Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

What's my next step?
04-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Question What's my next step?
Huh

I'm pretty new to breeding (besides just putting together partners for fun to see what I get, of course). I'm wanting to focus now on trying to pull the hidden furs from my special RomantiCats. So far from what I've been learning, I've matched a male offspring back to its mother. But as you can see from the pic, I've actually gotten more gen than less. Now I know its the luck of the draw and all that, but I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and match the male kitten back to it's mother again, or is there something else I can try? I've had this exact situation with another pair as well, but for now am providing this example.
I would very much appreciate any and all input! http://gyazo.com/df3b36a2fa641f545cc0902a430f4569
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: What's my next step?
I'm not the most experienced breeder but here's my advice. First thing first you shouldn't breed them together, 'cause there are higher chances to get genesis kittens. You should get a recessive fur to pair them with, I'd suggest Foxie Salt and Pepper mask, just take a look at the secondary market, most of them are affordable. This way there are higher chances to discover hidden traits. If you wanna know more about recessiveness and traits in general, take a look at the dominance charts, they are really helpful.

The CatHouse
(( MARKETPLACE ))
(( IN-WORLD SHOP ))

Thanks given by: Silverngoldsub Resident
04-24-2014, 07:14 PM
hi Smile if you want discover the hidden fur of the mom have to change partner, because the shown fur of the boy is the one from mom.. so his hidden fur is the one from dad..
04-25-2014, 05:20 AM
Thank you both! I've got a much better idea of a path to follow now! Smile
04-30-2014, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 07:05 PM by Vrem Vaniva.)
Going by the traits on Seven, I'd say this:
Either Ain or Scorch is hiding Tapestry Harvest eyes, and one of them hides equal or more recessive eyes.
Either Ain or Scorch is hiding Boo Boo ears, and one of them hides equal or more recessive ears.
Either Ain or Scorch has Stubby Whiskers, and one may have more recessive whiskers
Ain or Scorch has white whiskers, and one of them may have a more recessive whisker color.
The baby you posted shows that Scorch does hide Small pupil size (not all starters do).
No info so far from Seven's picture or his baby, about the tail, shade, etc.

I'd try giving each of them a partner with fairly fancy whiskers and ears. Get partners with eyes at least recessive to Tapestry Harvest. The fur will come out eventually along the way.
Get partners with Mysterious Odyssey Fold ears, Fussy or better whiskers? Light waves?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)