Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Breeding
02-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Sad Breeding
Being that I personally have a partner and we breed our animals together, not being able to breed my KittyCatS with other's KittyCatS creates a little bit of a problem. I know the babies will be transfer and we can pass them back and forth, but sometimes I am not the most trusting of strangers and do not want to hand over my pet for fear of them keeping it, or even if by nobodys fault, sl eats my prized cat during transfer, when it wouldve been easier to just say breed with so and so like I would with my own cat. ALSO, I think its IMPERATIVE, this be in the manual. This is pretty upsetting In My Opinion and a few others that have messaged me.

Heart Rori
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Sad RE: Breeding
I also had gone into this planning on breeding my cats with a friend who wasnt able to purchase as many as I did. This is the first thing that I have found disappointing with KittyCats, but its a big deal to me. I wish I had known from the start that this was the case. I would have purchased the same amount but differently. If this isnt a something that can be fixed in the future I guess I wont be allowing my pets to breed with others. It just sets us all up for a lot of situations where it is our word against someone else as to who had what cat. Or someone losing someone's cat. Not a situation I want to find myself.
Veri FrogSad
02-09-2011, 05:49 PM
RE: Breeding
(02-09-2011 04:47 PM)Aurora Jacks Wrote:  Being that I personally have a partner and we breed our animals together, not being able to breed my KittyCatS with other's KittyCatS creates a little bit of a problem. I know the babies will be transfer and we can pass them back and forth, but sometimes I am not the most trusting of strangers and do not want to hand over my pet for fear of them keeping it, or even if by nobodys fault, sl eats my prized cat during transfer, when it wouldve been easier to just say breed with so and so like I would with my own cat. ALSO, I think its IMPERATIVE, this be in the manual. This is pretty upsetting In My Opinion and a few others that have messaged me.

Thanks for your input! I updated the manual with it so people are aware of it. As it was never an issue in the beta testing it didn't come up my mind. I will put it on our "to do" list and we will discuss it in the team, if and how we can offer that option in future.

[Image: a_catbox.gif]
02-09-2011, 05:51 PM
(02-09-2011 05:08 PM)Veridian Frog Wrote:  I also had gone into this planning on breeding my cats with a friend who wasnt able to purchase as many as I did. This is the first thing that I have found disappointing with KittyCats, but its a big deal to me. I wish I had known from the start that this was the case. I would have purchased the same amount but differently. If this isnt a something that can be fixed in the future I guess I wont be allowing my pets to breed with others. It just sets us all up for a lot of situations where it is our word against someone else as to who had what cat. Or someone losing someone's cat. Not a situation I want to find myself.
Veri FrogSad

Really sorry for that!! If you think we can do something for you by switch cats let me know in world.

As i wrote in the other post, we will discuss it and it might be in one of the next updates.

[Image: a_catbox.gif]
 Thanks given by: Veridian Frog
02-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Big Grin RE: Breeding
I think that sounds fabulous! Thank you so very much for the consideration its very appreciated and its great to be heard!

Heart Rori
02-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the response Smartkitty, I hope it is something that is improved via an update!
02-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Yes, this is a feature with other breedables that we use ALL the time. Another use case with this that I never used much myself is people that "stud" out their pets to other breeders. So if someone needs a male or female and doesn't have one that is ready to breed, often you see them use the services of another breeder.

My other suggestion which probably should be a separate thread but am too lazy right now is the ability to add a partner to control my cats. So my partner can access the menu of my cats and do things such as set home, breed, wake, etc.
02-16-2011, 03:17 AM
I admittedly am a bit sad to hear that a 'Group' or 'Everyone' breeding option isn't currently available. I mean, it's not the end of the world or anything but I am in this 50/50 with a business partner and we intended to breed together.

That isn't to say we can't trade I suppose when needed (excluding our Genesis cats) but I'd like to see a setting available, allowing us to breed how and with who we want. Smile

Co-Owner of Kitty Cattery & site admin of www.KittyCattery.biz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)