Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Lack Of Information?
02-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Question Lack Of Information?
Hello KittyCatS Team!

First off I would like to state what an amazing and smooth opening the release went! I am very impressed. I'm quickly falling in love with your product. The KittyCatS are amazing quality and the team is nothing less than spectacular. I noticed the various questions being asked in chat and wondered why there was a lack of information available on general mechanics of the cats. We as consumers may not understand the amount of work involved in creating these amazing products, but I can assure you it doesn't go unnoticed. We understand that there are several components to making this company run smoothly and requires a lot of time and effort. I feel that the information lacking may cause others to be skeptical and in turn feel that the product is not complete. A small operating manual would be so beneficial in explaining simple terms and usage of the KittyCatS. Perhaps a small compilation of simple FAQs (more so than the website provides) to how they operate could be quickly noted on a notecard till an official more solid manual is available. The lack of information on the website also is slightly intimidating when deciding a breedable. I would be more than glad to compile a FAQs notecard to have approved by a team member to be distributed in the meantime while the team is busy working on other important aspects of the KittyCatS. Again thank you so much for the wonderful product and the great times I will have ahead with them!

Kirakah Little

----------
Owner of Little Breeders
Blogger for Breedables Inc.
----------
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
RE: Lack Of Information?
(02-10-2011 02:30 PM)Kirakah Little Wrote:  Hello KittyCatS Team!

First off I would like to state what an amazing and smooth opening the release went! I am very impressed. I'm quickly falling in love with your product. The KittyCatS are amazing quality and the team is nothing less than spectacular. I noticed the various questions being asked in chat and wondered why there was a lack of information available on general mechanics of the cats. We as consumers may not understand the amount of work involved in creating these amazing products, but I can assure you it doesn't go unnoticed. We understand that there are several components to making this company run smoothly and requires a lot of time and effort. I feel that the information lacking may cause others to be skeptical and in turn feel that the product is not complete. A small operating manual would be so beneficial in explaining simple terms and usage of the KittyCatS. Perhaps a small compilation of simple FAQs (more so than the website provides) to how they operate could be quickly noted on a notecard till an official more solid manual is available. The lack of information on the website also is slightly intimidating when deciding a breedable. I would be more than glad to compile a FAQs notecard to have approved by a team member to be distributed in the meantime while the team is busy working on other important aspects of the KittyCatS. Again thank you so much for the wonderful product and the great times I will have ahead with them!

Kirakah Little

WoW thats really nice of you to offer to do that!!!!
02-10-2011, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 07:22 PM by Admin Resident.)
(02-10-2011 02:30 PM)Kirakah Little Wrote:  Hello KittyCatS Team!

Kirakah Little

There is a pretty detailed manual avaible on the website: http://www.kiitycats.biz/manual/ can you let me know what you miss in it? and thanks for the offer : )

[Image: a_catbox.gif]
02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
First off I think the kitties are beautiful and I am very excited about mine. But I am also not finding much information.

I've read through the manual and I can't find answers to a lot of questions. No where does it say what all of the little symbols mean http://gyazo.com/c01c4d41937ca05f006e6aab1c16962f.png I can see age, happiness, love, but what are the other 2?

Also once a cat is ready to breed how long does it take and how many kittens? Is it just one at a time? Once a week?
Sorry I've never done any breeding in SL.

Also I understood that they would have a perma-pet option and I don't see that anywhere on the menu.
Thanks!
02-12-2011, 11:42 AM
(02-12-2011 10:17 AM)Anastasia Trefusis Wrote:  First off I think the kitties are beautiful and I am very excited about mine. But I am also not finding much information.

I've read through the manual and I can't find answers to a lot of questions. No where does it say what all of the little symbols mean http://gyazo.com/c01c4d41937ca05f006e6aab1c16962f.png I can see age, happiness, love, but what are the other 2?

Also once a cat is ready to breed how long does it take and how many kittens? Is it just one at a time? Once a week?

Also I understood that they would have a perma-pet option and I don't see that anywhere on the menu.
Thanks!

You can see the stats explained here: http://kittycats.biz/manual/index.php?ti...CatS_Stats

Breeding is explained here : http://kittycats.biz/manual/index.php?ti...eding_Info

The perma pet option will be explained when we release it.

Hope that helps!

02-12-2011, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 11:45 AM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
(02-12-2011 10:17 AM)Anastasia Trefusis Wrote:  First off I think the kitties are beautiful and I am very excited about mine. But I am also not finding much information.

Thanks!

Hi Anastasia! Thanks for your input. Regarding the stats, you can see the list of them here: KittyCatS Stats

As you can see, it is in the manual. A description of the stats was also included in a "Fast Facts" notecard that I sent to the group yesterday. Hopefully those pieces of information make the stat symbols seem less confusing!

Regarding how long breeding takes, there is information here in the manual: Breeding

To clarify further, once your kitten is unpacked from their box it takes 7 days for them to become an adult. Once they become an adult they will start gaining their Love stat. When their Love stat reaches 100%, they are ready to breed. It can take up to 10 days for an adult cat to be ready to breed, though you can shorten this time by giving them Vita-Milk and/or Love Vitamins. When you have a male and female cat that are both at 100% Love (also >80% happiness, <25% hunger, >25% energy) then they will breed.

Generally speaking, if left on the breeder setting and given Vita-Milk, your cats will breed about once a week. Most cats will have one kitten (though I've heard multiple births could be possible.)

Regarding the Perma Pet feature, that is a separate kit that will be sold in the store (it's not yet available) that you will use to apply to your cat to turn them into a permanent pet. In the meantime, you can put your cat on the Pet setting via the menu so that they consume less food. However if you decide to switch your cat back to breeding, it will need to be on the Breeder setting for 7 days before it will gain Love again.

I hope I've answered your questions. if you have any others, or need more clarification, please don't hesitate to ask. Smile

Edit: SmartKittyCat beat me to the punch! LOL!

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
02-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Hello! I have a few questions that I didn't see in the manual or on the FAQ card, and thought this might be the thread to add to.

I inquired in chat about the Happiness stat and how cats increase in Happiness (since Happiness is required for breeding). I was informed that Happiness fluctuates naturally due to other stats (sleeping, eating). I'm not sure if holding cats raises Happiness or if anything else adds to it, however. I think this may be something to add to your manual, since Happiness is a key stat in breeding -- and in the past I have pulled my hair out over Happiness with other breedables. It would be nice if it were simpler with KittyCats *hope hope*!

On that line of thinking, I totally love the idea that cats don't require boosters to keep Happiness up (thank you!). However, I'm a bit concerned. I've watched my kitties carefully through the daily cycle and have not observed any cat with a Happiness of over 80%. The manual states that cats must have above 80% to breed. Most of mine stay in the 70 - 75% range... and the most I've seen is 76% on one occasion. Does this change for adults when they start to gain love? Is there something I should be doing to help this? Otherwise, I don't see my poor kitties ever being happy enough for breeding. This might be something to clarify in the manual as well.

And one last thought, about the Love stat.

Are there any requirements that need to be met for the Love stat to rise? Do they need a certain happiness, hunger, energy, etc? Or does the stat just automatically rise, no matter what, once the cat is adult? Does the stat rise during sleep, or only when awake?

These are all of the questions that I looked for but couldn't find an answer to. Hope this might help! If I've overlooked the answers, I apologize! My kitties will shortly be adult, as will others, so I'm thinking about what I can do to get them ready for a first breeding.

That being said... I'm loving my kitties -- they feel like living pets to me and I hope to be a part of KittyCats for a long time! Thank you! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2011, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2011 08:28 AM by Admin Resident.)
(02-12-2011 03:08 PM)Aywren Wrote:  Hello! I have a few questions that I didn't see in the manual or on the FAQ card, and thought this might be the thread to add to.

I inquired in chat about the Happiness stat and how cats increase in Happiness (since Happiness is required for breeding). I was informed that Happiness fluctuates naturally due to other stats (sleeping, eating). I'm not sure if holding cats raises Happiness or if anything else adds to it, however. I think this may be something to add to your manual, since Happiness is a key stat in breeding -- and in the past I have pulled my hair out over Happiness with other breedables. It would be nice if it were simpler with KittyCats *hope hope*!

On that line of thinking, I totally love the idea that cats don't require boosters to keep Happiness up (thank you!). However, I'm a bit concerned. I've watched my kitties carefully through the daily cycle and have not observed any cat with a Happiness of over 80%. The manual states that cats must have above 80% to breed. Most of mine stay in the 70 - 75% range... and the most I've seen is 76% on one occasion. Does this change for adults when they start to gain love? Is there something I should be doing to help this? Otherwise, I don't see my poor kitties ever being happy enough for breeding. This might be something to clarify in the manual as well.

And one last thought, about the Love stat.

Are there any requirements that need to be met for the Love stat to rise? Do they need a certain happiness, hunger, energy, etc? Or does the stat just automatically rise, no matter what, once the cat is adult? Does the stat rise during sleep, or only when awake?

These are all of the questions that I looked for but couldn't find an answer to. Hope this might help! If I've overlooked the answers, I apologize! My kitties will shortly be adult, as will others, so I'm thinking about what I can do to get them ready for a first breeding.

That being said... I'm loving my kitties -- they feel like living pets to me and I hope to be a part of KittyCats for a long time! Thank you! Smile

Happiness is influenced by hunger, energy, milk and cuddling...they will only be able to breed if they are not hungry and have the needed energy. You don't need to worry your KittyCatS will be just fine to breed if they are not hungry : )

The only requirement for them to gain love is for them not to be hungry or sick or being on pet food before (which makes them pause for 7 days) They do gain love too when they sleep. Feeding them with milk increases the love gaining by 30% compared to without milk.

If you have more questions just let me know it Smile

Thanks given by: Aywren Sojourner
02-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Wonderful -- thank you very much for these answers so quickly! I'm really looking forward to breeding my kitties now more than ever. Smile

Thank you all for providing such a life-like and lovely pet without all the hassle and worries I've had with pets in the past. It's so nice not to worry about boosters and sick pills... these and other design choices you've made with your kitties have made them my new first choice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:On that line of thinking, I totally love the idea that cats don't require boosters to keep Happiness up (thank you!). However, I'm a bit concerned. I've watched my kitties carefully through the daily cycle and have not observed any cat with a Happiness of over 80%. The manual states that cats must have above 80% to breed. Most of mine stay in the 70 - 75% range... and the most I've seen is 76% on one occasion. Does this change for adults when they start to gain love?

Yes!! Happiness really doesn't matter until they're adults and it will change when gain love... it's almost like they get giddy with a higher love!!!
 Thanks given by: Aywren Sojourner

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)