Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Censorship? ~ { Thread Close Request Under Pressure of KC }
03-09-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Censorship?
(03-09-2014 01:18 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 01:09 PM)Julia Merosi Wrote:  
Quote:"The thread will not be deleted. However it will be moved to a staff-only section for the Development Team to review."

that is a part of the message i got from a CSR about moving the thread to staff-only

Oke I understand that is weird though unless I missed something it looked like a normal discussion.
Did you receive that after a request to delete the thread?
Because honestly I was pretty shocked.

as i told in thread after lots of ppl asked me to keep it running i left it as it was. I didn't even know that i, as a creator of a thread, aren't able anymore to close it/delete it. Well now i know ^^. Didn't sent any request to take it offline. i got informed by a friend this night by email that the thread has been closed and got send some screenshots with the last comments on the thread before it was "moved/closed" by KC CSR.

I agree with you Kay too, thats why i also changed my mind and wanted to leave it running, that it is important to see different opinions.

For myself, after all the "drama" some make now to me to have an opinion, i decided not open any thread again. Also i think some ppl just got me mistaken but well. shoot me now.

But something about the 2nd last comment in my thread. i DO breed starters/collectors....and most of the ppl who know me, know also that i breed them until 121 days or until i found each and every single hidden trait. Because i have fun Smile
And yeah. 2 friends and me invested 100k into a kitty shown 2 new traits that time...now what? am i bad now? am i bad that we paid 100k together for a cat we really wanted? and guess what? we got also starters/collectors and still breed them. wow...both works together...

*gets back into her cattery to see what her starters are doing*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Eurydice Barzane
03-09-2014, 02:00 PM
(03-09-2014 10:57 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  LOLL Kay you beat me to it with this thread Tongue

I don't believe it was the OP who deleted though, in fact i'm not even sure we actually can delete our own threads now.

If in fact it is the team's decision it's a new one, on me anyhow; there have been good reasons to close a thread a few times but i don't think they've actually ever deleted a thread.
And anyhow there have certainly been far more abusive threads before that haven't been sent to the trash, or even closed.
It did maybe stir up a rather large hornets nest behind the scenes so they may have been put in a rather compromising position too, idk.
But if the team is starting to censor now, it is of course their absolute right but would be a very bad move IMO.
Rumors and other would become even more rife and cancerous if no way to publicly air opinions.

Anyhow i'm waiting to know what has actually happened before expounding, or not. ( Edit : oh wait i just did Big Grin )

ROFL! Anna did you really speculate there?
I would never do such a thing ever! Dodgy

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
03-09-2014, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 02:20 PM by Quantic Kimono.)
Well I had a thread that was deleted previously. There is no such a thing like being able to delete a thread ourselves. I tried.

As kitten called it " it was moved to moderation zone". Basically it is about keeping the house "clean" whenever does not suit the business interests.

At the time I was really upset ( as I know Julia is be at the moment ) and I was explained that it was because the person accused herself. (then please remove only the comment from that person).

Therefore, on this occasion, I guess what happened was the same, the person came out of the bushes and wanted a bit of protagonism. So, it seems that the procedure is to "take off air" whatever does not suit the business.
(But isn't the business about us?, that's the rhetorical question for today)

There was a very good discussion about the amount of traits we have on a very short space of time, as well. Quite interesting as I seem to agree with all the points that were being discussed.

There was a lot of opinions that were extremely useful and enlightening.

Quantic has decided that she will only breed cats during Winter time, it ends with Spring collection and will get back with Halloween.

These things are made light heart with very few care for the people who started a thread just because they feel something isn't right... instead of providing possible solutions, censorship seems easier and faster to resolve things.

And that's all for the moment.
03-09-2014, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 04:18 PM by Equinox Pinion.)
(03-09-2014 09:53 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Either I don't look well enough and the post in which many took the time to share their viewpoint still excists or it is deleted.
If one person really can decide 8 pages of community efforts and relevance can be deleted from the forum there is absolutely no use to voice our opinions on a variety of topics.
I for one have better things to do than spending time to deliberately voice my opinion and as such to create a documentation with the rest of the community if it is just deleted with a click of the mouse.

In my country censorship is one of the worst things.

Don't worry I won't delete this thread if you say something I don't like Smile

Kayleigh,

We dont do censorship! We want that you are free to express your honest opinion in the forum as we want to hear it!

It was a wrong judgement call from a moderator which is NOT our company policy and I am sorry for it. We all learn Smile I moved the thread back, feel free to post on it. Just stay respectful to each other as people have different opinion and that what makes life more interesting Smile

The moderator moved the thread because people were attacking each other, not KittyCatS. Please do not do that in the forum, respect is really what we are asking for, even if you dont agree with someone's opinion, there is always away to tell them in a respectful way.

Thank you!
Equi
 Thanks given by: Quantic Kimono , Julia Merosi , Keltora Edenbaum , anna Acanthus
03-09-2014, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 03:25 PM by Quantic Kimono.)
The thread is closed... therefore we are unable to continue...
Even Dogs get their shamming proper place... why not shamming avatars?

http://www.dogshaming.com

(something for having fun)
03-09-2014, 04:18 PM
(03-09-2014 03:14 PM)Equinox Pinion Wrote:  Kayleigh,

We dont do censorship! We want that you are free to express your honest opinion in the forum as we want to hear it!

The person in her new role as super moderator did a wrong judgement call and I am sorry for it. We all learn Smile I moved the thread back, feel free to post on it. Just stay respectful to each other as people have different opinion and that what makes life more interesting Smile

The moderator moved the thread because people were attacking each other, not KittyCatS. Please do not do that in the forum, respect is really what we are asking for, even if you dont agree with someone's opinion, there is always away to tell them in a respectful way.

Thank you!
Equi

That is only human to make mistakes I understand Smile
Thank you for explaining!

Retro Kitties Showroom »

03-10-2014, 04:07 AM
(03-09-2014 02:00 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  ROFL! Anna did you really speculate there?
I would never do such a thing ever! Dodgy

Of course !
I know you'd never even dream of it Angel
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
03-12-2014, 11:14 AM
RE: Censorship? ~ { Thread Close Request Under Pressure of KC }
Thread Close Request Under Pressure of KC

Retro Kitties Showroom »

03-12-2014, 11:48 AM
(03-12-2014 11:14 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Thread Close Request Under Pressure of KC

I'm confused, are you asking KC to close the thread, or KC asking you to close it?

Nacht's Landing
ScratchN Shop
03-12-2014, 11:56 AM
(03-12-2014 11:48 AM)Nocshadue Balbozar Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 11:14 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Thread Close Request Under Pressure of KC

I'm confused, are you asking KC to close the thread, or KC asking you to close it?

Yes

Retro Kitties Showroom »

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)