Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
05-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Information Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
Would you like to share an article with you all.

Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits .

No waiting luck! Do luck!

My theory using recessive traits , to test kittens started , is confirmed when I have results like this :

[Image: fe192b768259f2de6167e6f380c24146.png]
http://gyazo.com/fe192b768259f2de6167e6f380c24146

Analyzing the picture!

Fur , eyes , shade , ears , whiskers color , and , whiskers shape , confirmed in a round.

- Foxie Salt fur , recessive , forcing , Bengal Silver fur , come out.
- Rainbow Prism eyes , recessive , forcing , Tapestry Royale eyes , come out.
- Twinkle shade , recessive , forcing Flair shade , come out.
- MOF ears , recessive , forcing , Rounded ears , come out.
- Latte whiskers , recessive , forcing , Blonde Streaked whiskers , come out.
- Plush whiskers shape , forcing Mysterious whiskers shape , come out.

Only , tail , it will be necessary , a new check. Shorty tail , was dominant for the tail hidden in kitten started . We use a posh tail , in the next round .

This is my lesson , I teach everyone that comes in my cattery.

Like the help? >> Comment! >> Thanks! >> Share!

Let's turn this "Normal Threads" in a "Important Threads".

[Image: avatar_10428.jpg?dateline=1375219794]

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: RebekahMarieLynne Resident , Olgita Ruby , Zina Chastity , Burke Benoir , Rala Huckleberry , Jackson Verlack , Mizaki Resident , Vrem Vaniva , Charmayne Brentley , Sesen Wingtips , Roswenthe Aluveaux , MsMagick Resident
05-13-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Discovering hidden traits in kittens started using recessive traits!!
I think this is what everyone tries to teach. Thanks for posting though! Smile

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2014, 03:14 PM
(05-13-2014 02:56 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote:  I think this is what everyone tries to teach. Thanks for posting though! Smile

xD

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-13-2014, 03:18 PM
I've heard this over and over, but it really helps to see it in action. Thanks!
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
05-13-2014, 04:44 PM
very nice.
We now have visual proof that this technique works and is effective.

[Image: avatar_10428.jpg?dateline=1375219794]

05-13-2014, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 05:20 PM by Ethereal Hurricane.)
A more simple way to put it would be:
If you want to discover the hidden traits of your starter/cat, use the most recessive trait available against that starter/cat.

From my previous post, what I meant was, this is not a theory, this is fact. This is exactly why the most recessive traits are so expensive.

Thanks again for the visual, nonetheless! Smile

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2014, 06:42 PM
To be honest, I've been doing that since almost my start with KCs with much less stellar results, as a matter of fact I have NEVER pulled 8 possibly all 9 traits from a starter. I consider it a lucky round to get 3. So yes, you can optimize your chances by using the most recessive traits you have, but in reality there is still LUCK with a capital L or something else at work.

? Fab posted the thread and commented on it, guess I missed something somewhere?
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident
05-14-2014, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 11:48 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
If the goal is to breed out new traits as fast as possible this is the way to go.
If the goal is to collect the hidden traits of the starter pure it works way different.
There is nothing I hate as much as buying a weak trait for an insane amount of money.
With this I mean if I want to buy a new trait I like but it is not the most recessive but the most recessive is hidden I'm ticked.
I just want that new trait and not an hidden more and known recessive that is just not what I am paying for.
For example the dreamy whisker may be not the most recessive anymore and as soon as I found out the Sassy was found I made sure to obtain my Dreamy because I like that whisker very much and I do want to have it without Sassy hidden should that be the new recessive.
I do use a very recessive cat to find out what my starter hides and poof the OS to play with the tigers and certainly don't sell it if I happen to find a new trait via this way.
After I decided that the hiddens are interesting enough I breed the starter with a dominant traiter and go via either back- or sibling breeding from there.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Deer Thistle , CatSoleil Bellecoeur , Vrem Vaniva
05-14-2014, 06:15 PM
(05-14-2014 11:46 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  If the goal is to breed out new traits as fast as possible this is the way to go.

Yes.

This is the purpose of the topic. Teaching techniques to discover the hidden traits.

So after discovered, you can apply other techniques such as pure traits, and other projects, breed, kittens 9t, eyes combine with fur.

But first we need to find out. Smile

The idea of the topic, it is well focused. Discover.

I say this because 80% of the kittens started, do not bring new traits. Only the trait are known. And this work needs to be done faster. To save time, food, milk, money.

All buy kittens, and then we have to repair them, improve them, adapt them to our standards, as you mention. So, there are many steps in the creation of the kitten.

Thanks given by: Rala Huckleberry , brittanybelike Resident , Vrem Vaniva
05-15-2014, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 12:44 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
what I say is you were very lucky. This is the type of result I often get with the same scenario

fur: genesis
eyes: genesis
big/curious
tail: posh
ears: genesis
whiskers: silver/guitar

I often get 1, 2 or 3 hidden traits but that's it. It is very very very lucky to get 8 hidden traits even if the partner traits are very recessive because genesis is extremely dominant and you have a 50% chance of getting genesis on each trait. Getting 8 hidden traits like that is like flipping a coin and getting tails 8 times in a row. Of course people do get a boy kitten 10 times in a row. It is just that particular flip of the coin.
Sometimes though, the impossible happens:

Mom has mysterious whiskers
Mom's parents has mysterious whiskers
Mom's grandparents has mysterious whiskers

Mysterious is very dominant

Mom has baby with wavy whiskers.

[Image: 6b066602fa45e11449db8174467cccce.gif]

[Image: c9aa6ba80403b8f84048389ccc6b3cc6.gif]

And that my dear is why people play the slot machines and win a million. The odds are a million to one but you can't win if you don't play. It's also why I like mixing and matching my kittens because there are always surprises
 Thanks given by: Rala Huckleberry , Mizaki Resident , Vrem Vaniva , Sesen Wingtips

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)