Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
05-25-2014, 02:07 PM
RE: Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
(05-25-2014 08:23 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  The trait charts have been stickied to the first page on general discussions in order to be easily found, but of course even i have to dig quite a bit to find older posts with useful breeding infos as they can also be off subject in differently named threads too so even if we did have the search function this wouldn't always help. The most likely threads though are the ones with the most replies to them.

** The point that i was underlining was that it is untrue that older breeders try to keep the method "secret" and would be pretty silly if they did as all the info is publicly available anyhow.

Another point is that many older breeders don't often check out the forums or join in the KC in world chat group much anymore. After three or so years it's understandable that they lag off. Also teaching the method can be a long and exhausting, not to mention sometimes thankless, process and i know that when i did it often i had little time or energy left over for my own occupations and breeding.
When anyone IMs me with questions or problems though, i always take the time to try help them out and i'm sure that the majority of older breeders would do the same.
The fact that a few cannot or don't want to take time out for this can't be helped and after all they are under no obligation to do so either.

I believe that there is still the mentor scheme run by Sanura Snowpaw who will fix demanders up with a reputable breeder if one is available.

The community in general is and always has been very helpful to newcomers and a bit of perseverance will soon bring one to a friendly door where they will find some instruction or at least get pointed in the right direction.

Pretty much this.

(05-24-2014 10:04 PM)Choden Resident Wrote:  As you stated correctly, this thread is only aiming on about "hidden" traits from starter or collection kitty. Let us just share breeding techniques with each others on how to discover hidden traits. This will be very helpful to new breeders "who" willingly or like to find out more breeding knowledge by finding information on this forum.

Correct, I did state that. Share all you wish. But adding new stickied (or 'important') threads to the list, when the information is already available is redundant.

If anyone actually remembers my very first post, which was the very first reply to this thread, I stated very simply this:

(05-13-2014 02:56 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote:  I think this is what everyone tries to teach. Thanks for posting though! Smile

I acknowledged that this was confirmed as the best way to do what the OP was describing, and thanked him for the post. Every subsequent reply has been me repeating that same information, while trying to make sure people understand this isn't new, this is actually correct, and that the OP didn't create this method, which is how I feel it is being claimed.

(05-24-2014 10:04 PM)Choden Resident Wrote:  Please be acknowledged that there maybe possible language barrier or translator errors that doesn't make any senses from the poster. As English is not the OP's first language.

(05-24-2014 04:03 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote:  PS. I'm not trying to slam you or anything, but you're claiming this is your method, when it isn't. Most older kittycats breeders all know of this method. Anyone trying to make money with cats knows of this method. It's nothing new, I'm sorry. I'm not sure if its a language barrier, and I get the point of the post, but to me it feels like subtle boasting on your part.

Yep, I acknowledged this Big Grin

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!! - Ethereal Hurricane - 05-25-2014 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)