Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pedigree DB does not recognise name changes
07-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Pedigree DB does not recognise name changes
Hi! I have noticed that the Pedigree DB (which is a great idea, BTW) does not recognise the change of a cat's name. Only when the owner changes the name is updated.

Is there any way to have the database updated right away upon a name change? It's not urgent, because as a work-around you can give the cat to someone else who then gives it back. This refreshes the DB record.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2011, 04:53 PM
RE: Pedigree DB does not recognise name changes
(07-02-2011 04:25 PM)Paola Delpaso Wrote:  Hi! I have noticed that the Pedigree DB (which is a great idea, BTW) does not recognise the change of a cat's name. Only when the owner changes the name is updated.

Is there any way to have the database updated right away upon a name change? It's not urgent, because as a work-around you can give the cat to someone else who then gives it back. This refreshes the DB record.

The database updates when the KittyCatS is connecting to the server which is ones a day.

[Image: a_catbox.gif]
07-02-2011, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2011 11:28 PM by Paola Delpaso.)
(07-02-2011 04:53 PM)SmartKittyCat Wrote:  The database updates when the KittyCatS is connecting to the server which is ones a day.

OK. That is completely sufficient. Thanks for clarifying.
08-04-2011, 08:11 AM
I found the pedigree doesn't change the name of the parents if they are changed in the mean while.
I would love this to change because I gave my male parent cat a female name and he was so insulted i needed to rename him:-D
Though in their newborn pedigree this has not changedSmile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)