Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Help pricing a kitty.
03-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Help pricing a kitty.
Hello everyone, just wondering how to fairly price a kitty. I know that it is only an estimate as there are many factors that can affect the "worth", in a sense, of a kitty, but I'm looking for a ballpark value.
I've tried asking around but have gotten drastically different numbers,
($15k which seems way too high and under $1k, to me seems a bit low) so thought I would ask here, because I want to be fair when pricing. Don't really sell many cats at all, so your help and opinions are very appreciated. Thank you.

New Born Kitten

Fur: Genesis - Diamond IV
Eyes: Serenity (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Stubby
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Guitar)
Size: Normal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 01:15 PM by Gloria Marchant.)
RE: Help pricing a kitty.
Hi Keerla, it's up to you, hun. Why don't you try bid boards or auctions? Set up a minimum price you're confortable with and let people bid.

The CatHouse
(( MARKETPLACE ))
(( IN-WORLD SHOP ))

03-11-2014, 02:43 PM
agreed. i have tried all sorts of pricing in my shop and things rarely sell from there. I'm usually not disapointed in the bid boards or auctions though. If you set a price that you think might be too low, and you can get people bidding on it, you can at least sell the cat.

if you have a 50K L cat, even if it is worh that, and no one ever buys it, it is financially the same as if you have a 200L cat that no one ever buys.
03-11-2014, 03:33 PM
I agree with the others. The most important thing when pricing cats are 'what do I feel is fair for this cat?' and bidboards are great if you honestly and really don't know.
03-13-2014, 03:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply and offering advice, it was very helpful.

Happy breeding!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)