Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Additional eye shapes and/or pupil sizes?
01-06-2014, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 11:13 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Additional eye shapes and/or pupil sizes?
(01-06-2014 09:10 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Much as i'd like to see this i fear that Tad is right on this one (sighs) Tongue

oh noos did you really say that out loud? Wink

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2014, 12:18 PM
(01-06-2014 11:07 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 09:10 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Much as i'd like to see this i fear that Tad is right on this one (sighs) Tongue

Oh dear, i was hoping it'd slip by unnoticed Blush
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
01-06-2014, 02:31 PM
(01-06-2014 12:18 PM)anna acanthus Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 11:07 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  

Oh dear, i was hoping it'd slip by unnoticed Blush

ROFL!

Retro Kitties Showroom »

01-06-2014, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 03:17 PM by Deer Thistle.)
To be honest, I'm kind of bored with both eye shapes and wish we had more variety. We have so many options now for eye colors but ultimately our cats end up having the same 'look' in the eyes with so little choices.

I actually enjoy the challenge of maintaining specific traits and embrace any new traits introduced if they pique my interest, especially given the significance of aesthetics in KittyCatS. With that said, I'd be so down for Skelecat eyes/pupils LOL and openly support any new eye shapes that Callie can scheme up to add more choices.

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Aubreygrace Starlight
01-06-2014, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 09:13 PM by Sanura Snowpaw.)
I agree I would love to see more eye shapes and pupil sizes but I imagine it will take quite a while to implement just due to the sheer amount of eye colors we already have. I would guess you need to do each color in every variation plus ones for the blinks.

And as for as what types of shapes I would prefer more naturalish shapes to a degree not super narrow or squinty, yes I adore when I capture them like that in a photo but it is a moment in time I wouldn't want to see my cats just walking around with squinty narrow eyes. Also the fact that is is a moment in time makes it all the more special. Sorta like how they randomly stick out their tongues I wouldn't want them to always have their tongue poking out either. Having them always squinty would lose that bit of random life like behavior that I have come to adore in my kittehs. I'd love maybe some more rounded pupils, maybe a rounded eye or the slants coming from a lower or higher direction or even small stars or hearts as the pupil for a bit of fantasy.

Speaking of requests I would still love to see more fantasy colors as we have been asking for them for nearly two years. http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=7608

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , MiuKitten Resident
01-07-2014, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 03:49 AM by Khea Karas.)
Please please no squinty eyes ALL the time. It would not show off all the beautiful eye colors we have to their fullest. I dont want to breed for a gorgeous eye color just to have it mostly hidden by a limited eye shape. Tongue

Another eye shape perhaps yes, as long as it fits with the face shape and doesnt look stuck on as an afterthought.

But I trust KCs creative team to make the right choice in whatever they add, if they decide to go down this road, and not flood us with too many new traits all at once. Just to add more traits, to have more traits ... is silly, and I doubt they would do that.

Laughs...even though I would LOVE Long Luscious Lashes on all my girl kitties hehe. Wink

Perhaps we need a "Create Your Own Eye Kit".... lol!

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MiuKitten Resident , Kayleigh McMillan , Sanura Snowpaw
01-07-2014, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 04:50 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I'm always in dubio will I breed for the "perfect" eye small pupil and mysterious eyeshape or will I breed for my perfect eye a mysterious eyeshape and a big pupil and make my cats with less traits.
I always find that a tough decision to make because the challenge is ofcourse to make as much traits in a cat as possible but I'm always tempted to let that shade and the small pupil go.
I just adore the big pupil on a mysterious eyeshape.
Now we have the Blush shade the shade problem is solved for me because I think Blush is barely visable at least with my windlight settings.
For the eyes though I'd love to game for 9T while I could make aesthetic other choices for the eyeshape depending on the project

Retro Kitties Showroom »

01-07-2014, 04:45 AM
Expressions would definitely be exciting to see on the kitties, I think that one's a good idea. I also agree about not making an eye shape extremely narrow because we don't want to hide the pretty eyes. I love eyes and definitely prefer to showcase them. Big Grin

“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” Jean Cocteau
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)