Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

About Breakup Potion
12-19-2013, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 09:02 PM by Piper Rowley.)
RE: About Breakup Potion
I agree too but with the way Winter went about it. Unpartner in 30 mins or less or it's gonna cost you. I have made mistakes and caught them right away but I've also NOT noticed it (cause as it was said before) I was tired when I did it. So maybe less people will buy the breakup potion, but it's not a total loss of revenue cause not everyone will catch it under 30 mins.

[Image: Untitled-3_zpse0d66f02.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
12-20-2013, 02:04 AM
I dont think the cost of a breaking potion matters that much in their revenus. If i dont have to use 200L for it, i will buy two collars or other accessories. The point here is more about making it easier for the user and i do think that would profit KC to do so and to listen to the changes their customers are asking for also Big Grin
12-20-2013, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013 02:31 AM by anna Acanthus.)
(12-20-2013 02:04 AM)Jiminy Kling Wrote:  I dont think the cost of a breaking potion matters that much in their revenus. If i dont have to use 200L for it, i will buy two collars or other accessories. The point here is more about making it easier for the user and i do think that would profit KC to do so and to listen to the changes their customers are asking for also Big Grin

Actually, they do listen a lot Jimi, just we don't always get all we want of course ^^ This is worlds away from Fennux where they don't listen to a thing and no forum even Big Grin
Before we didn't even know what the gender was before opening a box and they finally gave us gender on boxes. We struggled with kitty count and prim allowances so we got the 2D option, and now the online cattery so we don't even need to even have any land at all to breed. Of course this means that prim money we can now spend on KittyCatS Wink so it's a win/win affair.

Anyhow i digress … back to the subject, keep it rolling guys and cross fingers for this one. I do think it's a pretty minor revenue for them so it wouldn't hurt that much.
 Thanks given by: Saxoni Fenstalker , Kayleigh McMillan
12-20-2013, 04:19 AM
I have to say I agree as well. I would love to have more of my kitties running around SL instead of being in inventory "prison", but I can't always afford too keep food out for them since feeding my breeders is my priority. I would LOVE it if the kitties perma-petted themselves when they hit 121 days old. And I've also made partnering mistakes. It would be wonderful to have an unpartner button :-)
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Kayleigh McMillan
12-20-2013, 06:15 AM
great idea .
12-20-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013 11:47 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(12-20-2013 02:30 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Actually, they do listen a lot Jimi, just we don't always get all we want of course ^^ This is worlds away from Fennux where they don't listen to a thing and no forum even Big Grin
Before we didn't even know what the gender was before opening a box and they finally gave us gender on boxes. We struggled with kitty count and prim allowances so we got the 2D option, and now the online cattery so we don't even need to even have any land at all to breed. Of course this means that prim money we can now spend on KittyCatS Wink so it's a win/win affair.

Anyhow i digress … back to the subject, keep it rolling guys and cross fingers for this one. I do think it's a pretty minor revenue for them so it wouldn't hurt that much.

Personally I spend a lot on my oopsy's, I'm an auto pilot person, I do things pretty much blindly.
In a good working intuitive interface I rarely go wrong and if I do something is not right.
The delete option of the desktop trashcan for example was not right located in windows Vista.
So frequently when I wanted to empty my trashcan I deleted it.
Microsoft has fixed that in the mean while the delete and empty trashcan options were just too close to each other.
It doesn't feel nice to pay, as it feels for me, a penalty for mistakes it just isn't a positive purchase and I believe purchase things should be a positive experience at all times with the feeling someone bought the value they intended.
I do think they will lose a lot of L$ from this potion, should they make this unpartner button, at least from my oopsy's.
I think there are more intuitive users as I am.
At the same time I have the feeling they can handle that loss of income Wink
I prefer to spend money on things I really want to buy that makes me more a happy customer.
I always have @#!*&^%$! emotions when I obtain the breakup not that I mind much but it isn't a positive customer experience.
Especially so if I buy it because I made a mistake which is 9 out of 10 times the case with this vita.
I'm too spoiled and lazy to wait the wrong partnering out I have to admit Blush
I think the online cattery is indeed a smart design, Anna ;-)
Funds which first went to land fees can now be spend on food, milk, boosters and whatnot for more kitties than one could have should the prim price and limit be taken in consideration by creating a breeding budget and if one was obligated to rent/ buy more prims to create space for their breeders.
It is indeed a win, win for KittyCatS! I always admire smart business strategies so this move I always loved even though I don't use it myself I like to see my breeders and not on a website or in 2D mode in world.
I still prefer to have less breeders over those options.
But that is personal taste I think I know many use it.
They even made it possible to breed during work time via a tablet or smartphone Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Draco Nacht , Vrem Vaniva
12-20-2013, 09:45 PM
I think all of us have made an oppsie a time or two with our kittys. The less money we have to spend on fixing the opps the more we can spend on other things KittyCatS! related.

[Image: sneaks_forum_signature.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sh...2/224/2001
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , anna Acanthus
12-23-2013, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 03:03 AM by anna Acanthus.)
In fact, thinking about the "repartner" button, i'm wondering if it really has any use at all.
I've never *intentionally* used it myself, i've never wanted to pair the same two kitties all of their breeding life.
Has anyone else ever actually needed to do this ?
It seems to me that it's just a 200L$ error button really.

I still think that we should not have to pay to unpair at all, it would take out a lot of stress and mind fatigue if we didn't have to worry about wrong pairings.
But at least the removal of this option could save much grrrrr if, of course, it is of no utility to anyone.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
12-23-2013, 04:19 AM
The real question is, why was there not an unpairing button in the first place? I have been in breedables long before KC existed, and there was always an UnPairing button right next to the Pairing button. Never any minimum time to pair, or some expensive breakup potion. Was the decision to not include an instant Breakup button, and charge $200 instead, solely for the purpose of generating extra revenue?

I avoid the problem entirely by never pairing, and never using the cattery to breed. But not all breeders have the land and prims for that luxury. I fully support an instant breakup button, and KC can introduce more special cats to sell to make up for the lost revunue.

Shamu
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Kayleigh McMillan
12-23-2013, 02:01 PM
i would LOVE an unpartner button! i make mistakes all the time when i partner, sometimes forgetting i wanted to save one cat for one that's 10% behind in love, or not noticing right away that the name in the blue box isn;t the one i meant to chose, or whatever. this seems like like it could be n easy thing to add to an update, then again, i'm not a scripter, so i don;t really know. as for permapetting? i permapet cats a lot. even if i don;t have the prims to let them all roam at the same time. i know so many people who don;t buy permapet because they feel it;s too expensive, and frankly, i think it is to. i frequently like to give presents of cats to friends who are not going to breed them, and then permapet them for them. i have one as i type this who's waiting to be 7 days old so i can permapet her to give as a cristmas present. if nothing else, making permapet transfer would be fabulous. then we could give the cat present, and also the permapet vitamin. a transfer boel of kibble with the cat, and you're set.!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)