Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Linden Labs new virtual world.
06-23-2014, 07:50 PM
RE: Linden Labs new virtual world.
Well said, Callie, and this jumped into my head as soon as I read "fear is the killer of dreams"...

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” says Frank Herbert and the Azure eyed Kittycats! However, this quote does not apply if there is a big hairy spider on your ceiling.

also don't forget - He who controls the Spice controls the universe! Smile

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli , Eurydice Barzane
06-23-2014, 07:57 PM
yeah this announcement and a lot of things really do open us up to look (if we want) at fears and anxiety we have of the future. so i welcome them.

the funny thing is, we mostly live in a false security when we aren't fearing IF we think we know the future. we don't and that is even MORE scary that we think we do!!! so of course when something pops up that seems to threaten the fake security we have... we fight it!!! cuz OMG!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO...

so that's why i think, go with the flow, live now, enjoy now, be smart about tomorrow but i work HARD not NOT let it take the amazing joy, blessing and fun away from all i know i have.. THIS MOMENT!!!

if i had a hope for this situation, that would be it, that we as a community enjoy the moments now, then the next, and next and next, and before we know it, this "fearful" future will have passed and we'll be in a new "now" Smile

sorry if that's too weird or out there but i get it Tongue hahahah.
06-23-2014, 09:35 PM
I have been following news and speculation about SL 2.0 on another forum, and people are talking about land and marketplace and pricing models and bemoaning lost inventory of the future, and kvetching about this and that and Linden Labs. The contrast between that and this thread is very refreshing. I didn't realize that Callie was so consistently zen.

In like spirit, I suggest the Constance Demby station on Pandora radio.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
06-23-2014, 11:51 PM
Well yes we better accept what ever LL intents to do and how.
It is totally beyond our power so why wasting precious energy over it.
I get the general feeling not much is clear about it anyhow and perhaps not even for LL as for their customers goes.
We can always make up our mind when we know what our choices are but they are far from there I noticed by following some news.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

06-24-2014, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 02:20 AM by anna Acanthus.)
But…but… where's all the fun if we can't speculate wildly, imagine the worst, grumble, wail and gnash teeth an stuff ?
I mean C'MON yo !! Tongue
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Marisa Starbrook
06-24-2014, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 06:05 AM by Kawyn Galaxy.)
If I may. This comes in conjunction with the announcement that linden Lab is making Second life" Oculus rift" compatible and the release of Items such at The new 3 d Amazon Phone. To my knowledge there is no software that would allow both the 3 d world of Oculus rift and 2nd life to sit side by side on the same "exact software platform".
SECOND LIFE IS 11 years old and code is still present from 11 years ago.
The recent failure which resulted in second life log in from occurring and the near panic that a code error from some 10 years ago which limited the number( Assigned numbers) of log ins shook up Linden lab a bit and resulted in an apology.
We had 11 year old technology and code out there supporting not only our presence but our new content. Its becoming harder and harder To support new things on the old platform. Look how long it took to implement the sunshine project/
Of course linden lab "should" work on a new Second life, before this one crashes beyond repair. It does not say close content forever but clearly content will be closed during development which could be a year or more.( that is while developing they dont want to have to release code to firestorm and others lest there shinny new second life might be stolen away before its ever released./They are after all in competition with other Buisinesses.
Once released i am sure ( since their intent is to h ave more development they will allow developers to make content)and other viewers to participate. During that that time only they will know what they are doing. This is to be expected.

Speculation of Doom is unfounded as this could extend second life virtual life for another decade or more.
That Linden Lab is IN full development mode should encourage folk that its going to be around for a very long time.
There will always be original second life. I am sure. But they want a world that actualy works and is not in danger of failing technology wise. The technology in this development may in time be used on second life platform as well/If it is cross compatible) That is innovations. Wait and see.
 Thanks given by: Marisa Starbrook
06-24-2014, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 12:49 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(06-24-2014 02:18 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  But…but… where's all the fun if we can't speculate wildly, imagine the worst, grumble, wail and gnash teeth an stuff ?
I mean C'MON yo !! Tongue

Oke I take this challenge: lets do it! Smile

Armageddon 1.) I think our KittyCatS! Team will slowly fall into pieces just as our cats especially the high end 9T's and uber expensive special edition kitties are more sensitive to this.

Armageddon 2.) KCR will lose his mind sometime soon and a fatal error will arise in the coding of our cats.

Armageddon 3.) Callie will lose Photoshop and doesn't know how to make textures anymore.

Armageddon 4.) Equinox will by accident delete the complete website including server and failed to make a backup.

Armageddon 5.) Kitten Longmeadow as such will retreive beans instead of cats.

Armageddon 6.) next thing we know is we will have 0 items in inventory after clearing cache and it will not be fixable.

Armageddon 7.) Holdings if we have them will just disappear including everything on it.

But there is something good to this all because it brought our community even closer together where ever we go *gosh I'm getting old and cheesy*.

P.s. This is probably the most horrible post ever written I start to be an expert in that :-)

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Marisa Starbrook
06-24-2014, 12:22 PM
lol ivy, i'm not constantly zen... but i do find when i am i am SO much happier Smile
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
06-25-2014, 01:45 AM
(06-24-2014 11:01 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Oke I take this challenge: lets do it! Smile

Armageddon 1.) I think our KittyCatS! Team will slowly fall into pieces just as our cats especially the high end 9T's and uber expensive special edition kitties are more sensitive to this.
Well mine tend to break up when they run anyhow.

Armageddon 2.) KCR will lose his mind sometime soon and a fatal error will arise in the coding of our cats.
NEVER !!(crosses fingers)

Armageddon 3.) Callie will lose Photoshop and doesn't know how to make textures anymore.
You mean lose her mind as well ? Tongue

Armageddon 4.) Equinox will by accident delete the complete website including server and failed to make a backup.
GoGoGo Equi gurl i know you can do it !

COOL(beans) Blush (sorry)

Armageddon 6.) next thing we know is we will have 0 items in inventory after clearing cache and it will not be fixable.
About time my i/v had a clean out.

Armageddon 7.) Holdings if we have them will just disappear including everything on it.
And we'll STILL have to pay.

But there is something good to this all because it brought our community even closer together where ever we go *gosh I'm getting old and cheesy*.
Sniffs and dabs eyes with hankie

P.s. This is probably the most horrible post ever written I start to be an expert in that :-)
9.5/10

You forgot Armageddon 8.) 0 cats in cattery, 0 in pedigree, 0 members logged in (last night)
Nice try Kay i know it was you Dodgy
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
06-25-2014, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 10:03 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(06-25-2014 01:45 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Oke I take this challenge: lets do it! Smile

Well mine tend to break up when they run anyhow.

NEVER !!(crosses fingers)

You mean lose her mind as well ? Tongue
Ofcourse otherwise this list has no use xD

GoGoGo Equi gurl i know you can do it !
LOL Totally girl power!

COOL(beans) Blush (sorry)

About time my i/v had a clean out.

And we'll STILL have to pay.
Yes, obviously and no way to get rit of the ungoing payments

Sniffs and dabs eyes with hankie

9.5/10

You forgot Armageddon 8.) 0 cats in cattery, 0 in pedigree, 0 members logged in (last night)
Nice try Kay i know it was you Dodgy
Gosh, I knew i forgot something essentail LOL

* Votes for sticky thread I think it became a very community relevant situation here Dodgy

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Thanks given by: Marisa Starbrook

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)