Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Has Any One Done the Math on what it cost to Manifest A NewBorn Kitten ?
03-19-2014, 10:18 PM
RE: Has Any One Done the Math on what it cost to Manifest A NewBorn Kitten ?
K I still haven't factored in the cost of per prim and also the factors of food/milk/vitamins and advertising and time and a few other things that need to be factored into the cost of catching a box. Working on that. but that will take even more work. and a bit more time until I can come up with those numbers

~ Tigger BounceBounce - VeetMesser

*~* This And That Cats *~* Click Here For Taxi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 12:08 AM by Hathor Xaris.)
i find i break even at around 50 -75L a box give or take depends too on how much milk and vitamins I need, and this doesn't factor in costs for overhead of stores this is when i sell it on the marketplace
1 cat food and milk = 310 L per month
Find all posts by this user
03-23-2014, 07:56 AM
Back when I was auctioneering, I was always trying to remind people that one box costs around 150L to produce, and that is without adding the cost of tier. (But also, that is no longer necessarily needed, as we now have the cattery)

While more precise calculations are of course also helpful, this is the ONE number I kept in my head at all times: One breeding pair of kitties that eats kibble and drinks milk ~ 150 L / Week, or 600 L / Month.

Add tier, shop rent, collars, vitamins etc.etc.etc., and KittyCats can indeed be an expensive hobby if you do not manage to sell some cats - but if you have the money that is fine of course.
What saddens me is those that never gave the cost a thought, and ended up ruining themselves due to that. I helped quite a few careless kitty-breeders "sort" their cattery, and it was always a sad task.
That's why I insist people ought to be aware of the cost - so we can remain happy kitty breeders instead of sad ones that has nasty surprises and WAY too many cats.

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: VeetMesser Resident
03-23-2014, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014 03:04 PM by VeetMesser Resident.)
(03-20-2014 12:06 AM)Hathor Xaris Wrote:  i find i break even at around 50 -75L a box give or take depends too on how much milk and vitamins I need, and this doesn't factor in costs for overhead of stores this is when i sell it on the marketplace
1 cat food and milk = 310 L per month

Hathor I'm a bit confused can you please clarify your answer? The way I'm reading it, is that if you sale a Kitten box for 50L to 75L you think you break even?

Because even giving both milk and kibble that you bought in 20 packs ( which saves you a few L$) for a week to a pair of Kitties, cost about L$140 to L$150 for a week. So selling a Kitten box for L$50 to L$75 you are loosing Money! And loosing even more if you factor in other elements like the following but not limited to:
* Your time
* Cost of the pair of Kitties in the 1st place (which can totally vary)
* Cost of Rental Space or Land for your shops
* Cost of the Boxes that may never sale
* and many many other factors that can be added

I must be understanding wrong? Oh maybe you mean L$50 to L$75 per "Trait" and not per "Box"?

(03-23-2014 07:56 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  Back when I was auctioneering, I was always trying to remind people that one box costs around 150L to produce, and that is without adding the cost of tier. (But also, that is no longer necessarily needed, as we now have the cattery)

While more precise calculations are of course also helpful, this is the ONE number I kept in my head at all times: One breeding pair of kitties that eats kibble and drinks milk ~ 150 L / Week, or 600 L / Month.

Add tier, shop rent, collars, vitamins etc.etc.etc., and KittyCats can indeed be an expensive hobby if you do not manage to sell some cats - but if you have the money that is fine of course.
What saddens me is those that never gave the cost a thought, and ended up ruining themselves due to that. I helped quite a few careless kitty-breeders "sort" their cattery, and it was always a sad task.
That's why I insist people ought to be aware of the cost - so we can remain happy kitty breeders instead of sad ones that has nasty surprises and WAY too many cats.
Thank You Saga for your input. Yep About L$150 a box is what I have been told also from many great people like your self Heart
Yes I love the cattery. It totally helped me out when My computer broke. It was the darnedest thing to work right on my cell phone Sad It does work on cell phones just not all cell phones. My new cell it works better. I'm totally working on sorting out my cattery right now. Hoping I still have some RL hair left afterwards lololol. From another post some where I read a comment how a person noticed they had many kitties working on the same goal at the same time. Eliminating some of the extras by putting the life kitties up for sale helped them to Eliminate not only some extra unnecessary mouhts to feed but also kept them less stressed. I too have found that it has helped me better focus on the goals that I want to reach with My little Loves and reach my Goals for them faster and nicer. Smile Which has also reduced my over head cost because of less mistakes means less purchases of "Vits" to fix things. Smile

~ Tigger BounceBounce - VeetMesser

*~* This And That Cats *~* Click Here For Taxi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)