Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Is there a place I can ask about pricing?
03-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Music Is there a place I can ask about pricing?
Hi everyone Smile I was wondering where I can ask about pricing? I don't have group space to join the pricing group, but have been blessed with a cat who is going to be worth some Lindens ...
I don't see a forum topic, is there somewhere here I can post and ask?

Many thanks! Big Grin

~Beachy

[Image: 38901447082e8c57c5518fd74b146e15.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: Is there a place I can ask about pricing?
I would also like to discuss pricing. I understand that people might be reluctant to reveal their "secret formula", but perhaps we could discuss it in general terms, what people take into account when pricing. I know of a couple of methods, per-trait is the most obvious but doesn't feel right to me.

Barbara

Barbara Collazo
Collazo Cuties
see my in-world profile for locations!
03-20-2014, 05:22 AM
Thanks for your reply Barbara. I've been able to speak with one or two breeders who have helped some with my questions, but yes, I'm still at a loss what to do generally or where to ask ... lol

03-20-2014, 07:49 AM
I'm pretty new and I've been feeling around on this subject as well.
For retro cats - no new traits - I've been taking the 100L per trait rule, and then subtracting 200L from that. I add a bonus into the price for special sizes. This seems to give a realistic middle-range. Now I know that a lot of the retro kitties sell for lower than that because of all sorts of sales, but I am trying to not lowball. I also keep in mind that being a vendor in a kitty market is a lot like having a stall at an antique dealer's shop, where a lot of items may not sell for awhile, but that doesn't mean that, say, such and such depression glass bowl is worth less than it's book value. You just have to wait for the right buyer.

For the newer traits, I cruise markets, but also I think people keep a bell-weather eye on what cats are going for at the live auctions, and then adjust for the relative recessiveness value of the other traits that their own cat has in addition to the new trait present.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
03-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks for your input Ivory! I didn't start with KS to sell cats, had no plan to really, but as you know, these things develop over time and I was overrun by cats, and I had some decent ones. I find SO many places with such different pricing. It's funny, because even the people that I know that want and look for 9T cats, and know the '100L per trait rule', aren't really willing to pay more than a gen cat starter price.
And yes, there's not really a 'guide' to special traits such as size, new traits, LE, and hard to breed traits ...
I didn't know if it was OK to post here, or if we could have an ongoing thread or input as to secondary market pricing, as I think so many people have questions about it. Are we even allowed to ask? Will people discuss their pricing strategies?
What is appropriate for an added bonus for size?
It all started because I actually have a Megapuss Precious Peasant ... it's the only one I've seen, and had no idea where to go with it!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)