Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

No Dock, No Bottle? No Problem!
03-03-2014, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 09:46 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
No Dock, No Bottle? No Problem!
Here are some things which can be handy to know about when you need them.

Check the Cattery without a Dock

Sometimes you just want to look at what's in your Cattery as if you'd used a Dock but don't want to send any cats in-world.

This can be handy since the page you see when you use your Dock is the only KittyCatS! web page which reliably lists all the cats you have in your Cattery. You can access this page, without having to log into Second Life and use your Dock, using the following link:

http://kittycats.biz/online/get_cat.php

You will need to be already logged in to the KittyCatS! web site.

If you accidentally click on a cat, don't worry. Since you did not use a Dock, it can not be sent back in-world. Simply wait a moment, then refresh the page and the cat will re-appear.

Check the (short-term) Menagerie without a Magic Bottle

Just as you can look at what is currently in your Cattery, you can see what you recently sent to the Menagerie; and could retrieve if you had used a Bottle, using the following link:

http://kittycats.biz/online/get_cat.php?m=1

If you accidentally click on a cat, don't worry. Since you did not use a Bottle, it can not be retrieved from the Menagerie. Simply wait a moment, then refresh the page and the cat will re-appear.

Check the (long-term) Menagerie without a Miracle Menagerie Bottle

Just as you can look at what is currently in your Cattery, you can see what you long ago sent to the Menagerie; and could retrieve if you had used a Bottle, using the following link:

http://kittycats.biz/online/get_cat.php?m=2

If you accidentally click on a cat, don't worry. Since you did not use a Bottle, it can not be retrieved from the Menagerie. Simply wait a moment, then refresh the page and the cat will re-appear and does not count against your limit of 3.

Note that once you hit your limit of 3, you'll still see an error message.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , CatSoleil Bellecoeur , Kayleigh McMillan , PoshJones Resident , Crepe Myrtle , MarissaCloud Resident , Lostime Resident , Julia Merosi , Mizaki Resident , Vampiva Belfire , MiuKitten Resident , zivaah Resident , Priestess Firanelli , RoxonAve Resident , Winter Phoenix , Eurydice Barzane , Saxoni Fenstalker , Lydia Sands , Devilness Chant , Cygnoir Blanc
03-04-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: No Dock, No Bottle? No Problem!
I knew about the cattery link but the others. Thanks, Tad
Find all posts by this user
03-04-2014, 06:24 AM
(03-03-2014 09:42 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  ... Just as you can look at what is currently in your Cattery, you can see what you long ago sent to the Menagerie; and could retrieve if you had used a Bottle, using the following link:

Cool! Thank you so much for sharing this info! I've only used 2 of my 3 chances to retrieve long-ago-menagerie'd cats. It has been such a trip to be able to see all of the cats I've ever sent to menagerie that I've thought about saving that 'third chance' just to be able to retain the ability to see these cats again. But now that you've shared this link....... hmmmm, I need to decide which will be the 3rd cat brought back to me! Smile

(As a side note, it's pleasantly reassuring to see these cats in menagerie and realize that, for the most part, I still think I made good choices --- and would probably make the same ones again! How often does that happen, in Real or Second Life?!)

Tad, thanks for continually sharing your technical knowledge and your reflections on "probability." I find your posts fascinating and enlightening! (And your Build-a-Cat creation is both awesome AND dangerous!)

CAT'S CATS
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." (Leonardo da Vinci)
03-04-2014, 12:45 PM
(03-03-2014 09:42 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Here are some things which can be handy to know about when you need them.

Check the Cattery without a Dock

Sometimes you just want to look at what's in your Cattery as if you'd used a Dock but don't want to send any cats in-world.

This can be handy since the page you see when you use your Dock is the only KittyCatS! web page which reliably lists all the cats you have in your Cattery. You can access this page, without having to log into Second Life and use your Dock, using the following link:

http://kittycats.biz/online/get_cat.php

If you accidentally click on a cat, don't worry. Since you did not use a Dock, it can not be sent back in-world. Simply wait a moment, then refresh the page and the cat will re-appear.

Check the (short-term) Menagerie without a Magic Bottle

Just as you can look at what is currently in your Cattery, you can see what you recently sent to the Menagerie; and could retrieve if you had used a Bottle, using the following link:

http://kittycats.biz/online/get_cat.php?m=1

If you accidentally click on a cat, don't worry. Since you did not use a Bottle, it can not be retrieved from the Menagerie. Simply wait a moment, then refresh the page and the cat will re-appear.

Check the (long-term) Menagerie without a Miracle Menagerie Bottle

Just as you can look at what is currently in your Cattery, you can see what you long ago sent to the Menagerie; and could retrieve if you had used a Bottle, using the following link:

If you accidentally click on a cat, don't worry. Since you did not use a Bottle, it can not be retrieved from the Menagerie. Simply wait a moment, then refresh the page and the cat will re-appear and does not count against your limit of 3.

Note that once you hit your limit of 3, you'll still see an error message.

Well, these are definately helpful. However, I opened another thread in regards to viewing one's menagerie in general. http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=14020

It would be nice to have a button that would show us menagerie items somewhat like the cattery does. So we can see what we have done with all our kittens. I think this is just good organization. Maybe even a tab under the cattery. eh, just my thoughts Smile

Posh
[Image: 90fd9561-d0f9-4059-a7eb-460f4b34671d_zps9ff2614f.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Eurydice Barzane
03-04-2014, 01:00 PM
People have been requesting that since Update 1.05 (in 2011) when the Menagerie was added to the game (long before the Cattery appeared).

In response, once upon a time, someone KittyCatS appeared to promise some sort of view into the cats you've sent in to the Menagerie.

Since it took three years to get it, I'm thinking the Miracle Bottle (the link m=2, above) is about as close as we'll ever get.

I love KittyCatS and think they have a lot going right. "Good organization" isn't one of them.
 Thanks given by: PoshJones Resident
03-04-2014, 01:07 PM
(03-04-2014 01:00 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  People have been requesting that since Update 1.05 (in 2011) when the Menagerie was added to the game (long before the Cattery appeared).

In response, once upon a time, someone KittyCatS appeared to promise some sort of view into the cats you've sent in to the Menagerie.

Since it took three years to get it, I'm thinking the Miracle Bottle (the link m=2, above) is about as close as we'll ever get.

I love KittyCatS and think they have a lot going right. "Good organization" isn't one of them.

lol... thanks for the info Tad!

well, I am amazed at the setup they have so far for sure. I figure there are others like me that are not attached to in world all the time and online checking and working is very helpful. I will put something in the correct thread to maybe run this by them again. I am also thinking that maybe they don't really want us seeing what we gave up LOL for some odd reason >.< idk

I have another bug thing going on that I would love your input on if you don't mind me sending you a PM?

Posh
03-04-2014, 01:23 PM
PMs are OK but I'm not your tech weenie so keep it reasonable Smile
03-04-2014, 01:26 PM
(03-04-2014 01:23 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  PMs are OK but I'm not your tech weenie so keep it reasonable Smile

LOL.. well, be blunt Tongue no, just fairly new to all this and want you to see what i see before i throw it out there and look a fool Tongue gah! i feel a strong friendship building here! Tongue

Posh
 Thanks given by: MarissaCloud Resident
03-05-2014, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 06:03 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(03-04-2014 01:26 PM)PoshJones Resident Wrote:  LOL.. well, be blunt Tongue no, just fairly new to all this and want you to see what i see before i throw it out there and look a fool Tongue gah! i feel a strong friendship building here! Tongue

LOL! Tad is totally Tad sometimes.
Hard to copycat that one xD
Tad, I need you as my techie weener would you Huh?

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: MarissaCloud Resident
06-14-2014, 07:48 PM
3 months later and I still refer back to this thread for the links. It's still very useful. Thanks again, Tad.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)