makes more sense. A cat giving you a jewel after it had to press a big box out of herself? Seriously? I think that cat's having something totally different in mind than awarding me presents. Last time I saw a birth on TV it's usually more like "I hate you damn fool, you did that to me!" Wink

So, kitties randomly leaving a jewel behind when send to the happy place has a lot more cuteness and seems more like a sweet lovely leaving gift, don't you think?

Any news on what the Fancy Cat will be so far and what it'll bring to the game?
I think such information would help a lot to get a feeling for the jewels' value.

Saga, how about that Jewel-Group we talked about? Let's give Equi a little heart attack when asking to trade the jewels for a Fancy Cat like tomorrow. Tongue

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)