Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Recessive ranking order for Genesis 4 furs
08-26-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: Recessive ranking order for Genesis 4 furs
Oh, that's fantastic, Aramis!! Thanks!! That gives us concrete proof of the Smokey4 being recessive to Diamond4, and from the original picture of Tala 01-11 we know that she must be hiding Pia 10's hidden Smokey4 fur (otherwise the Diamond4 would be showing since Diamond4 > Flame4 from your previous pedigrees). Therefore, we now have concrete proof that the final order for the Gen4 furs is Smokey4 < Flame4 < Diamond4 < Domino4 < Coco4 ! No guesses and no assumptions: all solid. Thank you so much! I'll update the charts once Charles has a look this evening.

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2014, 12:16 AM
(08-26-2014 08:10 AM)Wendi Lavendel Wrote:  Oh, that's fantastic, Aramis!! Thanks!! That gives us concrete proof of the Smokey4 being recessive to Diamond4, and from the original picture of Tala 01-11 we know that she must be hiding Pia 10's hidden Smokey4 fur (otherwise the Diamond4 would be showing since Diamond4 > Flame4 from your previous pedigrees). Therefore, we now have concrete proof that the final order for the Gen4 furs is Smokey4 < Flame4 < Diamond4 < Domino4 < Coco4 ! No guesses and no assumptions: all solid. Thank you so much! I'll update the charts once Charles has a look this evening.

you're welcome. I still have to check in my database if smokey 4 is dominant or recessive to genesis 3 furs. i Have a cat that has a gen 3 fur (dominant) and a non genesis fur as hidden one. If i havent mated them already, i will try to breed them and of course will let you know the results Smile
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel
05-14-2017, 01:09 AM
I wonder if Aramis ever did do the breedings on gen 3 vs gen 4. might be nice to see those charts especially if he happened to do a smokey IV to coco III.

coming on this thread far in the future (3 years later), I'm glad Tad asked for backup information. I noticed that the smokey iv vs flame iv proof was incomplete on page 1 but due to the discussion, Aramis posted the 2nd part of that proof on page 3 of this thread. it was actually a 2-part proof with the backup confirming Pia10 hides smokey iv cuz mom was a starter which was not obvious to begin with. I think that's one thing that has changed over time. More people realize when backup info is needed and what it needs to show. It's very cool that there are more people out there doing dominance testing and sharing charts than there was 3 years ago. It's why almost everything is placed now.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)