Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Will fancies ever be up for sale?
02-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Will fancies ever be up for sale?
I have fallen in love with the Ocicat Lavendar Dream and Bengal Indigo Indulgence. Haven't been able to get any jewels and i understand they are rare so very hard to find but will they ever be up for sale? I mean its cool that they are that rare you need to collect things for them but its hard to get what is needed. I still love the kitties i do have. Its just a thought or idea maybe even do it for a limited time or something Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: Will fancies ever be up for sale?
I highly doubt KittyCatS would ever sell them directly as it would be a bit of a slap in the face to those who have invested in buying gems to get their Fancie Cats. Not to mention every Fancie Cat gives a gem every time it is bred so that would be a HUGE change it the way the "game" is played. You could post in the wanted section of the forums and see if there are people who would be willing to sell their retired Fancie's

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2014, 12:21 AM
I've sold several of my retired fancies, though I don't have any for sale at the moment. I see them offered from time to time around the marketplaces. They are still extremely rare, so they usually are costly.

Sanura is right, post in the Wanted Forum and see what happens.

Good luck! (As a fellow purple lover, I admire your taste in Fancies!)

Adrienne
02-25-2014, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 12:35 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
Lessee -- I'm estimating about 3,250 boxes produced per day (with a wide margin of error, perhaps +/-250).

Given the rate at which Charm is getting gems, I'll be generous and guess a gem appears, somewhere, about every other day.

Let's say they're evenly distributed by type (which seems unlikely, but is easy to work with), and let's assume all gems make it to a Single Gem Collector, for perfect Fancie production.

We'd expect to see a Fancie cat every 40 days .. call it "once a month".

That means we'd expect there's maybe as 5 or 6 breeding boxes and producing more gems at any given time; that's another 60 or so gems for, say 4 more.

So, I'd guess there's no more than a dozen breeding, today and, three, maybe four, dozen who've aged out and might be around somewhere.

But, of course, there's a lot of guess-work in that estimate.

So, since KittyCatS will never sell them, I'd suggest, for those already in existence, the answer to question "When will be see them for sale" is probably "Too late, they've already been sold to collectors" and, for those coming in the future it's "Keep a sharp eye out and you might find one, maybe two, for sale over the upcoming month." By extension, them, given the number of coats, if you're looking for a specific coat, you may have to wait several months, perhaps a year, to see it for sale (if you ever do).

Actually, I switched from "perfect" to "pessimistic" production between gems produced in normal breeding and those produced by the Fancies themselves. If I used perfect production throughout, production rates would have exploded and we'd see Fancie cats everywhere. So a pessimistic distribution/production model is more realistic. I might be a bit overly pessimistic .. but I doubt there are "several dozens" of Fancies out there currently breeding, so I doubt I'm wildly off the mark, but "a couple dozen" might be more like it. There simply isn't enough data out there to be very certain,
02-27-2014, 09:14 PM
My friend is selling her Blue Moon Fancie Ocicat- permapetted, it's 27,000L drop her a line in world Kammy Fullstop.

~ Luna's Lucky KittyCatS ~
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cr.../73/120/21
Find all posts by this user
03-03-2014, 04:55 PM
(02-27-2014 09:14 PM)Luna1987 Resident Wrote:  
My friend is selling her Blue Moon Fancie Ocicat- permapetted, it's 27,000L drop her a line in world Kammy Fullstop.

Yah, Ive made at least five hundred boxes,

and seen TWO rubies show up out of that.

Never seen a jewel cat wandering around.

Seen a box once or twice.

These things are like bigfoot, you've heard they exist but...

I see plenty of mega 'this and thats' going for $100 u.s.d,

but if any pixel kitteh is worth the big bucks, the jewel cat is it.

Its kinda like a reward to the superbreeders out there,

the common KittyCats dabbler can only go around buying any jewels they see

so they can cash em in for one of their own fancies.

Good luck in your search!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)