Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Linden Labs new virtual world.
06-28-2014, 09:58 AM
RE: Linden Labs new virtual world.
(06-28-2014 09:14 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  So when you coming back Dev ? Tongue

Got some yummy boxes just waiting for ya Big Grin

(06-28-2014 09:20 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Yes Dev, what the heck?
You know you will come back sooner or later Dodgy
I need my lucky pants convo's, cows & Voodoo sticks damnit!

* hides for Tad

(06-28-2014 09:30 AM)devilness chant Wrote:  I updated firestorm and will be coming back soon! I just need to get a little money together first so I can get a little place and be able to feed a few kitties. I do miss my friends and my kitties!

I hope you finally washed those lucky pants? If not I will stand upwind when we talk. lol

Hugz to everyone!

We're taking over forums again! MWHAAAAA rofl

Everytime I post I go back and see new posts to answer! lol I miss you gals!

HeartHeartHeart code red as for my lucky pants it still didn't meet soap and water Blush

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
06-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Liquid mesh Sad
Why not let us rig over all axis and not only the Z.
A merchant came with this brilliant idea and toxicated LL with this, obviously a poor and stupid solution but nice and cheap for LL.
I never liked to see an avatar with a size sidetable behind or huge water melons instead of breasts.
This is to become ugly with overly streched textures again just as with clothes layers but instead a sort of latex strechable suit.

I think it is clear LL is in the illusion this new world to come is taking over and they do not impliment much senseful technology anymore in SL.
A small deligation is set to SL to keep it running and the majority of Lindens is to work on the promised land -.-
And who is to pay for this future ghost town we in SL 1.0 and why can we do that because this grid rocks and they spoil that money on the wrong investment and in return they assume we leave all that behind just now the economic crisis is starting to see an end mega LOL.
Not only that but they hire even 100 more people to polish and tweak their glossy new world before someone else does.
But how many people are interested in virtual worlds anyway besides their current customers and some new people every so often?
It remains to be a niche market.

Most have plenty to do IRL, FB, Twitter, Flickr and whatnot they have simply no time to have a virtual life how cool looking it may be.
They expect to attract many many new users but I fear they did no proper market investigation as for if people even want or need it besides some dare devils who find their origin in SL.
Their core customers become content creators Ebbe Linden said; ofcourse they are urgently needed.
It is a smack in the face of the rest of the users but that is for them a minor problem I think.
All this does is seperate their current customer base and I've heard even sounds that people stop to invest in SL or leave even.
Many people feel LL pulls the carpet away under their feet and this may very well benefit a so far not so popular grid such as Avination simply because they give people the security of not having too drastic future plans and remain to invest in their current platform.
That is if they are even able to run on their own power and not as mirror of SL.

I think all together this plan is plain stupid.
Why not roll out this new idea over the current SL and keep some of the things such as sculpties and clothes layers which they rather not have on their glossy platform, just to keep those interested in SL with them.
People love their inventories/ memories communities, animals, drama marriages and divorces, new marriages (great for jewelers), favorite places they want to just enjoy their spare time without too much hassle that they have enough during their dayjob.
People want fun and entertainment with a pint or so behind their PC to celebrate the weekend.
And while "just" people are not considered to be the core business of SL 2 they seem to forget that those people pay their bills.
And now they pay the bill of their mechalomanic plans and people do not get the bug fixes they desire for years instead or a basic viewer which is close to doable to play with.
No the money is not invested in their consumers concerns, they throw it down the drain.

I think LL needs a crash course from KC on how to treat customers in keeping them involved.
What looks good on paper may not work for people who really experience a Second Life and are not behind their desk without that experience because if the avarage Linden had lived SL they would never even consider this.

Excuse my rant but I can't stand stupid when I see it.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Gloria Marchant , Devilness Chant
07-03-2014, 11:12 PM
(06-23-2014 06:04 PM)Mari Halderman Wrote:  I totally agree Callie, pretty much said the same thing to my friend when she told me about it Smile

I know my sweet Mari (I am the friend) But I have all the LE cats & I can't bare to loose them..but you are right..don't worry till it happens!
07-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Taken from: http://www.firestormviewer.org/

If you are worried about Second life, this is Q&A was for you. Please take the time to watch the video or read one of the follow up blogs by Inara or Nalates! Links below.

Q&A meeting with Oz and Pete linden about the future of Secondlife. http://www.firestormviewer.org/

QUESTION: ”Does Linden Lab have plans, either near or far, to shut down Second Life…”
ANSWER: ”No. Absolutely not… ” – Pete Linden

YAY! Thought I'd share with those not using the firestorm viewer.
Hope it helps!

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
 Thanks given by: Whispers Magic , Ivy Norsk
07-08-2014, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 01:49 AM by Marie Starlight.)
Hey all.
Thanks for all your comments that you made and interest in this thread that i started two weeks ago. But i apologize that i have not responded to anyone yet and the reason is that i have been very busy in RL last times, because of that me and my family have moved from Denmark to Sweden last week. I've barely had time to take care of my cats here in SL and they are not so happy on me right now*

I was very worried from the beginning that i might have to give up everything old that i have saved and built up over a few years to "start afresh" in a new place. It did not sound at all appealing, and especially now when i moved to a own homestead last winter and recently finished everything after 4 months of work. Now i want to just relax and enjoy SL as well as take care of my cats for a long long time to come.
I have also read (in this thread and elsewhere) that it the people are most worried about, is having to abandon everything they have saved and built up over many years, which also has cost lots of money. But i have also read and even heard from some friends and i myself believe it more and more, that Linden Lab is clearly aware of this worry and they will resolve it in any way.
Likewise, i think Kitty Cats team will come up with a solution so that we can continue with our cats in the New World.

Even however it will be, is what some of you (and many others on other places) writes, is it a long time before anything happens. Probably a couple of years and maybe longer, so why worry right now.

Ivy wrote in this thread that in an emergency, we have always the online cattery where we can have our cats for a transitional period, which is a good idea, as a stopgap measure. I have never used the online cattery because more than half the fun for me with these kittyCats, is to have them running around me, like in real life. But if it becomes necessary and no other solution is available even i can think of to put them in the online cattery, just to keep them.
And as Kendrah writes that Jessica Lyon at Firestorm is optimistic and if she is optimistic despite the fact that Linden Lab shut out third-party viewers from the new world (at least in the beginning), says a lot.

I have integrated my cattery in my new house that i live in and made a unique solution on where the cats are sleeping. Please feel free to come and look at my cattery and look around in my house and on my island (Do not miss to watch upstairs). When the cats are awake they can easily go out of the house and they have their playground at the front of the house.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tu...130/102/25
My second cattery there i have mostly "experiment cats":
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Xandia/221/124/21
And my shop if you want to buy a cat / kitten from me:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/To...140/164/21
Leah-Marie.

Leah-Marie*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli
07-08-2014, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 01:53 PM by Priestess Firanelli.)
Så spännande Lea! Hoppas flytten blir bra! Välkommen tillbaka till både Sverige och SL / Welcome back to Sweden and SL Lea!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)