Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

30 mins & Box Unpacking
08-28-2011, 08:25 AM
30 mins & Box Unpacking
I was wondering why it needs to take 30 mins to unpack a box? I mean, waiting a week is long enough for a box. 1 - 5 mins of unpacking is plenty in my opinion. But maybe I am missing the reason for the 30 minute wait? Perhaps this can be looked into if there is no real point for 30 mins? For me personally, I don't like waiting 30 minutes especially if there is time constraits and I need to get the kitty some place at the last minute. What does everyone else thing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2011, 06:36 AM
RE: 30 mins & Box Unpacking
I don't mind so much for the 30 minutes if only the default setting of the new born was not to walk and run so when we are away they are at a predictable place and we can name them and give them a home location.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

08-30-2011, 08:28 AM
I don't mind the 30 min wait either. Granted, I get super antsy when I *really* want to see that new baby pop out, but its not life or death. LOL However, I would agree that it'd be great if they would just stay put for a bit, because I sometimes need to leave the sim to take care of other things and come back to find my new baby has gone off to play before I have even said Hello. Tongue Its not that big of a deal for me since I have the HUD and can easily retrieve said kitten, but I do understand the frustration.

I think the 30 min wait is a small price to pay for so many of the other features we have. I believe there are other breedables with a similar wait time as well. It just means we need to plan ahead a bit and schedule knowing its going to take a full 30 mins for that baby to birth.
08-30-2011, 04:11 PM
the 30 minute wait was decided because we were all too impatient to wait an hour Smile

when we made that choice, all other breedables were a one hour wait (to my knowledge).

it's sort of fun to have that bit of "anticipation" and time waiting...

but i wanted to chime in so you would know the thought behind it, jaide Smile

thanks everyone for your input Smile
08-31-2011, 10:02 AM
KittyCat Princess, the other breedables I breed are between five minutes and an hour with a variable timer so its never the same range twice, if that information is helpful. I don't mind the half an hour wait time myself. I like the anticipation, and I often will use it as a timer on my cuddling the other cats. I pile them on, set off a kitten box and often have a new one drop.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)