Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Creepiness lately in the forums... :(
03-24-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: Creepiness lately in the forums... :(
I totally agree that KittyCats FAMILY is the most friendly and welcoming. The discussions are also very educational especailly for those just starting up. Since Veet mentioned popcorn I had to share this Video!!!

Popcorn Face Warming Cat

xD Meow
Hope to run into you all in world!

Miza <3

[Image: 13362250504_ac330f5514_z.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2014, 06:20 AM
Thank you all for the kind words in here, it goes a long way to show that there are still funny convos to be had here Big Grin

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident
03-26-2014, 01:51 PM
(03-26-2014 06:20 AM)Tatiana Cheng Wrote:  Thank you all for the kind words in here, it goes a long way to show that there are still funny convos to be had here Big Grin

I think the biggest part of many issues on the forum is people don't fully read or grasp what others are saying, or they read the first part of one of their statements, then immediately click that reply button to argue with an incomplete thought. This probably angers the original poster and causes them to reply in an unsavory way.

Another thing I see is people holding grudges against one person and constantly seeking them out and attacking them on different threads, or spamming their reputation with negative comments over and over. We get it, you hate them, move on.

I think people need to slow down a bit, fully read what someone is trying to say, then think of a response. This alone will put a stop to many misunderstandings. If you don't understand them, PM them instead of replying with questions or comments because you might not fully understand the point they were making. Heck, we all know every single person on here is in Second Life, send them a PM here. You have their exact name and everything.

I for one have had a few people message me in world, about things they didn't understand what I was talking about, but by the end we both came to an understanding, and many of them have become pretty good friends of mine.

As another person said, we're all people behind the computer. The internet is the kingdom of the introvert. Think about how you would feel before you take action. Realize not everyone shares your opinions or beliefs. If you can't, then prepare for backlash.

One final piece of advice: Grow thicker skin. The world is full of nice people, but every person has times when they are in bad moods. Maybe one day they're having a bad day, feel like taking it out on you, which in turn ruins your day. If someone on some forum attacks you, do you REALLY care THAT much about it? Can you really not move on and let it go? Sitting around seething does nothing for anybody, and wastes your time.

Life is too short to let the other 7 billion people ruin it.

[Image: peace.gif]

[Image: heart.gif]
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , PoshJones Resident , Marisa Starbrook
03-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Ethereal, I 100% agree with your post. There are going to be mean/rude/jerks everywhere. KC is one of the nicest communities I have experienced in SL. Yes there will be "grudges" or "haters" because of personality clashes or people just don't agree with each other, but it happens. Remain positive and reap the rewards Smile

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
03-28-2014, 12:52 PM
LOL i love that pic! great posts!

Posh
[Image: 90fd9561-d0f9-4059-a7eb-460f4b34671d_zps9ff2614f.jpg]
03-28-2014, 02:10 PM
what i love about our community is, it is overall kind. is it perfect? not in the least. the only way it could be perfect is if each person in it was perfect, and i think that's impossible.

going directly to a person i've found is such an effective way to work things out. it's hard though i think. sometimes it's easier to keep our "story" of what we think happened, and gossip to others. i am for sure guilty of that in my life.

i so appreciate when someone approaches me privately, and if they are gentle that helps me even more. sometimes they can be angry and that makes it a bit harder for me to "listen" but i don't blame them for that... when people are hurt or angry they don't act like they do when not angry or hurt. so it's understandable. i too am guilty of that.

i really love when a perceived difference can be worked out between 2 people privately. and it's less messy without having others involved.

i really think all of us want kindness, peace, safety, fun, and sometimes we forget that when we have differing opinions... we can start to see someone as an enemy when they are really just like us...

for me this community, is one of the kindest i've been part of in sl. the other was just as great and i miss them terribly but the kindness that we all had rubbed off big time! Smile

anyway, i wanted to chime in. i think this is a great community and it's so diverse... sometimes when there is an issue we don't like, we think that is the whole... which is understandable too as that is what we are focusing on.

thanks for sharing.

you all really enlighten me and teach me a lot!
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , PoshJones Resident , Skippy Beresford , AmoreJade Cyberstar , Marisa Starbrook , JC Aferdita , Mizaki Resident
03-28-2014, 08:04 PM
(03-28-2014 12:52 PM)PoshJones Resident Wrote:  LOL i love that pic! great posts!

I actually made that specifically for that post. There are some like it floating around, but I wanted a personal touch added in Tongue

[Image: heart.gif]
 Thanks given by: Marisa Starbrook
03-28-2014, 10:37 PM
In addition to what's been said here, not everyone who breeds KittyCatS! speaks perfect English. When you speak it as a second language it can come across wrong, unintentionally, especially in text on a forum. Tone doesn't translate. As said above...at the end of the day, you don't really know these people and who cares? Agree to disagree and move on. The best defense against forum trolls is to stop responding to them. That annoys them more than anything. Smile

~ Zev
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Mizaki Resident
03-28-2014, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 06:15 PM by Winter Phoenix.)

Back in 1983, Jerry Schwarz ( old timey IRC abuser) in a post on Usenet

expressed this early example of POE'S LAW.

'Without the voice inflection and body language of personal communication
these are easily misinterpreted.
A sideways smile, :-), has become widely accepted on the net as an indication that
"I'm only kidding".
If you submit a satiric item without this symbol,
no matter how obvious the satire is to you,
do not be surprised if people take it seriously'

Totally true.

I tick off at least three people a week who think

some of my most outrageous statements are for real.

I'm sure some of this is due to language differences,

but some people just naturally jump to conclusions.

I had Callie Cline show up once to yell at me for picking on some crazy person.

I was like... " SAY WHAAAAT??? " and then I said,

" hey Callie, if you gimme one of those twenty foot red foxies I'll be yer best friend. "

She did not, and teleported me to the nearest n00b hub for my insolence. Wink

USE THOSE WINKIES!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
 Thanks given by: AmoreJade Cyberstar , Mizaki Resident
03-30-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm glad this thread was created, because sometimes we forget, we only human. OH!
AND CALLIE!
Caaaaaallliiiiieeeeeee? Can we like have a movie night at the mainstore? Big Grin Pretty pleeaaaase? I promise I won't eat all the cookies!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)