Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Gaining love faster (love buffs)
01-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Gaining love faster (love buffs)
I have a silly question, but I can't find the answer.

I know that the bonuses are not cumulative. Milk plus 30 minutes of snuggling a day equals the same reduction to 7 days to gain love. But do they work together or do you lose the bonus. What I mean is this:

Say I have cats on milk for five days. So they are approx 71%. But the milk runs out and I can't get more. So for the next two days I make sure to snuggle them. Do they still end up all loved at the end of 7 days? Or do they need the same bonus the whole time for it to work?

Thanks!
sj
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Gaining love faster (love buffs)
The way the love buff works is they need either the Cuddle OR the Milk. The Milk and Cuddle combined together does not give extra...only one or the other.

There are vitamins to buff Love - Love 5, Love 10 and Love Drop (it's 1%). Other wise you just have to wait it out.

My cats are on milk...as they are in the cattery...far too many of them right now - all I would be doing is cuddling...which isn't a bad thing, but not how I want to devote my entire time on SL. It is generally 7 days between boxes while on the Milk.

[Image: sneaks_forum_signature.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sh...2/224/2001
01-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Thank you!!! Smile

I suspected as much but wouldn't want to find out I was wrong by accident!
01-08-2014, 01:26 PM
If the buff combined...there were would a whole lot of us breeders looking silly by attaching 10 or so cats at a time. I know some who do that on a general basis any way to save Lindens. I had to ask myself about this very thing.

[Image: sneaks_forum_signature.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sh...2/224/2001
01-10-2014, 05:00 AM
It is not really silly. Okay maybe a little bit. But it is also cute seeing walking kitty piles around on cat markets.
BTW silly is fun, so it is good. ;P
XD
01-21-2014, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 11:44 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
(01-08-2014 01:06 PM)SaraJane Jacobus Wrote:  Say I have cats on milk for five days. So they are approx 71%. But the milk runs out and I can't get more. So for the next two days I make sure to snuggle them. Do they still end up all loved at the end of 7 days? Or do they need the same bonus the whole time for it to work?

As long as you snuggled them enough that the buff never turned off, they will be at 100% Love at the end of seven days. When the buff is active, the Happiness smileyface is opaque; if it's not active, it's hollow.

Kitten Longmeadow suggests thinking of the buff as a gas tank which can be filled with milk or snuggling. The milk and the snuggling don't overlap, but they can share the tank. If the tank is empty, the buff turns off until more is put in the tank.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)