Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
05-24-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
It's not even that Kayleigh, most people who are only after new traits just inventory the cat as soon as they figure out it's hidden trait, no need to feed it.

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Very good . I myself did not learn this technique with anyone. So you're saying that ancient creators , this hidden secrets of all new creators to take all the profit for yourself ?

I have in my cattery every week , new creators , who do not know about this technique , and no one helps .

For me , it's an excuse , not having money , or an attempt to make people not buy the kittens collection , and they think the traits . So ancient creators , discourage new creators not find the traits .

Anyone going on the auction house and see people buying kittens 50k , 100k . So much hypocrisy speaking , has no money to buy 54 kittens Easter .
54 kittens cost , L $ 42,600 . Last kitten with eyes breeze sold for 50K .

I'm not hitting on you , just stating my point of view .

Using his technique , 'Ultimate New Trait Discovery Method, by Ethereal Hurricane' unknowingly take the tests , nothing works . Just throwing tons of money away. I'm sorry . And I have no rl credit card .

And , for me to use my best recessive kittens , I had to develop them all. Working more than 10 months.

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
Find all posts by this user
05-24-2014, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 05:33 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(05-24-2014 04:05 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote:  It's not even that Kayleigh, most people who are only after new traits just inventory the cat as soon as they figure out it's hidden trait, no need to feed it.

Agreed there.
But maybe I'm just a littlebit different I like starters and all but not so many.
At least not to breed Wink
I sort of like their costumes sometimes.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Fabio,

Absolutely agreed my cattery number is too small to make a statement for KCs, my point is yours is too.

As to your statement that luck can be taken out of the equation, I think any breeder can prove that wrong, you can pair a 9t with all very recessive traits and still receive an all genesis kitty, you can do this repeatedly and still attain the same result. You can set up an optimum situation for a cat to show you what it is hiding but that will not guarantee that the genetic lottery will cooperate.

I have nothing to hide in My breeders with the LEs, as you seem to imply, I just didn't want to waste peoples' time or the thread's space posting them.

Your attitude of DO this I am right sounds very pompous, and can turn others away when they don't get the results you did, it leads to posts asking "what did I do wrong?" ... well in many cases nothing, it just wasn't their lucky day.

You seem to want to help others and I applaud that, but perhaps a quiet look at how you say things, I'm not trying to be confrontational but you seem to want to attack anyone who disagrees with you to make them appear small so you feel better about yourself and your views.
05-24-2014, 08:44 PM
(05-24-2014 04:31 PM)fabioazevedo Oh Wrote:  Very good . I myself did not learn this technique with anyone. So you're saying that ancient creators , this hidden secrets of all new creators to take all the profit for yourself ?

I have in my cattery every week , new creators , who do not know about this technique , and no one helps .

For me , it's an excuse , not having money , or an attempt to make people not buy the kittens collection , and they think the traits . So ancient creators , discourage new creators not find the traits .

Anyone going on the auction house and see people buying kittens 50k , 100k . So much hypocrisy speaking , has no money to buy 54 kittens Easter .
54 kittens cost , L $ 42,600 . Last kitten with eyes breeze sold for 50K .

I'm not hitting on you , just stating my point of view .

Using his technique , 'Ultimate New Trait Discovery Method, by Ethereal Hurricane' unknowingly take the tests , nothing works . Just throwing tons of money away. I'm sorry . And I have no rl credit card .

And , for me to use my best recessive kittens , I had to develop them all. Working more than 10 months.

It's not a hidden secret, as I've been saying this whole time. It's not new. I'm not sure who these ancient creators are either. If you're talking about the KittyCats creators, they have a long standing stance of not sharing technical information regarding breeding. I wouldn't expect them to help you either. (Also, I don't think they'd appreciate you calling them 'ancient')

Anyone going to the auction houses will agree that, in fact, people do buy cats for 50k, 100k, and so on. All of those same people will also agree that, in fact, the great majority of the time, it's the exact same people doing it. Its a VERY slim percentage of breeders who drop that kind of money. Your average KittyCats breeder probably wouldn't even drop 5-10k on a cat. Heck your average breeder probably would just breed traits out themselves.

This whole thread is aimed at people who want to pull new traits first without buying them from another person. Anyone trying to do that should already know about this or they have been seriously wasting their time (and money). It isn't aimed at the average breeder who probably only buys 1-10 cats per new release.

As for hitting on me, it happens all the time, and you don't have to deny doing it. Heart

I await your next reply, my body is ready.

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: brittanybelike Resident
05-24-2014, 10:04 PM
(05-24-2014 08:44 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote:  It's not a hidden secret, as I've been saying this whole time. It's not new. I'm not sure who these ancient creators are either. If you're talking about the KittyCats creators, they have a long standing stance of not sharing technical information regarding breeding. I wouldn't expect them to help you either. (Also, I don't think they'd appreciate you calling them 'ancient')

Anyone going to the auction houses will agree that, in fact, people do buy cats for 50k, 100k, and so on. All of those same people will also agree that, in fact, the great majority of the time, it's the exact same people doing it. Its a VERY slim percentage of breeders who drop that kind of money. Your average KittyCats breeder probably wouldn't even drop 5-10k on a cat. Heck your average breeder probably would just breed traits out themselves.

This whole thread is aimed at people who want to pull new traits first without buying them from another person. Anyone trying to do that should already know about this or they have been seriously wasting their time (and money). It isn't aimed at the average breeder who probably only buys 1-10 cats per new release.

As for hitting on me, it happens all the time, and you don't have to deny doing it. Heart

I await your next reply, my body is ready.

Please be acknowledged that there maybe possible language barrier or translator errors that doesn't make any senses from the poster. As English is not the OP's first language. So the word "ancient" may not necessary meant by the correct meaning from the poster. Since this is just a discussion forum on text only, we couldn't see facial expression or hear any way of speaking tone. No need to imply personal criticism has implied by the poster here. Thus, we will never know unless we talk face to face or on voice. In most of the cases, there always due to language misundertanding in writing and created unnecessary flame war to each other during the discussion.

(05-24-2014 08:44 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote:  It's not a hidden secret, as I've been saying this whole time. It's not new.

To every new breeder at the beginning, this knowledge is "new" to them, please be aware and be considerated to those just start breeding kittycats. Not all breedable on SL has the same logic, even though the logic is closed.
Also we heard a lot recently from new breeders and we have been there as well when we started, not all new breeders could get breeding information at beginning from the help of others. So it is just trial and errors from own self or doing experiements.

As you stated correctly, this thread is only aiming on about "hidden" traits from starter or collection kitty. Let us just share breeding techniques with each others on how to discover hidden traits. This will be very helpful to new breeders "who" willingly or like to find out more breeding knowledge by finding information on this forum.
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident , Marisa Starbrook
05-25-2014, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 01:15 AM by anna Acanthus.)
For the record the breeding method described here is, of course, the only method for discovering new recessive traits.

Since 2011 we have Saga's docs, with the dominance charts, a simple guide to the method and also the Trait-Talk Transcript from an information meeting that Saga gave in September 2011 ( http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=2351 )
Of course she doesn't take all the credit for this and i remember Draco Nacht dropping me a NC with the known trait orders that they and a few others had already worked out sometime in summer 2011. The Nachts were giving meetings each sunday from around May/June i think to share what they had found and everyone was welcome to attend.

So this method is free for all to see and new breeders who want to take the trouble can even work out this system for themselves.
For those who have difficulty there are and have been many breeding classes to help new and older breeders understand the process.
On top of that, many breeders, including myself have gone to the time and trouble of coaching new breeders who were having difficulty understanding.
There are also a multitude of threads on this site that explain and re-explain the system and also correct the many misconceptions that seems to grow like weeds in the community.

So really, this statement that the older breeders keep their "secrets" to themselves is totally untrue and irks me and i'm sure many others too. In fact i find it hard to see how anyone could NOT find help in discovering the method.

I seem to remember you giving thanks to someone who first helped you out in another thread Fabio, so if they weren't teaching you this method i'm just wondering what they WERE teaching you.

However i'm sure that Google Translate is responsible for much misunderstanding and you're pretty courageous for even attempting all this in a foreign language that you don't speak.

** KittyCats team themselves gave no information about the breeding system and we had to work it all out for ourselves but that was part of the fun and excitement of that first year.
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident
05-25-2014, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 01:31 AM by Callie Cline.)
hey all,

thanks for noticing that often in forums people are sharing in with totally differnt first languages. even when we share the same first language, communication can be hard!!

so thank you for seeing that.

as you discuss, keep those things in mind about context, language, and tone. it's so often that we can misread things. Smile

a good rule of thumb it to hope and believe the best, and ask for clarity Smile we often interpret things in a way that the person speaking never intended. Smile

thanks for being such a great group.
 Thanks given by: Dottie Idlemind , Mizaki Resident , fabioazevedo Oh , Marisa Starbrook
05-25-2014, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 02:09 AM by Choden Resident.)
(05-25-2014 01:13 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  For the record the breeding method described here is, of course, the only method for discovering new recessive traits.

Since 2011 we have Saga's docs, with the dominance charts, a simple guide to the method and also the Trait-Talk Transcript from an information meeting that Saga gave in September 2011 ( http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=2351 )
Of course she doesn't take all the credit for this and i remember Draco Nacht dropping me a NC with the known trait orders that they and a few others had already worked out sometime in summer 2011. The Nachts were giving meetings each sunday from around May/June i think to share what they had found and everyone was welcome to attend.

So this method is free for all to see and new breeders who want to take the trouble can even work out this system for themselves.
For those who have difficulty there are and have been many breeding classes to help new and older breeders understand the process.
On top of that, many breeders, including myself have gone to the time and trouble of coaching new breeders who were having difficulty understanding.
There are also a multitude of threads on this site that explain and re-explain the system and also correct the many misconceptions that seems to grow like weeds in the community.

So really, this statement that the older breeders keep their "secrets" to themselves is totally untrue and irks me and i'm sure many others too. In fact i find it hard to see how anyone could NOT find help in discovering the method.

I seem to remember you giving thanks to someone who first helped you out in another thread Fabio, so if they weren't teaching you this method i'm just wondering what they WERE teaching you.

However i'm sure that Google Translate is responsible for much misunderstanding and you're pretty courageous for even attempting all this in a foreign language that you don't speak.

** KittyCats team themselves gave no information about the breeding system and we had to work it all out for ourselves but that was part of the fun and excitement of that first year.

First, Anna, just want to thanks for confirming one of the useful methods to discover new recessive traits as stated by the original OP's posts. There are few points you mentioned above that I would like to address in an open-minded discussion.

1. Not all people will be available for the schedule on breeding class on Second Life. For what I have researched so far. There are only 2 classes availabe at present. One is at Too Adorable, the other is at The ScratchN and Post. However, we are all from different time zone. So not all new breeders could make it to attend the only 2 available classes.

2. If you have noticed, there has no "Search" function in this forum. So in order for new breeders to search specific topics, apparently it is very difficult. As we all have real life priorities, to go through all threads and read all available resources about breeding different topics are quite impossible without a "Search" function.

3. Not saying that friendly memebers not helping new breeders, however, not all older breeders will right away to tell you using 9T recessive traits kitty to start with starter kitty.

4. When I re-read this thread again, I have noticed what the OP's purpose to post this thread, is to provide a "visual" references to prove the theory of how to discover hidden traits faster way. All the OP has done was to proof using recessive traits to pair with starter kitties as well as the OP seems just want to contribute to the forum with another way by using images and his own testing results and statistics.

5. Everyone learning ability is different, also more difficult for people who doesn't read, write or speak English. I see what the OP has done with a great deal of work with time and patience to use the translator. I applause for that efforts. By seeing that, I would think the OP simply just like all kittycats members, just enjoy the fun of breeding out Kittycats.

6. I would just humblely suggest that just enjoy and have fun and have friendly discussion and share openly on the forum.
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident , brittanybelike Resident
05-25-2014, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 03:07 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(05-16-2014 04:41 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote:  (photo deleted due to virus warning that came with it. probably from the originating site)

I just knew this all the time you just attacked us with a virus hm hm ? Dodgy

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)