Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Trait Counters ??
05-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Big Grin Trait Counters ??
Just wondering if there are any Trait Counters for KittycatS! I searched the MP and nothing pops up but people keep talking about some. Would make things easier for starters. Huh
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Trait Counters ??
(05-18-2014 12:28 PM)Alyssa Quicksand Wrote:  Just wondering if there are any Trait Counters for KittycatS! I searched the MP and nothing pops up but people keep talking about some. Would make things easier for starters. Huh

I would be interested to know this as well.
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2014, 09:06 PM
I threw something together that might work. It's a separate web page, may be missing some traits because I copied them in a hurry but it works. It defaults to the starter traits so anything you select other than the starters will add one trait to the counter. Let me know if it works:

Adana's Trait Counter
 Thanks given by: Deer Thistle , Hathor Xaris , Vrem Vaniva
05-19-2014, 07:07 AM
I have these textures developed to help people. This topic has been excellent for them available for everyone. Hope that helps you.

Eu tenho essas texturas desenvolvidas para ajudar as pessoas. Este tópico foi exelente para disponibiliza-las para todos. Espero que ajude vocês.

Counting Traits
[Image: 2fb5f7f9414150df775d948f3b9f42ea.png]

Examples
[Image: 19e4e8741e533f211aa23613e1a73159.png]

[Image: avatar_10428.jpg?dateline=1375219794]

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
05-19-2014, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2014 01:18 PM by Callie Cline.)
hey alyssa,

anything that is not what a starter cat is born with, is considered a "countable trait". as in the graphic example shown above.

the thought behind this comes from the breeding aspect of KittyCatS, where some people really like to get a lot of traits on a cat that aren't the ones they can be born with. for many it's a fun challenge to add to their cats, all kinds of traits in all kinds of mixtures, did you know there are over 50 million possibilities???? so one can truly have their own unique KittyCat!

also, because the KittyCatS community is very diverse, not everyone breeds to get the MOST traits, but many, many people try to breed things they personally like, and some people love the "genesis" traits! Smile (believe it or not)

also, words like "perfect" cat, are things the community has come up with, and things like that vary too in the community as again, each person really can do whatever they like. some like going to the newest offerings and others like to preserve more classic traits, and some like to mix it all up when it comes to breeding! there is NO right way when it comes to what you want to breed for! many people have their own "perfect" cat and it may have all genesis traits or just one or 2!!! the term "perfect" really means, 9 traits, as no more can be added. Tongue

so while you are breeding we wish you a lot of fun and happy surprises!

hpoe that all helps!!!
 Thanks given by: PoshJones Resident , CatSoleil Bellecoeur , punkin Panthar
05-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Correcting Callie:

"anything that is not what the cat is born with" should read "anything which a [Starter] cat is not born with".

Note that what you see in-world and on the in-world chat "info" is NOT what you want to look a. Nor are the Pedigree Roster (listing of all your cats) or all Cattery pages.

The ONLY RELIABLE SOURCE for trait counting in the Pedigree View (the family tree) page. Any other source can yield false counts.

This is why there are no in-world objects. I could write one, but it would give false results for collectibles .. I can only count what shows on the HUD, which, like he Info text, is the visual appearance (paint job) and not the genetic payload we actually want counted.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2014, 01:18 PM
thanks tad, i made that edit!
05-19-2014, 05:30 PM
(05-19-2014 11:45 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  The ONLY RELIABLE SOURCE for trait counting in the Pedigree View (the family tree) page. Any other source can yield false counts.

It would not be impossible to create an in world trait counter that would be accurate... And it wouldn't have to know any of the names of the traits except for the starter traits. Each trait that is a starter trait would get a 0 and the rest would get a 1, add them up and you have the number of traits.

(05-19-2014 11:45 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  This is why there are no in-world objects. I could write one, but it would give false results for collectibles .. I can only count what shows on the HUD, which, like he Info text, is the visual appearance (paint job) and not the genetic payload we actually want counted.

Ah, collectibles, right. How about an in-world counter that has a caveat that the counter does not work on collectibles... Smile
 Thanks given by: Vrem Vaniva
05-19-2014, 07:17 PM
(05-19-2014 10:49 AM)Callie Cline Wrote:  ... many, many people try to breed things they personally like, and some people love the "genesis" traits! Smile (believe it or not)

HA! YES! And I am one of those people who love many of the genesis traits!

Genesis ears are right up there in my top five favorite ears, just as genesis tails are also among my favorites.

I would prefer to have 'guitar' whiskers to mysterious whiskers (and a few other whisker styles).

Sometimes, depending on a cat's fur, I think big dark pupils are preferable to small pupils (though, pretty much invariably, I do prefer the mysterious eye shape).

I've discovered that my evolution as a KittyCatS breeder these last three years has shown distinct changes in what I desire in my cats. One of the most notable changes is that I do not feel a strong compulsion to breed only 8- or 9-trait cats, but instead prefer to create a 'goal' cat showing traits that I think make a lovely combination on a kitty. (If only randomness would gift me with a greater percentage of petite cats --- my favorite size for these felines!)

Happy, happy, addictive breeding! . . . . >^..^<

CAT'S CATS
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Leonardo da Vinci)
06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
(05-19-2014 05:30 PM)Adana Ember Wrote:  
(05-19-2014 11:45 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  The ONLY RELIABLE SOURCE for trait counting in the Pedigree View (the family tree) page. Any other source can yield false counts.

It would not be impossible to create an in world trait counter that would be accurate... And it wouldn't have to know any of the names of the traits except for the starter traits. Each trait that is a starter trait would get a 0 and the rest would get a 1, add them up and you have the number of traits.

(05-19-2014 11:45 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  This is why there are no in-world objects. I could write one, but it would give false results for collectibles .. I can only count what shows on the HUD, which, like he Info text, is the visual appearance (paint job) and not the genetic payload we actually want counted.

Ah, collectibles, right. How about an in-world counter that has a caveat that the counter does not work on collectibles... Smile
Give it a try , Adana? I think people would love to have such an in-world object -- especially at first when they're uncertain how to count them. Tad can do it too -- if he wants to Smile No need to make it work on Collectibles ... just make the caveat very conspicuous.
Yep yep, the cat with the high trait count isn't necessarily the dream cat for everyone. I like fancier ears and tails better than genesis , but -- I like Big Pupil a lot, depending on the eye color. Big pupil affects the look, somewhat as shade does, and not in a bad way. (My RL cats mostly have Huge Pupil, haha) I like Curious Eye Shape on some cats because of that "wide eyed innocence" it imparts ... and I have to admit i look for excuses to unpack kitties showing my favorite -- irresistible ! -- genesis furs Smile (Genesis flames and dominos especially -- precious!)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)