Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Brown & White Patch Tabby breeding.
12-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Question Brown & White Patch Tabby breeding.
I need help. I have been trying to get brown & white patch tabby from my brown and white patch tabby girl. Three times she has been bred, and I keep getting something else. Her father is a Supercat who carries the brown & white patch. Her mother is a Ocicat Chocolate with a mixed pedigree, father was Seal Lynx and mother Ociat chocolate, grandparents are Balinese cream and aby black silver, Ocicat ebony silver & ocicat chocolate.

Now i bred her first to a Seal Lynx (Bing), with all seal lynx in the background, and got a seal lynx back. Next i bred her to a Aby Black Silver with Aby BlackSilver and Choc Lynx parents and Aby Black Silver and Cream Lynx & maine coon washed grandparents. And i got a Aby Black Silver. Then I bred her too the Aby BlackSilv again and got a Seal Lynx.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2013, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 07:56 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: Brown & White Patch Tabby breeding.
KittyCatS breeding is, at its heart, a coin toss.

You wanted heads (her to pass her dominant/shown fur) and what you've been getting was a run of tails (her passing her recessive, sounds like Seal Lynx).

All you can do is keep flipping the coin (breeding her as you have been). Hopefully (probably) the run will break, you'll get heads, and she'll pass her dominant fur: Brown and White Patch Tabby.

People tend to read meaning into runs: as if there is some hidden cause. The cause will either be obvious (ie, breeding to a more dominant), or will not exist! People who learn this tend to dislike runs. But runs are part of randomness. If they did not occur, KittyCatS breeding would not be random and we'd be crying foul.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident , Icestron Resident , MarissaCloud Resident
12-22-2013, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 08:18 AM by Dottie Idlemind.)
Try pairing to a fur that is dominant to the Ocicat Chocolate. I've been using Ocicat Tawny with one of mine and get the Brown & White Patch fur every time... so a Siamese Flame, Snowshoe Red, Abyssinian Fawn, or Ocicat Tawny should work.

Tad is exactly right... it is a coin toss so don't get discouraged. Smile

Edit: Just checked Saga's Pedigree Dominance order and see that Brown & White Patch is dominant to Cream & White Tabby, so you have a pretty wide range of furs that lie between the Oci Chocolate and Brown & White Patch and any of them should allow you to achieve your goal. Smile

Latest Discoveries

KittyCatS History Document
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident
12-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi, Astrid. Try back breeding by breeding your Brown and White Patch girl to your Supercat father. Since the father is hiding the fur, you should be able to bring it out more. If you breed your kitty with more recessive furs and the kitty is hiding it from the other parent, chances are you will get those fur. Like what Tad said, try to breed it to more dominant than Ocicat Chocolate if you are not going to back breed her to the father. I hope you get your Brown and White Patch Smile

Crepe MyrtleHeart
Rawr! Kitty Owner
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident
12-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I am not discouraged, just was wondering if i was doing something wrong Smile Thanks for your advice guys! I did think about breeding her back to dad. I see what you mean about a run of tails Tad, lol, I have a black foxie pair that only give me girls, lol. I love the randomness of the breeding, tho sometimes its a pain. Smile
12-22-2013, 09:20 PM

Tad and his friggin' coin toss!

I know damned well that the endless run we had on...

Genesis Flame II

was KittyCatS VOODOO!!

Lotto odds seem better at times!!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
12-30-2013, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 06:32 AM by AstridSolace Resident.)
DAMN. I bred my brown and white tabby girl Sonic back to her Supercat dad, and got a mega genesis fur with only 2T white mysterious whiskers. Oh well.
LOL, try again.
12-30-2013, 07:29 AM
Huh

Hugs

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)