Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
05-25-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
(05-25-2014 07:36 PM)Skylar Sass Wrote:  After reading through this post I just wanted to say that it should not matter if you find that a post is redundant because there is already "enough" information. People never stop learning and there is never to much information on a subject. I applaud Fabio for always trying to help others and in NO WAY did I find him being pompous. Yes I am replying to several people in this post at one time. I also believe there is a technique to pulling more traits out from the specials and it is not just all luck. Some yes, others no. I don't believe it is using just the most recessive but certain recessive traits that are closer to the actual hidden traits. Just my opinion and I surely do not know as much as Fabio does, or some of you more experienced breeders. However, I do find it ridiculous to ridicule another for their thoughts, especially when they are trying to be helpful. Now I know some of you will say you didn't but it's actually quite obvious.

You clearly didn't read then (it's okay, it happens quite often). The first 6 replies or so were people saying "yes, this is true, it works, thanks for posting". Mixed with Fabio claiming he created this by himself over 6 months of research. Then, an outlandish claim was made that just 80% of all new cats wont hide hidden traits. Meaning, you have a 1 in 5 chance to get a new trait! It could very well be close to that, but I doubt it, and a sample of 50 cats isn't enough to claim it, just as a sample of 8 cats isn't. Luck is a factor.

Secondly, at the bottom of his post which really doesn't have that much hard data other than a picture, is slightly misleading, and would clearly rely on extra information given, Fabio asks:

(05-13-2014 02:28 PM)fabioazevedo Oh Wrote:  Let's turn this "Normal Threads" in a "Important Threads".

Why does this thread need to be an important one? As more than one person has confirmed this should be 'common knowledge' to those who seek breeding information, it's not original. The information presented can already be found in one of the 'important' threads (which, btw the way, also comes with even more important information and breeding tips, mind you).

If your only argument here is that it should be an important thread because people don't know how to read, use the search, ask questions, or all 3 of those, then yes, by all means, please make this an important thread.

Lastly, no one was attacking Fabio at first, he got defensive when people claimed his idea wasn't original. I'm not some 'forum cop', but I do believe people should at least search for a solution, or try to find information on their own first. It's common courtesy to the people who share information for them to not have to repeat it 5000 times. Having 50 threads at the top of the page with half of them repeating the same information, likewise, is counter-productive.

So once again, thank you Fabio for your thread, another confirmation that this method does work, if you wish to use it. Smile

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Jania Cleanslate

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!! - Ethereal Hurricane - 05-25-2014 08:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)