Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Censorship? ~ { Thread Close Request Under Pressure of KC }
03-09-2014, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 11:13 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Question Censorship? ~ { Thread Close Request Under Pressure of KC }
Either I don't look well enough and the post in which many took the time to share their viewpoint still excists or it is deleted.
If one person really can decide 8 pages of community efforts and relevance can be deleted from the forum there is absolutely no use to voice our opinions on a variety of topics.
I for one have better things to do than spending time to deliberately voice my opinion and as such to create a documentation with the rest of the community if it is just deleted with a click of the mouse.

In my country censorship is one of the worst things.

Don't worry I won't delete this thread if you say something I don't like Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Katrin Bracken
03-09-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: Censorship?
(03-09-2014 09:53 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Either I don't look well enough and the post in which many took the time to share their viewpoint still excists or it is deleted.
If one person really can decide 8 pages of community efforts and relevance can be deleted from the forum there is absolutely no use to voice our opinions on a variety of topics.
I for one have better things to do than spending time to deliberately voice my opinion and as such to create a documentation with the rest of the community if it is just deleted with a click of the mouse.

In my country censorship is one of the worst things.
I can't find it either Kayleigh. The OP said she was locking the thread, but I guess a good discussion of real issues is not encouraged here. Will our posts be censored too?
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
03-09-2014, 10:10 AM
(03-09-2014 10:00 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  I can't find it either Kayleigh. The OP said she was locking the thread, but I guess a good discussion of real issues is not encouraged here. Will our posts be censored too?

LOL I sure hope not!

Retro Kitties Showroom »

03-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Hi Kayleigh. Had the same happening in the past. Nothing new.

The problem is that the person came out with a big bla bla bla and as soon as the person accused himself the thread was condemned to be censored.
03-09-2014, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 11:01 AM by anna Acanthus.)
LOLL Kay you beat me to it with this thread Tongue

I don't believe it was the OP who deleted though, in fact i'm not even sure we actually can delete our own threads now.

If in fact it is the team's decision it's a new one, on me anyhow; there have been good reasons to close a thread a few times but i don't think they've actually ever deleted a thread.
And anyhow there have certainly been far more abusive threads before that haven't been sent to the trash, or even closed.
It did maybe stir up a rather large hornets nest behind the scenes so they may have been put in a rather compromising position too, idk.
But if the team is starting to censor now, it is of course their absolute right but would be a very bad move IMO.
Rumors and other would become even more rife and cancerous if no way to publicly air opinions.

Anyhow i'm waiting to know what has actually happened before expounding, or not. ( Edit : oh wait i just did Big Grin )
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
03-09-2014, 11:43 AM
hey all. i am also not amused but well. wasn't me who has deleted/moved to staff only. just saying.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2014, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 12:52 PM by KittyCats Resident.)
Could you clarify which thread you mean? Do you have the title?

Our team does not delete threads. In some cases we move them to the appropriate categories.

Until a few months ago, a person who started a forum thread could delete that entire thread, including all posts of those who responded. For that reason we have disabled this ability now, but we can't bring back what got deleted before.

Thanx in advance
KittyCatS
03-09-2014, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 01:14 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(03-09-2014 12:43 PM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  Could you clarify which thread you mean? Do you have the title?

Our team does not delete threads. In some cases we move them to the appropriate categories.

Until a few months ago, a person who started a forum thread could delete that entire thread, including all posts of those who responded. For that reason we have disabled this ability now, but we can't bring back what got deleted before.

Thanx in advance
KittyCatS

Hi KittyCats Smile

Thank you for asking!
The thread was located here: http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.ph...063&page=7

P.s the exact name of the thread I don't know but it was a request from Julia to limit the amount of special kitties one can obtain so it may be the feedback corner or the general discussions section.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

03-09-2014, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 01:10 PM by Julia Merosi.)
Quote:"The thread will not be deleted. However it will be moved to a staff-only section for the Development Team to review."

that is a part of the message i got from a CSR about moving the thread to staff-only
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2014, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 01:41 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(03-09-2014 01:09 PM)Julia Merosi Wrote:  
Quote:"The thread will not be deleted. However it will be moved to a staff-only section for the Development Team to review."

that is a part of the message i got from a CSR about moving the thread to staff-only

Oke I understand that is weird though unless I missed something it looked like a normal discussion.
Did you receive that after you requested to delete the thread?
Because honestly I was pretty shocked.
And since you planned yesterday to let the team delete the thread and reconsidered this later I thought today you changed your mind and requested a deletion anyway.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)