Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Season Kitties
05-10-2014, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 12:59 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Season Kitties
I am thinking it is time to settle down and to start breeding for a particular result like people do with their vampire kitties but I'm not sure what.

One idea I had was a series of cats that are remniscent of the seasons.

Winter seems easy. A white fur, icy blue eyes, white whiskers so

Possible furs: Bali cream, white russian

Possible eyes: on the snow crystal end: pewter, platinum, divine, crystal clear
on the icy blue end: mint julep, serenity, crystal sea
or northern lights eyes: exotic breeze, exotic treasure,

whisker color: white
whisker shape: guitar (thinking it should be angular like ice)

tail: stubby, shorty (the way branches look without leaves)

ears: I don't know. rounded for snowy hills? or one of the folded for the way snow covers tings. Or go for angular like ice and tree branches with no leaves like foxie, mysterious, curious.

what do you think
Spring would be a pastel soft colored fur, pastel eyes and curly shapes for the way plants look when they first curl out of the earth

Summer would be vivid colors and vivid eyes, curly shapes for the fullness of flowers and trees. Vivid blues, greens.

Autumn would be red, yellow or brown furs. Eyes would be orange, yellow, reds, browns. moving back to a mix of angles and curves as trees lose petals, leaves and go back towad straight lines.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Vrem Vaniva
05-10-2014, 04:03 AM
RE: Season Kitties
Love this idea, too.

Burke Benoir
The Catbird Seat ~Supremely Beautiful Kitties

LiTTLe Bit of EVERYTHiNG
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bi...234/130/22

Night Whispers
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ni...8/221/2700

A third store location is coming soon!
05-10-2014, 05:23 AM
i think this is a very lovely idea indeed Smile
05-10-2014, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 09:14 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Thanks for the feedback.

I used Tad Carlucci's build a cat at http://tad-carlucci.com/Build-a-Cat/ to build the winter cat.
What do you think?

[Image: a01e4ab917101976d340a524bd2775d8.gif]

It is
Fur: White Russian
Eye: Ice Crystal
Eye: Mysterious/Small
Tail: Stubby
Ears: Odyssey Rounded Fold
Whiskers: White/Fussy

I'm not sure about the Shade. I tried it with Bengal Snow because it had Snow in the fur name but it didn't feel wintery enough.
for Summer, I 'm not sure if I should go for Summer nights (Bengal Black or Black Russian) to be a counter to Winter or go for a colorful Summer day. For the day, there aren't any yellow furs, so I thought maybe the reds.

Either way Exotic Treasure eyes because it is colorful like flowers in full bloom.

I looked for rounded shapes like flower petals. How about this for summer day courtesy of http://tad-carlucci.com/Build-a-Cat/

[Image: 980ca2d8d5104a67a039f34ac4d11fbe.gif]

Fur: Balinese Flame Lynx
Eyes: Exotic Treasure
Eye: Curious/Big
Tail: Swanky
Ears: Rounded Fold
Whiskers: Latte/Dreamy
For Summer nights, the only change is the fur would Bengal Balck and the whisker color would be black

[Image: 25fc3e1ef18090edd04cb7d2d0db2559.gif]
05-19-2014, 09:44 AM
your winter kitty is perfect (purrfect?)

dunno how i feel about the bengal black summer kitty though...it is difficult for spring and summer because we have only "natural" color kitties for the most part...

Though, i could maybe see a Chateau Pink and White for spring?

for fall i could see maine coone calico, or chateau #3 spot 1 because they look a bit like leaves...
05-31-2014, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 10:06 PM by Vrem Vaniva.)
I love this idea Smile and i agree with Karloff's suggestions too -- the pink kitty for spring came to my mind also. Your pics from Tad Carlucci's build-a-cat really bring this idea to life Smile "This kitty curls my whiskers!"
I like the Bali Flame for summer, very much.
Other pale pastel kitties that might be sweet for spring -- Aby Fawn, Pandie Fawn? That peach color is so ... well, yummy, spring-like.
05-31-2014, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 10:23 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Hmm Snuggle seems to be close to a Winter Kitty.
His wavy whiskers make him more a summer surf dude though Smile

[Image: 29362297.30202094.500.jpg]
KittyCatS! ~ Snuggle par Kayleigh Mcmillan, on ipernity

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

06-01-2014, 01:58 PM
omg i love this!!! Smile in my limited "breeding" i've noticed some cats being "randomly born" that seem to have taken on a theme of their own Smile

now i have something to call my glowy cute little bundles of joy "fire fly" kitties Tongue

(pandies with illume that remind me of little fire flies) thanks!!!
06-05-2014, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 04:30 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
I have to agree with Vrem and Karloff that the pink chat would be a great Spring kittycat. I am thinking a very colorful eye like purple Blacklight to represent spring flowers like pansies and morning glories. Curious big eyes because they look more innocent to represent the babies of spring. Tail is tougher. Curious? maybe because babies of any age are curious? Ears would be Rounded Fold or Soft fold because they have the shape of new leaves or petals just curling opened. White whiskers because it matches the fur. Curious whiskers for curling shapes of flowers and new leaves?

So how about

Fur: Chateau Pink & White No. 1
Eye:Blacklight
Eye: Curious/Big
Tail: Curious
Ears: Rounded Fold
Whiskers: White/Curious

Here is the picture courtesy of http://tad-carlucci.com/Build-a-Cat/

[Image: c4854a74f841f377111c15d74d792299.gif]

(06-01-2014 01:58 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  omg i love this!!! Smile in my limited "breeding" i've noticed some cats being "randomly born" that seem to have taken on a theme of their own Smile

now i have something to call my glowy cute little bundles of joy "fire fly" kitties Tongue

(pandies with illume that remind me of little fire flies) thanks!!!

fire fly kitties sound really cute. I would love to see them if you have a pic

I have to agree that kittycats being born can create a theme of their own.

(05-31-2014 10:22 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Hmm Snuggle seems to be close to a Winter Kitty.
His wavy whiskers make him more a summer surf dude though Smile

[Image: 29362297.30202094.500.jpg]
KittyCatS! ~ Snuggle par Kayleigh Mcmillan, on ipernity

Kayleigh, you are right, Snuggle does look like a winter kitty.

With the wavy whiskers and the light wave ones, we can start a whole beach or nautical themed set of kittycats . Then Snuggle would be a sun-bleached blonde surfer dude. Smile

(05-19-2014 09:44 AM)Karloff Foehammer Wrote:  for fall i could see maine coone calico, or chateau #3 spot 1 because they look a bit like leaves...

Karloff, I have to agree the maine coon calico for autumn or the redmasked fox. I am not as familiar with the chat 3 spot #1. for some reason's tad catmaker did not pull up that fur although it had #2. So I looked it up on Kittycats breed page. It does look like a good one for autumn, maybe late autumn because I see a little snow there. I also like Bengal Copper or Sorrel for the reddish browns. But maybe Maine Coon Calico is the best one because it looks most like autumn leaves. What does everyone else think?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)