Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion - New breeds, new breeds, new traits !
07-17-2011, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2011 09:06 AM by Loviathar Hellman.)
Suggestion - New breeds, new breeds, new traits !
Hellûh, Hellûh,

first thing is : dun see any criticize in this post. I'm just giving here my own observations and what I'd love to suggest to make the kittycats experience even greater.

Second thing is : I don't expect being original about it but didn't find some posts about it and I think that we all agree with it , so let's suggest it here !

We all noticed, I think, that with Meeroos, the Kittycats' side market has been dropping a lot. Of course, we don't all do it for the money but for the pleasure to breed and to get nice kitties. But it would be lying to say that some don't love to make a bit of money by selling their kittycats just to be able to buy food or ... other kittycats they can't breed themselves for some genetics reasons...

Since the prices on the market are very low, it becomes hard for everyone to pay food, rentals except with RL money or linden coming from other business on SL (stores, clubs, anything).

At this point, some people just stop breeding and give up on kittycats, what is sad.

We saw a lot of good things coming like new breeds with the RFL kitties and so on and I perfectly have got conscience that it can be hard to create new breeds & to bring something new all the time.

However, I really think that it would be interesting if a total new list of breeds was added to the actual kittycats. It wouldn't have to be special cats like the RFL or anything but just new starters maybe & new other furs you've got to breed to get.

New traits would also be welcome, I think because it would help us to mix old genes & new genes & get a lot of different cats.

I'm sure it would help the side market and tbh I think that it's the only way to get the kittycats to remain successful and accessible to residents.

Anyway, just sayin' Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2011, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2011 01:54 PM by Vilandra Miles.)
RE: Suggestion - New breeds, new breeds, new traits !
Hello Loviathar,

you might wanna read this "older" news notice here: http://kittycats.biz/blog/?p=233

Not only _are_ new breeds already introduced and will be breedable from the usual starter after tomorrow, there are also a couple of new very desirable eyes and shades, not to mention a brand new ear, that we know is there, but hasn't been officially discovered.

Also, there is gossip saying the new starters might have even some more new breeds in their genes than the RFLs introduced. Although - as always - Callie managed to stay brutally vague on that fact. ^^

I love seeing new traits introduced every here and then, but with time. So far, KittyCats has done a perfect job on that. What "too much at once" can do to a breedable (and esp. the secondary market) can be seen at the moment with another breedable. So, keep the pace, it's perfect! Gives us breeders time to breed and work, instead of getting flushed.

Btw. here's a thread to post new trait suggestions: http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=593

Vila
07-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I agree with Vila's points on this.

In addition, I don't see any slowing of the KC's market. As a matter of fact, its going quite strong. I visit auctions regularly, and every time they are full and we are told that the next one is, too. Every stall at every market is rented. So the secondary market is pretty healthy. Prices are very steady. There's not a lot of fluctuation, except what would be expected as new furs come out and then are bred and go from "rare" to more common.

I think the mistake that the meeroo creators made was to release a flood of new coats within the first 2 months. But, they have proven most of us wrong with their plans on several occasions already so I have refrained from commenting on most of what's happening with meeroos. I don't dare compare meeroos to KC's, not by a longshot. They are two entirely different breedables.

At any rate, I can't say personally I'm in this for any gain, not even for money to pay for food. Yes, it'd be nice, but I don't count on selling anything to make an income. I'm in the breedables game for the fun, the puzzles, and the outcomes.
07-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Thanks for all the informations given. That's precious & nice to hear.

However, about the market slowing down, I think we don't have the same point of view and that's perfectly ok cos it would suck if everyone did.

What I saw is :
- identical twins going for 200L cos no one wants of it... @.@
- Bengals with prices dropping from 6K to 500L in like 3 weeks and those cats are awesomness.
- White russians going down to 1000L
- Russian blues that doesn't worth much anymore while they are amazing kittycats.
& more & more other cases like flair shades not worthing a lot anymore & so & so.

PLUS the fact that to be able to breed meeroos, a lot of people started with sales, selling their cats (even bluepoints or stuff) for 50L. Really, why ?
This is breaking the prices...
My personal experience also shows that I had enough with my sales to cover my food needs for my cats and this is not the case anymore atm.
Yet, it is NOT that important if you love a breedable, you can bring money from other stuff you do inworld or even RL money if you feel like it.
But I mean, I'm trying to stay objective through my own experience & my close friend's experiences going through this. You have the right to disagree or of having different experiences though but here is mine.

Of course I didn't breed a new chateau or an occicat. I can agree & that's still a matter of luck or of what you can handle to purchase on the side market...

Now, about meeroos, there is NOTHING to compare between roos and cats. It's not at all the same story & I'm not gonna debate of what is better cos it has nothing to do.

I'm not in here at all complaining about how it works & I'm not asking for 20 other breeds. But just a bit of newness is always welcome. Now some people may live things differently cos they got more lucky or had money to buy breeds that keep on selling but I'll still think that a charcoal sold for 300L is quite a sad thing...
07-20-2011, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2011 08:51 AM by KittyCatS.)
hi Loviathar Smile

It seems your post was a little bit premature, since just one day after we have introduced new whisker traits, a new breed, and several additional furs and eyes, together with some more stuff in our latest update :-)

We did previously also introduce several other new traits trough the Relay For Life cats, (and before that as well trough special editions)
for which we had promissed to not introduce these in general starters till Relay For Life was over. A promise we kept.

The 18th of July was for that reason a mark in most breeders agenda to get the new starters...
Maybe you didnt know of all this, but i hope this makes some things more clear Smile

Further its logical ofcourse that breeds that get less rare also get less expensive, and you will always find animals priced at the lower end of the market in any breedable.

We ofcourse always try to be up to date, but its hard to catch up with thousands of you breeding... Further it also requires some attention and "smart" descisions of the breeder itself to put its breeding priorities.

Regards
KittyCatS.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)