Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Updated Recessiveness Chart?
03-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Updated Recessiveness Chart?
Hi,

I'm used to checking Saga Felix's chart about the recessiveness levels of traits, but I notice it hasn't been updated in a long while and is missing data about many new furs, eyes and other traits. Is there a new location for the chart? I'm wondering if maybe I have an old link. Or, if not, is anyone else doing a chart about the levels? It was really helpful and I'd love to be able to consult it before buying newer traits.

Thanks!

“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” Jean Cocteau
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Updated Recessiveness Chart?
March 9 was only a week ago. Seems pretty up-to-date to me.

The chart depends upon [usable] reports from users. That can be problematic, especially early on after a discovery, when very few people can even make a report.

My suggestion: if it's not shown on the charts, check the who/when discovery thread to verify it's new. If so then the Pedigree is probably as good as it gets. When you're looking at the Pedigree, if you see is actually is usable, softly suggest the owner submit a report.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2014, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 07:16 AM by MiuKitten Resident.)
In the past, it seemed that as soon as a new trait came out, it was listed in the grey column on the reader's right side under a heading like this: "New and/or VERY UNCERTAIN eyes are listed below here. SEE NOTES below for further info, and do not rely on these eyes' placement just yet." Currently, what's listed on the eye one is Tapestry Harvest and other eyes which came out around the same time. Tapestry Harvest was discovered 22 October, 2013, five months ago, yet it and its ilk are still listed as the newest traits which haven't found their place on the chart yet, though most people have 6-7 generations of cats with those eyes. There's no mention of traits which came out of the Christmas cats, like the Exotic Breeze, which was discovered 25 January, 2014 (almost three months ago) nor any of the recent eyes that have come out in the last 3-4 weeks, like Pewter and Odyssey Skyline. I wouldn't be too surprised if Pewter and those most recent ones haven't found a place yet because people probably only have a generation or two of them so far, but I'm surprised they aren't mentioned yet as the next thing to be watching for and reporting. Lots of people who've gotten them have some idea what they paired their starters with anyway so they are getting a very rough idea of where to work from. I'm wondering if the link I have is outdated and has been moved. For reference, this is what I have: https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0B0_Wqb33nVpnZWYwNGViMGMtYWU4ZS00ZjAyLTk4OTctMzk2YzljODliMDhm

“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” Jean Cocteau
03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
The problem is people are not sending in the information as much as they used to. To even have a vague idea of the range you need those breeding it to give Liriel Garnet the information so she has the information to give.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
 Thanks given by: MiuKitten Resident
03-22-2014, 05:44 PM
True.

But I note that Liriel has added a "last updated" comment at the bottom of the charts. That will probably help a LOT with the questions. She was updating, but with so little information coming in, the changes were pretty hard to spot.
 Thanks given by: MiuKitten Resident
03-22-2014, 06:12 PM
I notice the charts have been updated. Yay!

Thanks Sanura and Tad, what both of you said about there not being enough information coming in to Liriel makes total sense. I hope more people come forward to report their findings with these new traits. And BIG BIG thanks to Liriel for all the hard work!

Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw
03-26-2014, 10:07 PM
(03-22-2014 06:12 PM)MiuKitten Resident Wrote:  I notice the charts have been updated. Yay!

Thanks Sanura and Tad, what both of you said about there not being enough information coming in to Liriel makes total sense. I hope more people come forward to report their findings with these new traits. And BIG BIG thanks to Liriel for all the hard work!

Just keep reminding people to send in info when they find something out about something and hopefully she will get the information she needs.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
03-27-2014, 12:02 PM
(03-26-2014 10:07 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Just keep reminding people to send in info when they find something out about something and hopefully she will get the information she needs.

Great advice! Now I need to get some new traits surprising me in my cattery so I have something to report! Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)