Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Keeping 'touch as default' when pricing?
04-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Question Keeping 'touch as default' when pricing?
I must be holding my mouth wrong, or can't get the steps down correctly! Help!!

1. Image Box rezzed.
2. Hit 'for sale' button.
3. Set price.
4. Set sale item to 'original'.
5. Hit "apply".

The 'click to' function changes to buy object. I need the 'click to' function to remain 'touch default' so folks can see the detail.

I have been successful doing so in the past... now... I'm not... Where am I flubbing up???!!!

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and advice!

Burke Benoir
The Catbird Seat ~Supremely Beautiful Kitties

LiTTLe Bit of EVERYTHiNG
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bi...234/130/22

Night Whispers
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ni...8/221/2700

A third store location is coming soon!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 09:24 AM by anna Acanthus.)
RE: Keeping 'touch as default' when pricing?
Hi Burke Smile

Just check "for sale" button and enter your selling price is all that is needed.
 Thanks given by: Burke Benoir
04-19-2014, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 11:00 AM by Burke Benoir.)
Heart RE: Keeping 'touch as default' when pricing?
(04-19-2014 09:21 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Hi Burke Smile

Just check "for sale" button and enter your selling price is all that is needed.

Anna, I'll try that... I'm an old-timer SL, but new to kitties! Thank you so much!!

M.......mmmm.... Well... that did not work. Could there be a bug in sl at the moment? I have several kitties that you 'touch' to get info on kitty that are priced for sale... all was well...

I took one of those kitties.... and re-priced it as an experiment... well it no longer has the 'touch for info' when you point to the box... it's now a dollar sign... and I don't want anyone to accidentally get a kitty by trying to 'touch' the box to look at the traits.

Burke Benoir

LiTTLe Bit of EVERYTHiNG

Night Whispers

04-19-2014, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014 01:27 PM by anna Acanthus.)
When pricing a box it should already be set to "original".

I've tried myself toggling everything that can be toggled and i'm not reproducing your issue so yes i think you must be experiencing a bug.
One thing you can try before ticket time is to send the offending boxes to the cattery and back as this will produce a brand new replica, this may fix your issue but it's certainly a new one on me ^^
04-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Hi Burke! (and Anna ^^)

All my boxes and cats do this when I set them for sale. Here's what I have found about it:

1. It's not necessary to select "Original" when you set the cat/box for sale. The permission by the creator are no copy so that default setting will, automatically, set the box as "Original" once you set the price and click on apply. This way you eliminate that extra unnecessary step.

2. Once you click apply, the touch buy option will be enabled but only for you. If another avatar touches the box they will get the Info printed in their Local Chat, not the Purchase with one click option you get. I have tested it, I am sure of it Smile If they wish to buy it, they must right click and select buy.

The only way I have found to get rid of the touch/buy option after you set it for sale is to right-click and select Touch from the menu to access the cat/box's menu and then change the format (if it's in Box form switch to Image mode, if it's on Image, change back to Box) then toggle back to the preferred display method (Image/Box). WARNING: this will uncheck the "For Sale" option so you need to set it again. It's a pain, I know... but I have played with it for a while to try to work around it and haven't found a way to sort it out. None of the other options in the cat/box's menu removes the

The good news is that the touch/buy with one click once you set the box for sale happens only on your end and your costumers will be able to access the info when they touch the box/cat without getting the one-click buy option Smile

I hope this helps :^)
 Thanks given by: Burke Benoir , anna Acanthus
04-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Thank you so much, you all! Great help from both of you.

I did find a solution: Set it for sale. Put it back in inventory. Then re-rezz the box.

The 'touch default' works then.

I've been here seven years... never had this come up before!

Hopefully I can pay it forward some day and help someone else.

Thanks!

(04-19-2014 07:32 PM)Giuliana Verrazzano Wrote:  Hi Burke! (and Anna ^^)

All my boxes and cats do this when I set them for sale. Here's what I have found about it:

1. It's not necessary to select "Original" when you set the cat/box for sale. The permission by the creator are no copy so that default setting will, automatically, set the box as "Original" once you set the price and click on apply. This way you eliminate that extra unnecessary step.

2. Once you click apply, the touch buy option will be enabled but only for you. If another avatar touches the box they will get the Info printed in their Local Chat, not the Purchase with one click option you get. I have tested it, I am sure of it Smile If they wish to buy it, they must right click and select buy.

The only way I have found to get rid of the touch/buy option after you set it for sale is to right-click and select Touch from the menu to access the cat/box's menu and then change the format (if it's in Box form switch to Image mode, if it's on Image, change back to Box) then toggle back to the preferred display method (Image/Box). WARNING: this will uncheck the "For Sale" option so you need to set it again. It's a pain, I know... but I have played with it for a while to try to work around it and haven't found a way to sort it out. None of the other options in the cat/box's menu removes the

The good news is that the touch/buy with one click once you set the box for sale happens only on your end and your costumers will be able to access the info when they touch the box/cat without getting the one-click buy option Smile

I hope this helps :^)

Burke Benoir

LiTTLe Bit of EVERYTHiNG

Night Whispers

Thanks given by: Vrem Vaniva
04-19-2014, 10:28 PM
(04-19-2014 08:23 PM)Burke Benoir Wrote:  Thank you so much, you all! Great help from both of you.

I did find a solution: Set it for sale. Put it back in inventory. Then re-rezz the box.

The 'touch default' works then.

Well done! Thanks for sharing what you found! Smile

Giulia.
04-20-2014, 01:17 AM
Oh NOW i get it !

I've just checked pricing a box using Firestorm and indeed pricing behaves the way that you both describe.

I used Phoenix viewer as long as i could and am now on Singularity, so this is why i've never had this issue as all one ever has to do with these old V1 style viewers is to check "buy" and enter a price.

Anyhow, good to know and thanks Burke for bringing this up.
04-20-2014, 06:30 PM

Yah, Ive been using Firestorm as well and have been getting similar anomolies.

Is this strictly a firestorm issue, or are other viewers affected as well?

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2014, 02:09 AM
(04-20-2014 06:30 PM)Winter Phoenix Wrote:  
Yah, Ive been using Firestorm as well and have been getting similar anomolies.

Is this strictly a firestorm issue, or are other viewers affected as well?

Well if you haven't yet tried Singularity and are nostalgic for the old style viewers then I really do recommend giving it a run.
It has, of course all the new features under it's bonnet, but it has the classic V1 interface option and it also seems to run faster and overheat my Mac less than FS does.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)