Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Marketplace Revisted
07-16-2011, 03:41 PM
RE: Marketplace Revisted
(07-03-2011 11:00 AM)Theodore Nacht Wrote:  
(07-03-2011 09:25 AM)Kyorisa Yven Wrote:  It would also enable us to buy food for our friends if, say, we wanted to give a kitten to someone new to kittycats. Then that person can get addicted too Smile

x100. If you could buy food for friends, that would be a greaaat way to get them involved. No one wants to gift cats because there's not a good way to gift food with them. Friends rarely want the starters. They want your 'cute' cats. If you can give them the cat you just bred out that they fell for PLUS a month of food, then you expand your customer base enormously. It's got to be worth the time and effort to your staff to implement this.

PLUS....you could greatly increase revenues from vitamin sales if people didn't have to go anywhere to get them, particularly when love drops are released. If people could buy that 1% without going anywhere...you could ensure massive sales of that. Vitamins are all about convenience to begin with, and if you gave them the added convenience of the marketplace, that would remove one of the last hurdles in breeders' minds about buying them. Once they're on marketplace, the only remaining question is price, and with the impulse buyability of marketplace...a lot of them will have it in cart and checking out before they think twice.

Oh I so agree... I never would run to the store for that last 1% ever but put that ability on the market place and bam I would sooo buy it!

And also yes I would love to gift kitties with food and would love the option of being able to do it though the market place or even with a gift card!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2011 09:26 AM by KittyCatS.)
Hi all Smile

I understand completely that you would want a way to buy things trough the marketplace.

We had initially promissed to do this at some point without mentioning a clear date, but since then the marketplace has had several delivery issues, with many misdeliveries as a consequence.

Despite that we have indeed posted the starter packs on the marketplace. The reason behind this is that we think its both in your and our importance to attract new breeders, and you can see it more as a way of advertising from our side.

Neverthless, we do see an increased count of misdeliveries for just this few items we sell there compared to our in world store.

For that reason we are currently resistent to post items on the marketplace, as it would add an increased load and slowdown for support.

Maybe its time to start to look for an alternative on that.
Appologies for the late update on this matter.

Regards,
KittyCatS.
07-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Thank you for the info KittyCats! Yes, I know that there have been a lot of misdeliveries and issues with the Marketplace recently; I have been a victim of this on both sides, as both a seller and a buyer. Undecided Perhaps an alternative would be "gift" options in the store. While I know its not the same as being able to buy from the convenience of your own parcel and sitting around waiting for it to show up, it does allow you to purchase for a friend.

At any rate, I do very much appreciate the insight into why you are hesitant to put more products on the MP and completely understand the reasoning behind that!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)